• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt: "We need to fix the relationship with our players"

JrEQ3IB.jpg
This is all that needs to be said.

Puscifer

Seriously, people need to stop whining. PC was a great experience from the start, the enhanced consoles got a better experience and the base last gen consoles got the best experience possible. People really act like consoles are miracle machines till something not linear comes along and shows you otherwise, GTA 5 on 360 and PS3 was a damn sub 30s miracle

Puscifer

This lol. Some of these guys sound more spiteful than i did after the first time I got dumped.
I once saw someone say that Joel being killed the way he was in TLOU PT 2 was the biggest sense of betrayal in their lives and here am I thinking my ex fucking people while I'm working was bad!

No wonder even Neil told them to get help.

Read some of the comments there

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

I once saw someone say that Joel being killed the way he was in TLOU PT 2 was the biggest sense of betrayal in their lives and here am I thinking my ex fucking people while I'm working was bad!

No wonder even Neil told them to get help.

Read some of the comments there

That's true but subverting people's expectations in this manner is an insult to the consumers of popular Media.

Druckmann states that people that are upset by his deliberate insult need therapy.

Yes, Video games aren't important and getting all riled up is ridiculous. But still why spit in the face of the people who supported your first game and then call them out as unhinged..

Majormaxxx

Seriously, people need to stop whining. PC was a great experience from the start, the enhanced consoles got a better experience and the base last gen consoles got the best experience possible. People really act like consoles are miracle machines till something not linear comes along and shows you otherwise, GTA 5 on 360 and PS3 was a damn sub 30s miracle
GTA on ps3, installed on the hdd, ran like a dream. Had a ton of fun with it with not a single performance issue.

Cyberpunk on one x had uneven performance. Biking/driving had stutters that killed the joy. Gta on ps3 might have been sub 30,but no hutches. Maybe now one x is fixed.

Boss Mog

This time we mean it guys. For real.

GHPmVx0.jpg
The game was done for the most part, last gen just couldn't handle it.

Greed got the best of CDPR. They should've never launched those last gen versions. I waited for the current gen version to drop before playing it and I'm glad I did because it was an extraordinary game, so good yet with so much room for improvement. I can't wait to play Phantom Liberty and I can only hope they will imrove everything in the sequel. Game of the gen so far for me.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Yes we were expecting a different launch for Cyberpunk

EXPECTING?? Oh do FUCK OFF xD

Majormaxxx

The game was done for the most part, last gen just couldn't handle it.

Greed got the best of CDPR. They should've never launched those last gen versions. I waited for the current gen version to drop before playing it and I'm glad I did because it was an extraordinary game, so good yet with so much room for improvement. I can't wait to play Phantom Liberty and I can only hope they will imrove everything in the sequel. Game of the gen so far for me.
It could have used better cars/driving/car interactions and better police. A la gta 3.

Braag

That's true but subverting people's expectations in this manner is an insult to the consumers of popular Media.

Druckmann states that people that are upset by his deliberate insult need therapy.

Yes, Video games aren't important and getting all riled up is ridiculous. But still why spit in the face of the people who supported your first game and then call them out as unhinged..
I think being upset is what ND was going for, but reading those comments... Those people weren't upset, they were on the verge of mental breakdown.

played cyberpunk 2077 on release on ps4 & really enjoyed it (which's more than i can say for witcher 3, which i've started several times & failed to get into). so, yeah, cd project is just alright with me...

ClosBSAS

They've made a grand total of 4 games. 3 of which launched poorly, witcher 3 is even arguable considering it's day 1 performance.

I'm not quite sure where this "the best company" narrative comes from? (People clearly werent there for day 1 on the witcher 1 and 2, CDPR were one of the OGs when it came to Eurojank) Because they put a little thank you note in your witcher 3 box?

People were/are offended because they spent $60 on a game that straight up didn't work at launch on consoles and wasn't even a tiny bit close to the product they promised...

All the hate they get they've earned 100%
Honestly, blame the consoles. Ps4 and Xbox one were terrible consoles. Cdpr obviously miscalculated in their performance.

I've been there since day 1 and all they have done is improve upon each release. I'd wager cyberpunk on day 1 performed better than Witcher 3 on PC.

Either way...people get offended too easily and they they forget shit like mtx, buy millions of fifa's, millions of cod, which they are all just the same game with a different name every year.

So am not gonna get mad at cdpr specially when they have turned the situation around like crazy....with some saying they won't recover haha, they recovered and are better than ever, yet here I am still waiting for a dead space patch, or Jedi survivor patch that fixes the basics. But nobody be mad at that.

Majormaxxx

I think being upset is what ND was going for, but reading those comments... Those people weren't upset, they were on the verge of mental breakdown.
I agree.

But ND tried to have their cake and eat it too. TLOU2 took itself way more seriously than 1, aimed for being high art, not just a video game,with its theme and message. Then they don't agree with unhinged fans taking it too seriously... You can't have it both ways...

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
If they were truly sorry, the expansion would’ve been free.

I love shitposting about cyberpunk but naw thats ridiculous. You’re entitled to a working product; you’re not entitled to extra substantial content added post launch. People have paid for expansions since the 90s, its an accepted practice.

Puscifer

While I understand on that level and even recently came to understand when I said that Joel went from a Man's Man in the original who stood in his shit no matter the decision and then going to TLOU 2 where he went out like a bitch not even questioning the fact he ran into a stranger literally within walking distance of the camp before letting his guard down that yes, it was definitely out of character and cheap way to go out but I can't imagine the level of outright hatred people had for him after that in the slightest.

People were talking about murdering him and saying the game was Jewish propaganda for fucks sake.

