• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cat people are smarter than dog people, new study shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic dog owner.

giphy.gif

I became a cat person out of consequence of a break-up.

My Ex wanted a cat, I am allergic. We opted for a Siberian cat which I am not allergic too. She really wanted a cat.

Turns out that the cat likes me better and is in love with me.

Me and my Ex split up (after 4 years) and she did not want to sever the bound between the cat & I (since the cat chose me).

So I now am a noob owner of Siberian Forrest Cat.

So I am now smart.

*my Ex and I are in good terms, no animosity, no angst. We just on different paths in life.

This research was clearly done by a cat person, as dog people don't give much of a fuck about cats.

My high school Lit teacher always flaunted how much smarter cats were than dogs. "You have to win the affection of your cat". I already have a wife for that, I don't need another, am I right?

Should've compared with a control sample of people who don't care for pets at all, at least of these sizes that are a drain on your wallet/resources/emotions and are treated as prolonged birthday toys by families who end up having to be killed in animal shelters.

#nofunallowed

Cat people are best people.

just kidding of course, but I do love my cat. I wouldn't mind having a dog if you could get rid of the dog smell

Plus it's 600 college students surveyed, and yet the results are extrapolated as "people". I'm sick of these dumb studies.

Why would college cat owners be unusually smart compared to college dog owners? College people should be biased towards intelligence but why would cat owners be more so?

Derwind

So the sample size was 600 college students....?

What if the person owned both pets or never owned a pet at all
;_;
?

I think I'll buy a kitten and place it under my hat before an exam.... my own version of ratatouille.

Nikodemos

Plus it's 600 college students surveyed, and yet the results are extrapolated as "people". I'm sick of these dumb studies.
Because everybody knows college students aren't people.

Trololo. :p

I'm a college student btw. No, I don't own any pets.

Gustav

Banned
Cat owners... agree with study.

Dog owners... desperately trying to dismiss study.

That only proves that dog owners don't swallow the lies media feeds us. They are not sheeple. Cat owners on the other hand, well... gullible.

iammeiam

I feel like the cat people should all be docked points for owning a pet that poops in a box requiring owner cleaning and whose feces may give them a brain parasite.

I don't actually have anything against cats or cat people I just find poop brain parasites hilarious.

I feel like the cat people should all be docked points for owning a pet that poops in a box requiring owner cleaning and whose feces may give them a brain parasite.

As opposed to "owning" a pet that shits and/or pees everywhere and you have to clean up? Or shits on the grass and you still have to pick up with a bag/scoop?

I agree on the brain parasite though. Although that's probably what makes us smarter :p

JkRu0Sc.jpg

Timeaisis

60% liked dogs, 11% liked cats, the rest like both or neither. And they only surveyed college students...
Hmmmmmm....

Yes, I'm a dog person.

Derwind

As opposed to "owning" a pet that shits and/or pees everywhere and you have to clean up? Or shits on the grass and you still have to pick up with a bag/scoop?

Both pets need to be trained on their pooping procedures. Hope that makes you both feel better. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom