• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt: "We need to fix the relationship with our players"

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
JrEQ3IB.jpg
Ex Acti-Bliz?

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

I want post this on Reddit. see what happens.
The launch wasn't good. I bought it for the most powerful console at the time, one x, and driving was not working well. Driving is a HUGE part of the game. Almost GTA level of importance. Also, they waaay overhyped it. So with those 10/10 reviews, the hype over those 8 years, the previous excellent W3, people expected at least a decent playing game.

nkarafo

What's the status of Cyberpunk after the expansion? Did all the issues got fixed? I don't mean in the expansion but in the base game as well.

YukiOnna

I can't really relate to the broken trust since 2077 had little to no issues for me on PC and it was a fun experience + the anime was great. I'm looking forward to the expansion.

leizzra

All I can say is - don't trust this PR centric company.

For years I was telling people that CDPR is not the company you think it was. They were building their image of being the knight in shining armour in the world of evil developers and publishers for years. Many people bought that. The thing is you cannot be a good company outside and bad inside and they were almost from the start like that. Dev's that worked there (and because of them the company still exists after the crisis that it had between development of Witcher 1 and 2) were telling the real story of the company (but it is known mostly by developers community). That's why CDPR has a problem w employees - many experienced people don't want to work there.

In the end CDPR is an corporation and it has it's corpo goals. If you don't trust those big companies then you shouldn't trust CDPR. Especially when they try to be right with the players because this is their PR bullshit - when there's some sort of big industry wide story CDPR is the first to say 'we won't do that'. The only good thing is that they shown the glimpse of their true nature earlier then they should have (I believed that it would be after CP2077). If it wasn't for that then you could looked at another EA. Now there is still a chance that they'll need to behave (but in the end CP sold very well...).

Loope

That's true but subverting people's expectations in this manner is an insult to the consumers of popular Media.

Druckmann states that people that are upset by his deliberate insult need therapy.

Yes, Video games aren't important and getting all riled up is ridiculous. But still why spit in the face of the people who supported your first game and then call them out as unhinged..
Well he's right. If you can't separate reality from fiction ,then you might be off the deep end.

Majormaxxx

Well he's right. If you can't separate reality from fiction ,then you might be off the deep end.
That is correct but he deliberately made a sequel that divided the fanbase of the original game. For other examples see the death of Han Solo (just ridiculous), Luke (what a waste) etc.. Extreme reactions are absolutely not appropriate - and people who spend too much time online probably need not only therapy but an abrupt lifestyle change... Threats over entertainment are childish at best and a sign of something deeper at worst.

That said, he shouldn't be surprised if a large percentage of the public is less than happy by the U turn in the name of "high art" etc. The sequel was advertised as something it was not while being aimed at fans of the original.

You don't get to act surprised if you do this to the main character and it causes a negative emotional reaction in the public. Extremely disrespectful both towards the original character and the original consumers.

Majormaxxx

We would not have this conversation if people did not preorder games - gamers are the easiest community to exploit.

I fell for the hype - once. I was sure there was no way it could go wrong. The product I preordered was Cyberpunk for One X...

Boss Mog

It could have used better cars/driving/car interactions and better police. A la gta 3.
The whole police thing was never an issue for me since you basically have no interaction with the police unless you start shooting civilians which makes no sense for V to ever do in the context of the story, it would make them a cyberpsycho. I never approached Cyberpunk like I would GTA and just dicked around for fun. I took it seriously and played it as if I were V, the game was too immersive not to.

Top Bottom