StueyDuck

Honestly, blame the consoles. Ps4 and Xbox one were terrible consoles. Cdpr obviously miscalculated in their performance.

I've been there since day 1 and all they have done is improve upon each release. I'd wager cyberpunk on day 1 performed better than Witcher 3 on PC.

Either way...people get offended too easily and they they forget shit like mtx, buy millions of fifa's, millions of cod, which they are all just the same game with a different name every year.

So am not gonna get mad at cdpr specially when they have turned the situation around like crazy....with some saying they won't recover haha, they recovered and are better than ever, yet here I am still waiting for a dead space patch, or Jedi survivor patch that fixes the basics. But nobody be mad at that.
I'd rather we get mtx in games that are what they promised and release in a playable state.

Cdpr have earned their shit reputation. Howcome ubisoft and ea all get raked through the coals daily but again a company that's only released 4 major games and 25% of them actually working isn't a great a track record.

They don't deserve apologists and neither does any other company. Redfall at least delivered the game they promised and people wanted heads at MS to roll. Why does CDPR deserve such leeway?

People are allowed to be rightfully upset at the piss show they released and they do need to earn their consumers respect again.

Saber

You don't need to keep speaking like those idiots from twitter. Just do your job, do better and make content and improvement people want to look foward to. Let your work do the speaking.

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

While I understand on that level and even recently came to understand when I said that Joel went from a Man's Man in the original who stood in his shit no matter the decision and then going to TLOU 2 where he went out like a bitch not even questioning the fact he ran into a stranger literally within walking distance of the camp before letting his guard down that yes, it was definitely out of character and cheap way to go out but I can't imagine the level of outright hatred people had for him after that in the slightest.

People were talking about murdering him and saying the game was Jewish propaganda for fucks sake.
Jeez. Loonies.

GTA on ps3, installed on the hdd, ran like a dream. Had a ton of fun with it with not a single performance issue.

Cyberpunk on one x had uneven performance. Biking/driving had stutters that killed the joy. Gta on ps3 might have been sub 30,but no hutches. Maybe now one x is fixed.
Actually GTA 5 on ps3 run better than on Xbox 360 and both were pretty good according to Digital foundry.

Majormaxxx

Actually GTA 5 on ps3 run better than on Xbox 360 and both were pretty good according to Digital foundry.
Never tried 5 on 360... But 4 ran great on the Xbox! Had a great time with it as well. However I took maybe a year to finish it. 5 on the other hand had better pacing. Have beaten it 4 times, unlike 4.

Metnut

They made a mistake with the CP2077 launch but Witcher 3, the DLC and CP2077 after the next-gen patch were all incredible games.

I’m still all-in on whatever they have coming next. Just… not on day-1 next time.

Roni

Gold Member
For Gamers, CDPR had without a doubt the most praise of any studio in the industry. They burned all of that good will with the release of Cyberpunk. They purposely did not send out review copies of PS4/Xbox1(most gamers bought on those consoles)versions of the game. They knowingly launched such a shitty game that Sony was forced to offer refunds. Even if the game wasn't such a completely buggy mess at launch, the marketing of the game up until release misrepresented so much of what was in the game. It was so deceitful and scummy. CDPR needs to do more than just release good DLC to make up for that
The marketing of the game for base PS4 and Xbox One will always be broken because they featured vehicle combat in those ads and that's only coming for next-gen and PC's, but that's a whole lot more done than a bunch of other publishers who would just let those ads exist without ever touching the game to add it later in some shape or form...

Last edited:

Griffon

Content is king.

As long as their next games/dlcs are good, everybody will forget the bad press. They shouldn't even bother talking, just release good shit and let it rip.

Shifty1897

Game was a 9/10 on PC at launch.

Sorry to anyone who played the last gen versions. At least you got a free upgrade to the next gen version that runs well.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I only paid ten bucks for it so I'm not really all that upset. I'll probably play the dlc when it's 10 bucks or the all-in version including the DLC is super cheap.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I'm a GOG shill so as far as I'm concerned they have an amazing relationship with me. I considered their platform to be the best thing to happen to gaming in a very long time.

lol people getting all offended cause of the launch state of cyberpunk. gamers are getting worse by the day. imagine being so offended that now you doubt one of the best companies out there cause of one mistake.

That's a good cause to be "offended" about you moron. If getting angry due to blatant deceit and lies is not a righteous anger in gaming then what is?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This time we mean it guys. For real.

GHPmVx0.jpg
Never believe video companies. Bullshot videos, bullshot screen shots, and tons of patches needed.

Gamers actually have the magic bullet to make game studios get in line. Or at least avoid buying a disaster. Day one reviews and YT/Twitch streams. Wait for the dust to settle and see how good the game really is. But many still preorder on hype.

Give their marketing departments an A+. Probably the only industry in the world where customers keep preordering unpolished half crappy products over and over again based on YT trailers despite day one reviews where they can wait for confirmation and then download it after dinner. Most people wont even play the game until after dinner anyway as they come home from school or work. Yet they still amp up on preorders. Weird.

Last edited:

tusharngf

I dont trust them at all. First witcher 3 downgrade and then cyberpunk performance issues & bugs. First deliver a good product then we will talk.

Scotty W

Gold Member
I have never played this game. But it has always seemed to me that they were victims of their own hype.

Hype-impatience-delays- more hype- more impatience- rushing.

Rykan

Except ND did no such thing?

timothet

This. So much this.
In addition, players unsatisfied with launch had opportunity to get full refund. If they choosen not to, then they accepted game as it is with all its flaws. Saying that this massive expansion should be free is just entitled as fuck.

Top Bottom