• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cfx.re Joins Rockstar Games (A good Rockstar story)

Sybrix

This could end up being a really positive result for fans of Rockstar games, having these RP modes officially implemented into future Rockstar games is pretty cool.

If this leads to more Red Dead Online content then it can only be a good thing.

Last edited:

Hugare

This is cool.

Never dipped my toes into RP, but from what I've heard it has a huge community. Many of my friends love watching RP content.

Seems kinda late into GTA VI development to do something meaningful with them, tho.

Maybe some time after launch they will patch in some RP stuff into Online

I don't think this is anything good news but I hope I'll be wrong.
The reason why I am skeptical is because there are other multiplayer clients such as alt:V and RageMP. Both those clients are good in their own ways. FiveM has many flaws but also positive things.
With Cfx.re partnering up with Rockstar, what will happen to the other clients? Will they remain as is or will they try to kill them with cease and desists?

Yes, this is most likely for GTA 6, no doubt. But, will they try to apply such significant changes for GTAV too? I doubt it but you never know.

Was only a matter of time. RP has gotten too big for R* not to take notice and bring them in, Wouldn't be surprised if this adds more time to GTA 6 being cooked.

nani17

are in a big trouble
I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Does this mean the next version for GTA6 won't happen? I don't see them allowing all the content that goes on in fivem

Last edited by a moderator:

YCoCg

Remember when Rockstar and Take-Two sued them in 2015 by lying trying to push the narrative that FiveM helped people pirate GTAV and helped people cheat in GTAO? Fun times, I hope these guys got paid.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
2023:
"Over the past few years, we've watched with excitement as Rockstar’s creative community have found new ways to expand the possibilities of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption 2, particularly through the creation of dedicated roleplay servers"

2015:
"Things are getting out of hand with GTA V’s mod, FiveM. FiveM started as a fan multiplayer mod for GTA V that received a C&D letter from Take-Two. And yesterday, NTAuthority claimed that some Private Investigators from Take-Two went to his home, forcing him to completely shut down his project." - https://www.dsogaming.com/news/gta-...igators-forcing-him-to-shut-down-his-project/

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

Thabass

Other than the obvious "we want to make money from this", I wonder if how they plan to use it in future GTA games. Hell, it'd be nice to see it being introduced into other games like RDR or future new IPs (if they ever make them).

Spyxos

Gold Member

michael torpey crying GIF by paidoff

Too bad about the rp modes, I never really played them myself, but heard a lot of positive things from friends. I can hardly imagine that under Rockstar it can somehow develop positively.

Last edited:
I'm thinking this deal took place months ago or more than a year or two ago.

I'm certain that Rockstar will be expanding their multiplayer features in GTA 6 ever since witnessing GTA RP's success years ago.

HL3.exe

This is great! Finally a smart move my R* in a while.

Just last year I thought about how interesting RP in GTA and RDR works. Especially compared to the bog standard boring linear structure GTA Online missions brings.

Rockstar games usually have interesting simulated systems just ripe for emergent gameplay, and then never actually utilizing it in there mission structure/design.

Top Bottom