• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fxp

If you use the code "GAMESWEEK" it gives you a 3€ discount, so it's 28,96€ for Spain (I don't know the shipping cost, but if it's 3,80€ then the final Price would be 32,76€).

Amazon says that GAMESWEEK code has expired :(

Orgen

Amazon says that GAMESWEEK code has expired :(

Have you used it before? (it's one code per item per account). Mmmmm I used it this last Friday and it did work (I was said it'd work for a whole week). Moreover, the gamesweek (spanish videogames expo) is still running this weekend in Madrid.

Sorry if it's not valid, I thought it would still work :(

Fxp

Have you used it before? (it's one code per item per account). Mmmmm I used it this last Friday and it did work (I was said it'd work for a whole week). Moreover, the gamesweek (spanish videogames expo) is still running this weekend in Madrid.

Sorry if it's not valid, I thought it would still work :(

Nope, this is the first time I tried to use it. Guess it's expired.

Recall

I just bought Borderlands Pre-Sequel (new) from my local Tesco on PS3 for £32. They gave me Borderlands 1 and 2 disc bundle (also new and sealed) for free.

Got all 3 borderlands game for £32. Not too bad.

Sakujou

Banned
I just bought Borderlands Pre-Sequel (new) from my local Tesco on PS3 for £32. They gave me Borderlands 1 and 2 disc bundle (also new and sealed) for free.

Sounds like the best bundle of the forever. Unlikely that this is done by everyone....

jimi_dini

AssCreed 3 (Wii U) - 8pounds
AssCreed 4 (Wii U) - 13pounds
Just Dance Kids 2014 (Wii U) - 10pounds
Mass Effect 3 Special Edition (Wii U) - 10pounds

@ zavvi

AssCreed 3 is on clearance. I'm quite sure that it won't go lower. AssCreed 4 is on clearance as well. Not sure. Maybe it will drop a bit. Maybe not. It's a gamble.
Both are not available from TGC anymore (AssCreed 4 is, but used copies only). Amazon UK doesn't sell AC3 anymore only via 3rd party sellers. AC4 is 19pounds atm.

Rabbids Land 3DS? I bought it for $7 during the eShop Ubisale. Game is crap.

No, for Wii U. Lots of gamepad games included. The Classic Game Room footage that I saw looked fun.

Yeah it's a pretty good deal. I was almost tempted but I'd only be selling the double pack and I have little interest in playing on my PS3/playing the new BL game :(

Beyond: Two bombas (PS3) - 10pounds
@ zavvi

To buy, or not to buy, that is the question

I guess it has some worth at that price, but I didn't really enjoy it. Really disappointing after Heavy Rain.

I have a question. Why are PlayStation 4 games cost more than PlayStation 3 games? They are identical game. It is not like the PlayStation 4 version has something extra that PlayStation 3 does not have. The only difference between the two is that PlayStation 4 version displays at higher resolution and runs at higher frame rate.

The Evil Within cost about £45 on PlayStation 4 version and about £35 on PlayStation 3 version. Why?

And I also noticed the Xbox One/Xbox 360 version are priced similar but they are noticeably a little bit cheaper than the PlayStation 4/3 versions. Why is that?

To buy, or not to buy, that is the question

I got it for that price from Amazon UK a while ago. Probably not going to get a whole lot cheaper.

I guess it has some worth at that price, but I didn't really enjoy it. Really disappointing after Heavy Rain.

... but maybe I shouldn't have, because I already thought Heavy Rain was disappointing. :) (Haven't touched B:TS yet.)

In what way did it disappoint you vis-à-vis Heavy Rain?

Azuardo

If you know what you're getting into with Beyond, it's not bad.

Great level of acting, but the choices have fuck all consequence throughout the story. Some of the story segments are rubbish, some are good. A lot of cliched crap in there. Bit difficult to always know which way to make Jodie move during the brief slo-mo sections when she's being attacked, but I think it's also impossible to fail even if you get them wrong. I enjoyed it more than I disliked it, but I doubt I'd ever go back to it.

In what way did it disappoint you vis-à-vis Heavy Rain?
It fixes almost every problem HR had on the surface, while forgetting a lot of things HR did get right. So it's a bit problematic in its own way and entirely subjective how you will react to it. Never seen such a divisive AAA game tbh.
Personally I loved it, but it has flaws no doubt. Not for everyone applies strongly here.

Famassu

I have a question. Why are PlayStation 4 games cost more than PlayStation 3 games? They are identical game. It is not like the PlayStation 4 version has something extra that PlayStation 3 does not have. The only difference between the two is that PlayStation 4 version displays at higher resolution and runs at higher frame rate.

The Evil Within cost about £45 on PlayStation 4 version and about £35 on PlayStation 3 version. Why?

And I also noticed the Xbox One/Xbox 360 version are priced similar but they are noticeably a little bit cheaper than the PlayStation 4/3 versions. Why is that?
Games area always more expensive (and they drop much slower) during the first 1-2 years of the generation. PS3 games were noticeably more expensive day 1 in the beginning of its generation than they are today and it took forever for the prices to drop. It's just the way it is. It probably has to do with a few things, from the install base being small (so if publishers want to have any chance of making any money on games on new consoles, they need to sell them at a premium because it's simply impossible for a game to sell several million copies when there are no more than 1-2 million consoles sold) to there being less competition so they CAN ask a bit more and most people will still buy the games because there isn't anything cheaper around.

Zafir

I thought it was decent. Not as good as Heavy Rain, but still enjoyable. I think the way they told the story was what let me down. I realise if they told it chronologically, they'd have the same issue as HR had with it having a very slow start. However, I just don't feel like it benefited.

flohen95

GermanGAF: Didn't see it noted here though it's been running since Monday last week, but Müller offers 20% off for videogames, in their shops and online until the 24th. They only ship to Germany, Switzerland and Austria, though, and I don't know how much they take for shipping.

On the plus side, since the games are identical, you can just buy the cheaper PS3 version and be totally happy, so this isn't really a problem for you.

Does anyone here that frequently or used to preorder stuff from nin-nin games? Just want to ask something. Last week I preordered stuff that will be released next year from the site. Before I put down the order I read the FAQ first where it said
Moreover, your card is only charged at the time your order is dispatched
But when I successfully preordered the item that I want, somehow they fully charged my debit card. Is it because I picked Amazon France as the shipping option, or it just a mistake from their side? Tried to contact them twice using http://www.nin-nin-game.com/fr/contact-us no reply yet.

Zafir

Does anyone here that frequently or used to preorder stuff from nin-nin games? Just want to ask something. Last week I preordered stuff that will be released next year from the site. Before I put down the order I read the FAQ first where it said

But when I successfully preordered the item that I want, somehow they fully charged my debit card. Is it because I picked Amazon France as the shipping option, or it just a mistake from their side? Tried to contact them twice using http://www.nin-nin-game.com/fr/contact-us no reply yet.
I used them to get the Vita TV last year and they took the money when I ordered. I used paypal though.

I used them to get the Vita TV last year and they took the money when I ordered. I used paypal though.

That's true for paypal, as stated in the FAQ "- Paypal:
Reference Currency: Japanese YEN. Payment is charged directly at the time of order on your Paypal account." Thanks for the reply anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom