• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlize Theron Would ‘Love to’ Do a Prequel to ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’

Effect

Nah don't need a full prequel. Flashbacks would be just fine in a sequel. Like all Mad Max films I really want to see the fallout of the events that take place in regard to the people we followed and locations we visited. Yet we never see it.

firelogic

I posted my thoughts in another topic.

I'd rather a sequel to Fury Road that follows Furiosa and how she handles leading her new people as well as battles with the other broken factions who also have new leaders stepping up. It would also be interesting if Furiosa discovers that she's slowly turning into another Immortan Joe because she realizes what he did was out of necessity in order to ensure the survival of his people in this stark environment and she's making the same decisions despite hating her life under his regime.

A prequel seems unnecessary because I think we know all we need to know about her past. I don't think it's vital that we're shown her childhood, how she became Imperator, or how she lost her arm. Leaving the details to the imagination is better imo since we had glimpses of her past in Fury Road.

Mohonky

The biggest problem with Mad Max Fury Road was Mad Max.

It should have just been Fury Road and left the whole Mad Max part out, just implied it was in the Mad Max universe. I'd watch a Furiosa prequel or sequel. But if they do another Mad Max, at least make it about Mad Max and get rid of Tom Hardy; Max's entire character felt so forced in there and there was nothing Mad Max about him.

She plays a Brit in Atomic Blonde?!

giphy.gif

And the very villain Immortan Joe was the villain from the original Mad Max film. Miller gives no fucks.
Same actor, not same villain.

Steejee

I'd prefer a sequel over a prequel to track the fallout of what happened, but that really wouldn't be a Mad Max film unless Max somehow ends up getting roped in with some other party that eventually interacts with Furiosa again (like perhaps she is corrupted by her new role and someone else takes her down).

That being said, I don't think any -quel with her would make sense for Mad Max. In the end it's basically a series about a wandering reluctant hero and how he eventually helps a group that he didn't want to be involved with. In a way Max is never truly the main character, he's just a passer-by that stories would be told of years later, a ghost and legend. The people he helps are the core of the story. Please, *please* make a 5th, but keep doing what the others did and take him somewhere new.

Solo

It should have just been Fury Road and left the whole Mad Max part out, just implied it was in the Mad Max universe. I'd watch a Furiosa prequel or sequel. But if they do another Mad Max, at least make it about Mad Max and get rid of Tom Hardy; Max's entire character felt so forced in there and there was nothing Mad Max about him.

That is part of the genius of Fury Road. No one walked into it thinking they were about to witness this amazing feminist action movie with Max in a supporting role.

Falchion

A Furiosa focused film is the dream, that would be so badass. Also no way she's not coming back for the next Furious movie, she was so good in Fate.

Mad max has always just been an audience vessel to tell someone else's story.(with the exception of the first one) Theres never any continuity.

So no prequals or direct sequels for me.

Top Bottom