• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[CESA] Japan 2022 - Digital vs Physical split | PS5: 35% digital / 65% physical - PS4: 50% digital / 50% physical - Switch: 23% digital / 77% physical

StereoVsn

Good on Japan and apparently Europe as well, although probably sans UK.

As others said, this is why MS is making a mistake, IMO, going all in on digital. Physical will stick around for at least another gen.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Good on Japan and apparently Europe as well, although probably sans UK.

As others said, this is why MS is making a mistake, IMO, going all in on digital. Physical will stick around for at least another gen.
I don't think MS cares. They've got nothing to lose, really. Xbox is most popular in the US and physical sales for Xbox haven't been high since the Xbone era.

StereoVsn

I don't think MS cares. They've got nothing to lose, really. Xbox is most popular in the US and physical sales for Xbox haven't been high since the Xbone era.
I wonder why…. It’s truly a puzzle why people are not buying games in Xbox as much in general.

Thing is by going all in on digital they are pretty much giving up on most Rest of the World. Although I think South America is a decent market for MS as well.

Top Bottom