• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt Red uninterested in being acquired "We have worked our whole lives to get to the position we have now"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member

cyberpunk-2077-PL.png

Cyberpunk 2077 developer CD Projekt Red said that it is not interested in being a part of a larger gaming firm.

That's according to VGC, per a Parkiet interview with Adam Kiciński, who transitioned from CEO to chief strategy officer as of January 1.

Kiciński said,

"We have worked our whole lives to get to the position we have now. And we believe that in a few years we will be even bigger and stronger. We have ambitious plans and we are passionate about what we do. We value our independence."

He also addressed whether CD Projekt Red would instead acquire any gaming studios for itself.

Kiciński said that the firm isn't planning to purchase any firm at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I always thought that they would pivet Cyberpunk to a MP online game ala GTAO, they've built an incredible world which would make the ultimate sandbox to play around in and snag some of those GTA $$$

Red5

I always thought that they would pivet Cyberpunk to a MP online game ala GTAO, they've built an incredible world which would make the ultimate sandbox to play around in and snag some of those GTA $$$

Witcher universe seems better suited for MP IMO, create your own witcher from several different witcher school, get contracts for killing monsters similar, team up with other witchers for coop monster hunts, similar to Monster Hunter.

Gojiira

Next week ‘ CDPR x PS, Welcome to the PlayStation Studios Family!’
Sony really needs a RPG studio…

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Let developers extend their vision on behalf of creativity not who owns the company.

JayK47

As much as I love their work, I am seeing them falter. Expanding as quickly as they are, I think they will loose their core focus and values. They have studios in Vancouver and Boston. I doubt those studios have the same values as the Polish studios. I think their best days are behind them. I would not be surprised if they sell out in the next 5 or so years.

Taur007

With as much as development cost these days, all it takes is 1 or 2 flops to put studio in the red. Hope witcher 4 releases great, idk if they afford another disasterous cyberpunk esque launch even though the game is fine now.

Edder1

In all fairness Bungie weren't coming off a 50 million and a 25 million selling last two games. Those numbers are elite level and afford CDPR a level of security few studios will ever see.
That all changes when the management is offered billions and billions that basically secures them and their future generation comfortable life in which they'd never have to work a day in their life. Believe me, there's only so much money they can say no to.

Last edited:

cyberpunk-2077-PL.png

Cyberpunk 2077 developer CD Projekt Red said that it is not interested in being a part of a larger gaming firm.

That's according to VGC, per a Parkiet interview with Adam Kiciński, who transitioned from CEO to chief strategy officer as of January 1.

Kiciński said,

He also addressed whether CD Projekt Red would instead acquire any gaming studios for itself.

Kiciński said that the firm isn't planning to purchase any firm at the time.
Doesn't matter that stopped mattering the moment they became a public company. Their shareholders decide whether they get acquired now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WX3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom