• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Lords Of Shadow Ultimate Edition |OT| Now at 60 FPS!

garath

Uhm.. that's not port begging? Both the sequel Mirror of Fate and the sequel sequel LoS2 are coming to PC at a later date, that's confirmed

He was asking for a PS4 version, not PC.

Dammit, I have my remote install all ready to go, turned my computer on over lunch but still no unlock :(

pa22word

Uhm.. that's not port begging? Both the sequel Mirror of Fate and the sequel sequel LoS2 are coming to PC at a later date, that's confirmed

What he said had nothing to do with this version of the game nor future PC versions of Castlevania games. He was port begging for a PS4 version of the games at 1080p/60fps.

And since when was Mirror of Fate confirmed to be coming to PC? No trying to be combative mind you, just curious as I'd be willing to double dip on that as the 3DS version kind of ran like ass.

Edit: beaten twice, lol

Atruvius

GMG price is only shown in USD so you can get it cheaper than usual. And with a 20% off code the price drops to 18€.

The code: WVPB6-8IYFZ-VCELX

edit: IT'S UP

Here a picture of Dave Cox and Richard Madden, Voice Actor for [Mirror of Fate spoiler]
Trevor/Alucard
to keep calm.

Vjc1wwo.jpg

BrianReturns

Neo Member
Is there any way to download this remotely? The game doesn't show up in my list of games under my profile, so I can't click the remote download button. I assume restarting the client does what would normally happen automatically after a certain amount of time. The question is, is that 15 minutes, or 5 hours?!

Is there any way to download this remotely? The game doesn't show up in my list of games under my profile, so I can't click the remote download button. I assume restarting the client does what would normally happen automatically after a certain amount of time. The question is, is that 15 minutes, or 5 hours?!

There is a way through either the browser or the mobile app, but apparently you need to restart your god-damned, mother-fucking, donkey-raping, shit-eater of a brower client on your home computer before it realizes that the game's availability has changed.

Domstercool

Very excited to start seeing some screens, or at the very least hearing about the performance, of this game. I'm nowhere near buying it due to backlog hell, but this will be fun when I can pick it up at an even bigger bargain.

Performance is fantastic, and some of the environments look spectacular. It's all thanks to the art direction and sharp texture work.

BrianReturns

Neo Member
There is a way through either the browser or the mobile app, but apparently you need to restart your god-damned, mother-fucking, donkey-raping, shit-eater of a brower client on your home computer before it realizes that the game's availability has changed.

Ugh. I'm hoping that some time before I need to leave the office my client will realize the game is available and I can queue it up.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So this game is actually good it seems? Got a bit of a Dark Souls vibe from the trailer.

Cynar

So this game is actually good it seems? Got a bit of a Dark Souls vibe from the trailer.

It's nothing like Dark Souls. I love Dark Souls and I really enjoyed this game on my 360. This game is a hack and slash adventure game with some amazing environments, decent music(nothing really memorable but it fits the atmosphere), and a fun story. It's a different take on Castlevania which I've loved since the 80's but this is still a lot of fun for what it is. :)

It's not showing on my remote list. Goddamit.

Just call one of your cats or maybe even a house plant and have them restart your client for you. Or, you could just restart it yourself through the mobile STEAM app. Oh, you can't do that? Hmm... that would have been a useful feature. Far more useful than the ability to remotely install games that you owned before the last time you restarted your client.

DieH@rd

Banned
Never played a Castlevania game in my life, is this worth looking into?

Yes. Beautiful, long, well produced game [ost, voiceovers], with very competent combat engine that really likes to punish button mashers. Well worth playing, especially on PC [1080p60].

Cynar

Anyone else having steam say the download for this game is only 98 mb? :|

edit: deleted steam.dll and clientregistry.blob to fix it

TGMIII

Never played a Castlevania game in my life, is this worth looking into?

Depends on what you're looking for. If you're a fan of action games such as God of War/Dantes inferno then there's something here for you. If you're looking for something more along the lines of DMC or something with mechanics that you can sink your teeth into you might want to look elsewhere.

Maedhros

Just call one of your cats or maybe even a house plant and have them restart your client for you. Or, you could just restart it yourself through the mobile STEAM app. Oh, you can't do that? Hmm... that would have been a useful feature. Far more useful than the ability to remotely install games that you owned before the last time you restarted your client.

Oh, wow... so I need to restart the fucking client? Goddamit, that's incredible useless!

Zushin

In terms of combat you can compare it with God of War. In terms of atmosphere it has a pretty decent gothic vibe.

Do you like medieval gothic settings with GoW like combat? If yes, it's worth it.

Yes. Beautiful, long, well produced game [ost, voiceovers], with very competent combat engine that really likes to punish button mashers. Well worth playing, especially on PC [1080p60].

Fuck yes. This is the game for those who never played a Castlavania game in their lives.
BTW you should be ashamed.

Cheers guys, guess I'll pick it up soon!

And Ahasverus, I'm sorry :(

Ahasverus

Depends on what you're looking for. If you're a fan of action games such as God of War/Dantes inferno then there's something here for you. If you're looking for something more along the lines of DMC or something with mechanics that you can sink your teeth into you might want to look elsewhere.

That's not true, this game is far more puzzle and platfforming focused than GoW/dI/DMC it's like an old school adventure game with great combat system.

@Zush: It's all forgiven now :)

Downloading mine now, it's 14gb though haha, I'm looknig forward to playing in 2 hours. Shame GMG didn't have it up for pre-order for the uk for whatever , but still quite pelased. Used the 20% off regular code and got it for £15.50. Really can't complain about that, if I'm remember the games length well.

TGMIII

That's not true, this game is far more puzzle and platfforming focused than GoW/dI/DMC it's like an old school adventure game with great combat system.

The platforming and puzzle elements of LoS are very light and I'd personally call the combat system decent at best. I'm just giving another view on the game, it's not bad by any means but I certainly don't think it warrants a lot of the high praise it gets; especially in regards to the combat.

Top Bottom