• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azuardo

Aliens vs Predator free on GOG till Friday

Available until Friday, the classic FPS is also a way for GOG to test their Galaxy multiplayer client. In a press release, GOG VP of online tech wrote, "We're ready to take in more gamers, and AvP seemed like a natural choice: it's high up on our community wishlist, and it's definitely one of the all-time best FPS titles. It also allows for testing Galaxy in a more dynamic environment."

The press release notes that "Galaxy testers will soon be able to play AvP with their Steam friends using GOG Galaxy's cross-play feature, as the game is scheduled to receive a dedicated cross-compatibility update on Steam."
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/get-aliens-vs-predator-free-from-gog-for-a-limited/1100-6422983/

Hasney

yes, but if I buy the PS3 digital version then I'm hoping the disk is no longer required

It won't work. The cross-buy thing stopped working for BF4 standard a while ago, while it still does work for Premium. The only thing you'd be able to do with BF4 without the disc there is play on PS3.

goonergaz

It won't work. The cross-buy thing stopped working for BF4 standard a while ago, while it still does work for Premium. The only thing you'd be able to do with BF4 without the disc there is play on PS3.

That's a shame, I was hopeful that as I'd already 'upgraded' it would work - ho hum :(

Got Theathrytm from TGC in a week, thanks for the tip foobarry.

Don't mention it, now enjoy the hell out of it. ;-)

Thought this was a fairly nice deal too:

Chibi Robo: Park Patrol(NDS) for CAD$9.99 (~€7/£5.5) at VGP.
Shipping to Europe is CAD$7.49 (~€5/£4). So ~€12/£9.5 total)

North American copy, but the DS is region free. Also the game was never released in Europe (allthough Australia got it).

Just browsing through hotukdeals and Tesco are doing Watch Dogs-DedSec edition (PS4) for only 40 of our Great British Pounds.

YQGbHW2.jpg

Seems fairly reasonable as other sites have it up for at least £50, and there are codes (like TDX-HQ9T for new customers) floating around that could net another £5 off the price.

HAVE AT YEA GAFFERS!

flowsnake

Just in case this interests anyone, I see that you can order GCW Zero from Gameseek for £99.99 (but not yet in stock). Before that the only European site selling it was a German site that seemed to be a bit dodgy and was selling it for €150.

I haven't used Gameseek for like 10 years but it sounds like they're alright?

Edit: A £6.99 shipping cost to the UK? Sure...

jimi_dini

Zombi U - 6pounds @ TGC (today only)

folks, get this game. It's damn good. Anyone who loved the original Resident Evil games or the difficulty of Dark Souls, GET IT NOW.

and btw. Nintendo replied about that Australian Wonderful 101 copy from games365.co.uk. They told me that it's an Australian copy (well duh) and that the code doesn't work because of that and that they can't do anything about it. I contacted games365.co.uk and told them that I want a working European Club Nintendo code, otherwise I would return the game for a full refund. I'm so sick of that.

and btw. Nintendo replied about that Australian Wonderful 101 copy from games365.co.uk. They told me that it's an Australian copy (well duh) and that the code doesn't work because of that and that they can't do anything about it. I contacted games365.co.uk and told them that I want a working European Club Nintendo code, otherwise I would return the game for a full refund. I'm so sick of that.

I thought they gave you a code for your Australian copy of Go Vacation?

jonno394

Apologies if this is already common knowledge but just saw an ad in metro by tesco.

Buy borderlands the pre-sequel for £32 and get the borderlands collection free. Available instore and online.

Betty

Banned
Wii U Basic Console + Nintendo Land + Super Smash Bros Wii U - £179.99

Does anyone see this deal being bettered any time soon? It's a pre-order which kinda sucks because I want to play Bayonetta 2 sooner, but it seems like the best deal so far.
Is there likely to be something better on the horizon?

According to Savygamer, you can get the price down to 161 by (opening a new account and) applying the coupon code WELCOME.

Yeah I forget to add that.

Minamu

Zavvi has two seemingly identical versions of infamous second son, 28£ and 40£. I can't tell the difference :/

yaffi

Was it held up by customs, or has it been in limbo at some postal services warehouse for all this time?

I have no idea what exactly happened. Maybe the ship was ultra slow or something. Stamp on the package says it went through customs on the 14th of October.

Anyway, I didn't complain since I knew it would arrive (99% sure).

NateDog

Anyone know of somewhere good to buy from Australia in the UK? Thinking about treating myself to a New 3DS.

EDIT: Found http://mightyape.com.au that will do a new XL for about £140 shipped. Anyone used them before?

The guys in this thread seem to think it's good, but it will probably be more than £140 shipped as it seems they have to change shipping options to Europe for the N3DS. I'm thinking of getting it too, it's either that or a WiiU for my GF for Christmas but I think she wants a 3DS more and it's cheaper anyway. An Aussie store (can't remember if it's this one, think it's OZ Game Shop or something) said their UK site (365games) will probably have some N3DS' listed in the coming weeks, that's their plan anyway. I'm not sure whether to wait but I don't have the money anyway yet so I'll see. AUS price seems good though even with extra delivery charge but I'm worried about getting destroyed by customs.

Hasney

The guys in this thread seem to think it's good, but it will probably be more than £140 shipped as it seems they have to change shipping options to Europe for the N3DS. I'm thinking of getting it too, it's either that or a WiiU for my GF for Christmas but I think she wants a 3DS more and it's cheaper anyway. An Aussie store (can't remember if it's this one, think it's OZ Game Shop or something) said their UK site (365games) will probably have some N3DS' listed in the coming weeks, that's their plan anyway. I'm not sure whether to wait but I don't have the money anyway yet so I'll see. AUS price seems good though even with extra delivery charge but I'm worried about getting destroyed by customs.

That MightyApe is £141 in total including shipping when you change it to UK, which is nice. They do gift wrapping so I'm going to add that for $4AUS, then ask them to mark it as a gift so it should slide through customs.

I'll wait for a little bit anyway, see if 365 do get any and then take my pick in a week or so when I get paid. Was tempted by the pretty Smash New LL in Japan, but this will be a lot easier.

Zafir

That MightyApe is £141 in total including shipping when you change it to UK, which is nice. They do gift wrapping so I'm going to add that for $4AUS, then ask them to mark it as a gift so it should slide through customs.

I'll wait for a little bit anyway, see if 365 do get any and then take my pick in a week or so when I get paid. Was tempted by the pretty Smash New LL in Japan, but this will be a lot easier.
They'd still have to mark it down even if it was put as a gift. The limit for gifts is £36. Not to mention they ignore the gift declaration if the address it was from was a company and not just an individual and use the normal £15 limit for the item.

Oh and you may be subject to other custom charges besides the normal vat and admin fee since its over £135.

Hasney

They'd still have to mark it down even if it was put as a gift. The limit for gifts is £36. Not to mention they ignore the gift declaration if the address it was from was a company and not just an individual and use the normal £15 limit for the item.

Oh and you may be subject to other custom charges besides the normal vat and admin fee since its over £135.

Fair enough. I've calculated it it and it should be no more than £40 including Royal Mails cut, so it should be fine.

oldmario

If anyone is interested, you can get a free code for Fat Princess on PS3 by playing Fat Princess Piece of Cake on ios and Android, you have to beat the first 15 levels, but you need to have a facebook account to get the code for some dumb reason

Betty

Banned
So what are the chances the Bayonetta 1 + 2 double pack will either shoot up in price between now and x-mas or be gone altogether?

Because if either of those are likely I might purchase it now for when I eventually get a Wii U.

EDIT: Nevermind, pre-ordered just in case.

Is that relevant when there's "Versand durch Amazon"?

Apparently it is. When I opened the link earlier today the default 3rd party seller had "Versand durch Amazon" but then also that message in red "wurde leider nicht versandt nach Belgien".

So I'm assuming some of those 3rd party sellers can still have their wares shipped to a restricted selection of destinations?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-...?pt=PC_Viedeospielzubehör&hash=item46245713ea

€50 on the Nintendo eShop for just €189!

Seriously though, I'm confused as hell. Especially because it says 93 have been sold already. Can someone explain?
Maybe they did sell it at an interesting price, and the counter is kept even if the price is changed.

As for why it's so expensive, my best guess is a bot is managing the store's price and sometimes due to various reasons it puts an outrageous price on an item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom