• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR Removes release date from Cyberpunk 2077 Twitter handle.

zwiggelbig

But there is a thing as 100% incompetent project management, 8yrs in development, telling the world its gone gold then trying to redefine what that means to cover up their incompetence, ably assisted by the CDPR fan boy army, who will defend them to the death.

..This thing has been a shit show from start to finish. I bet there are some pretty juicy tales of just how badly this thing has been handled, that might one day come out. No game should take 8yrs from announcement to (supposed) release.
it was only in pre production 8 years ago. It only went in full production with the massive team after they finished the Witcher and its DLC.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
smh.

They should have never been making theses lofty ass unrealistic promises. The more many of you tell us how normal delays are, it further questions why the fuck they were out here telling folks "no more delays".... I don't care if it comes next month or next year spring, fall etc. I'll believe it when its in my hands.

Great Hair

Banned
They could be doing this deliberately?
Lowering their stock market value by delaying the game, one bad news after another ... until they reach a "the right" value for a potential buy out? by someone with too many dirty bills.

No one will pay the current price for CDPR. It´s valued as much if not better than Ubisoft (€9 billions?). If you could get one of the two, you would get Ubisoft and their 100x different IPs and not CDPR (Witcher 3 *was* a success).

Madflavor

Gold Member
I think it's coming in December. How do you say a game has gone gold, then delay another 3 weeks, then delay by 3 or 4 months? That's all over the map, and would look grossly incompetent.

Are they deliberately delaying it to extend to a day or two past the Polish fiscal year end in December, so that they won't have to pay the "profit sharing in 2020 revenue" bonuses that they announced recently for employees that crunched for this to go gold?

Game sales are almost always the first four weeks, the strongest and they wind down significantly and move in snail's pace thereafter.

Clever fuckers if they end up doing this. LMAO.

• Triggered
Reactions: KO7

NahaNago

It went gold, but now it's going...

...golder.
500px-Goldar.jpg

Lowering their stock market value by delaying the game, one bad news after another ... until they reach a "the right" value for a potential buy out? by someone with too many dirty bills.

No one will pay the current price for CDPR. It´s valued as much if not better than Ubisoft (€9 billions?). If you could get one of the two, you would get Ubisoft and their 100x different IPs and not CDPR (Witcher 3 *was* a success).

Putting their company in (presumed) financial jeopardy, or projecting an air of uncertainty, in hopes of a buyout?

Why not just call up Microsoft or Sony and go "Yo, $5billy, let's do this"?

Boneless

But there is a thing as 100% incompetent project management, 8yrs in development, telling the world its gone gold then trying to redefine what that means to cover up their incompetence, ably assisted by the CDPR fan boy army, who will defend them to the death.

..This thing has been a shit show from start to finish. I bet there are some pretty juicy tales of just how badly this thing has been handled, that might one day come out. No game should take 8yrs from announcement to (supposed) release.

You can moan all you want about your imagined knowledge of their project management competence, but if this game is a succes in terms of profit noone will give a shit about 8 years dev time.

Alienware

Are they deliberately delaying it to extend to a day or two past the Polish fiscal year end in December, so that they won't have to pay the "profit sharing in 2020 revenue" bonuses that they announced recently for employees that crunched for this to go gold?

Game sales are almost always the first four weeks, the strongest and they wind down significantly and move in snail's pace thereafter.

Clever fuckers if they end up doing this. LMAO.

The bonus is something that they've done for the last few years and presumably for the foreseeable future, so either 2020 or 2021 wouldn't change much.

I love how people scapegoat dead gen for this one, the game is probably a fucking mess on every platform with dead gen being a VERY easy scapegoat.

What of the things that we've seen of the game makes you think that it's a fucking mess on every platform?

Like, specifically.

You seem so sure about it I must imagine there's a very good reason beyond the game being delayed for 21 days after a 5 years development cycle.

What of the things that we've seen of the game makes you think that it's a fucking mess on every platform?

It does not make sense it being a performance mess really. Remember the minimum specs? I think old gen can run that no problem.

I think it's just ridden with game breaking bugs. Too many to count.

AGRacing

Should it be going gold (again) if it is supposed to be on sale in stores in a month?

We are just waiting for the Day 1 patch to go "Gold".... I dont believe the printed discs are changing code from the original gold announcement.

The disc copy of this game without any patches should be hilarious to play.

• LOL
Reactions: KO7
So much assumption in this thread.

Suggestions of mismanagement, company being a joke etc. These same accusers would want CDPR's head if the game came out and was broken.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
As much as I want it now, I hope they can take enough time to deliver a flawless game. This game is bearing too much anticipation to flop..

luffie

Gamers can be insufferable. We want the game you are making now.....don't force your employees to work overtime.....but give me the game, I demand it.
..... and then send death threats! Seriously, it's because they lump everyone as "gamers", when it could include 10 year old boys spouting nonsense and equate it with the working adults who are also gaming.

Alienware

It does not make sense it being a performance mess really. Remember the minimum specs? I think old gen can run that no problem.

I think it's just ridden with game breaking bugs. Too many to count.

So, just to be clear, you're making an assumption based on absolutely nothing.
An hunch, so to speak.

PedanticJase

Neo Member

Invest in tin foil

Duchess

I feel for all those involved in the project. It must be sheer hell they're going through right now.

I think they should've launched on PC first and then the consoles 3 months later (and I say that as a PlayStation gamer). PS5 / Xbox upgrades could've then come another 3-6 months after that.

Top Bottom