• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Character in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door will be trans, fake Nintendo developer confirms

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I never played the original, and this thread has some contradicting opinions.
One thing I can almost safely assume though: this is one of those “damned if you do, damned if you don’t“ situations for Nintendo.
Sounds like some people will twist this in any conceivable way to stir some shit.

Cyberpunkd

Is there an openly gay or lesbian character in Nintendo game already? Because if not it's really hypocritical to talk so much about equality, yet when it comes to queer representation you ignore those that are much more numerous.

BlackTron

If this was actually a sign that anyone gives a shit about more accurate translations it would be great.

But we know what it really is.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Wasnt the character always trans? Always thought that was the case it was just kept hush hush at the time because it was the early 00s and Nintendo.

FeralEcho

438101467_18424564645014125_8752775447749012461_n.jpg
The hilarity of calling somebody a snowflake while writting an angry wall of text expressing your dissagreement to a 7 word comment is astonishing 😂😂😂 These people are so mentally retarded they don't even realise how fucking stupid they are.

They made the same number of billions as his mental age although even that might be an overestimation as I have seen 12 year olds more mature than this worthless sack of shit.

GymWolf

I'll never understand the need to define a videogame character sexual traits, specially in a Nintendo game that's mostly aimed at children.

What I do seem to get is that some people need representation in videogames to feel validated or whatever, which to me sounds like insecurity and probably some kind of other mental issue.
You don't cut yourself every time a videogame character is not straight and spanish?

Last edited:

Sethbacca

I'll never understand the need to define a videogame character sexual traits, specially in a Nintendo game that's mostly aimed at children.
The average gamer is in their mid 30s. Maybe parents just need to parent their children and monitor what they're playing. I'd wager outside Pokemon the average child doesn't play RPGs anyway and this is aimed at teens to adults. The "won't someone think about the children" nonsense is the oldest play in the book and should be ignored.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
You don't cut yourself every time a videogame character is not straight and spanish?
lmao, no, but I have a good laugh whenever they have us speaking with a mexican accent like in RE4 or portrayed as bullfighters.

Video Game GIF by CAPCOM

In fact, Capcom fixed the accent for the remake and now the Ganados speak with spanish accent, which I guess was the right thing to do but honestly I missed the mexico vibe from the original. :goog_relieved:

The average gamer is in their mid 30s. Maybe parents just need to parent their children and monitor what they're playing. I'd wager outside Pokemon the average child doesn't play RPGs anyway and this is aimed at teens to adults. The "won't someone think about the children" nonsense is the oldest play in the book and should be ignored.
I still don't care if a ghost has a peepee or a vagina and still don't understand why anyone should care, which was the point I was trying to make.

Ofc parents should watch what their children play. But that said, I doubt most parents have the time and energy to do so, and if a game is rated "E for Everyone" I wouldn't expect it to contain anything related to sex or gender.

GymWolf

lmao, no, but I have a good laugh whenever they have us speaking with a mexican accent like in RE4 or portrayed as bullfighters.

Video Game GIF by CAPCOM

In fact, Capcom fixed the accent for the remake and now the Ganados speak with spanish accent, which I guess was the right thing to do but honestly I missed the mexico vibe from the original. :goog_relieved:

I still don't care if a ghost has a peepee or a vagina and still don't understand why anyone should care, which was the point I was trying to make.

Ofc parents should watch what their children play. But that said, I doubt most parents have the time and energy to do so, and if a game is rated "E for Everyone" I wouldn't expect it to contain anything related to sex or gender.
The rise of topuria probably didn't helped with the matador stereotype thing uh?

images

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
The rise of topuria probably didn't helped with the matador stereotype thing uh?

images
oh, didn't know we have a guy doing good in UFC.

Cool for him! But yeah as someone who kinda despises bullfighting I think he could have chosen a different nickname. :goog_relieved:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom