• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesu

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-...?pt=PC_Viedeospielzubehör&hash=item46245713ea

€50 on the Nintendo eShop for just €189!

Seriously though, I'm confused as hell. Especially because it says 93 have been sold already. Can someone explain?

Once they have sold out they bump the price up so no one buys them, then when they get more in they can sell them again without having to pay listing fees.
I think :)

edit - although looking at the 93 already sold, some have been sold for more than 50 euros.No idea what is going on there.

jimi_dini

edit - although looking at the 93 already sold, some have been sold for more than 50 euros.No idea what is going on there.

Exclusive video of those buyers
vPCuSnb.gif

jts

...hate me...
Hm. I see that it looks like he sold a bunch of them slightly undercut, and when his "sold" numbers were significant, started messing up with the price, testing how dumb can buyers be... apparently, a lot!

weltall shopto have it available at 12.85 till 5pm! go get it :D

Damn, it seems to still be on, and even with shipping it's a grat price, but their site is not allowing me to log in, create an account or reset my password! Logging in does nothing (no error, just no acknowledgement), ANY email (even random 30 char strings) says that the email is already registered, while resetting password says the account is not registered (even though I'm sure it is). This on Chrome, Firefox AND Internet Explorer. Anyone else having these problems? It's driving me crazy!

Edit: Finally managed to, using my GF's Facebook (I don't have FB). Apparently FB login is the only one that works.

Sakujou

Banned
Apparently it is. When I opened the link earlier today the default 3rd party seller had "Versand durch Amazon" but then also that message in red "wurde leider nicht versandt nach Belgien".

So I'm assuming some of those 3rd party sellers can still have their wares shipped to a restricted selection of destinations?

man this sucks. have you tried the other sellers?

i thought if they dispatch it via amazon, they also will send it as amazon to other countries.

Althoran

Does anyone know where I can get the cheapest Euro psn cards?
I don't see them much cheaper than € 47 for a € 50 psn card.
Was hoping someone could find it cheaper.

Afaik there is no such thing as a "Euro PSN card". You can't use a UK PSN voucher in the German PlayStation Store.

kadotsu

Banned
Saturn Germany is running a 3 for €49 for choice games, which after filtering out stuff that's too cheap/shit leaves us with:

Diablo 3 (PC)
Diablo 3 RoS (PC)
Dark Souls 2 (PC)
PvZ: Garden Warfare (XB1)

Afaik there is no such thing as a "Euro PSN card". You can't use a UK PSN voucher in the German PlayStation Store.

Foobarry's right. You need to buy a code SPECIFICALLY for the country you want. EG: an Irish code for the Irish store, a UK Code for the UK store, a German Code for the German store.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Is the current 'buy £50 PSN credit with paypal, get a £10 voucher' UK only, or is it across Europe? If it is europe then that would be a good way to lower the effective cost?

Ark

Is the current 'buy £50 PSN credit with paypal, get a £10 voucher' UK only, or is it across Europe? If it is europe then that would be a good way to lower the effective cost?

How long does the deal last for? I might jump on it to pick up Bloodborne since it's bascially £50 everywhere at the moment anyway.

JonCha

Xbox Ones are going on Craigslist for £200 (!), £240 and even £300 with a bunch of games. Do people advise avoiding these deals? They seem way to good to be true. I've sent a couple of the people e-mails to see if I can get more information as compared to eBay, where they're generally £300+, the prices seem weird to me.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Xbox Ones are going on Craigslist for £200 (!), £240 and even £300 with a bunch of games. Do people advise avoiding these deals? They seem way to good to be true. I've send a couple of the people e-mails to see if I can get more information as compared to eBay, where they're generally £300+, the prices seem weird to me.

Not exactly that great, outlets are doing deals on xboxs for just £30 more at £300

decent deal at £200 mind

JonCha

Not exactly that great, outlets are doing deals on xboxs for just £30 more at £300

decent deal at £200 mind

Yeah ...

The guy selling a One at £200 (with FIFa 15) is included a years warranty so that's a bonus. He's also included a picture of the Xbox and all the usual accessories and Kinect. Just seems to good to be true, but if there's a year's warranty do I have anything to lose really?

Yeah ...

The guy selling a One at £200 (with FIFa 15) is included a years warranty so that's a bonus. He's also included a picture of the Xbox and all the usual accessories and Kinect. Just seems to good to be true, but if there's a year's warranty do I have anything to lose really?

He might kill you

sam777

Yeah ...

Your life.

Smithy C

Is cdkeys.com a reputable site? They've got Diablo 3 and its expansion on there for cheaper than Blizzard's site, but yeah, I've never used it before.

coughlanio

Xbox Ones are going on Craigslist for £200 (!), £240 and even £300 with a bunch of games. Do people advise avoiding these deals? They seem way to good to be true. I've sent a couple of the people e-mails to see if I can get more information as compared to eBay, where they're generally £300+, the prices seem weird to me.

I got a brand new Kinect bundle here in Ireland from a Craigslist-like site during the week for €350 (£277) so there's definitely deals to be had. I'd be a bit skeptical about buying used hardware on a site like that though, with the systems nearly out of warranty, it's not worth the risk of being sold a defective unit.

Addnan

Is cdkeys.com a reputable site? They've got Diablo 3 and its expansion on there for cheaper than Blizzard's site, but yeah, I've never used it before.
I've never had any issues with them, got RoS from them too. The key reseller sites are not really discussed on here but never had an issue.

Got an xbox on the tesco £305 price glitch with alien and evil within now just need to pick up any essential games I've missed

Any of the big ones on good offers?

JonCha

I got a brand new Kinect bundle here in Ireland from a Craigslist-like site during the week for €350 (£277) so there's definitely deals to be had. I'd be a bit skeptical about buying used hardware on a site like that though, with the systems nearly out of warranty, it's not worth the risk of being sold a defective unit.

Yeah this is pretty much my thought process. He said he couldn't post a picture of the warranty cause it wouldn't show up on the camera, which is a weird reason. If he had given me a picture of that I'd have been more tempted, but it's still used like you said.

I think if I go used I'll go through eBay because at least you have more protection there.

m0t0k1

Warriors 3 Orochi Hyper (Wii U) - 13pounds (people who love Hyrule Warriors may love this as well, I just bought it)
AssCreed 3 (Wii U) - 13pounds
AssCreed 4 (Wii U) - 13pounds

@ zavvi

hmmm i would have bought Assassins Creed 4 if i knew that a day earlier. Just but instead bought Rayman Legends yesterday so i need to complete that first until i buy 4. So hope it stays in the mega monday for the coming weeks. I have not played Hyrule Warriors still wanting to buy that. But Warrior Orochi 3 is still one of my favourite musou games. It does not have an adventure mode but there is still plenty to do. But Online is literately dead in that game. So if you want to play online you need to do it with a friend but works fine.

jts

...hate me...
A bit surprised to have find a copy of NSMBU in the bargain bin for €15, here in Finland of all places (a Wii Remote costs €70 here).

Shame that I already own it.

Also, Mario Tennis Open (3DS) and Batman Arkham something Wii U for €10 each, worth it?

jimi_dini

How are Zavvi? Very tempted with that bundle

In the last few years delivery is way faster. Takes around a week most of the time, sometimes 2 weeks. And in rare cases even more than that. For me personally they are reliable. I never had a missing package although I ordered hundreds of items from them.

And I never got a used item from them. I got used games from amazon.co.uk, thegamecollection + 365games.co.uk although I ordered "new".

So hope it stays in the mega monday for the coming weeks. I have not played Hyrule Warriors still wanting to buy that.

Hmm, better order it now. Some very good deals disappeared quite fast. In theory gamecollection could offer AssCreed for less, but I wouldn't bet on it.

But Warrior Orochi 3 is still one of my favourite musou games. It does not have an adventure mode but there is still plenty to do. But Online is literately dead in that game. So if you want to play online you need to do it with a friend but works fine.

I really love Hyrule Warriors (and wouldn't have expected it, I bought it just because I still found the Limited Edition some weeks before release on amazon.fr). For Online there is GAF and Miiverse, so I guess it won't be a problem. Even Splinter Cell Blacklist has still an online community on Wii U. Tiny, but it's there.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if I would ever trust zavvi with a purchase like a new system. But I'm from mainland Europe so eh.

A bit surprised to have find a copy of NSMBU in the bargain bin for €15, here in Finland of all places (a Wii Remote costs €70 here).

Also, Mario Tennis Open (3DS) and Batman Arkham something Wii U for €10 each, worth it?

Definitely, on both counts. Mario Tennis is great and Arkham City is my favourite of all the Arkham games.

Damn I'd love to own New Super Mario Bros U for that price :/

Lashley

In the last few years delivery is way faster. Takes around a week most of the time, sometimes 2 weeks. And in rare cases even more than that. For me personally they are reliable. I never had a missing package although I ordered hundreds of items from them.

And I never got a used item from them. I got used games from amazon.co.uk, thegamecollection + 365games.co.uk although I ordered "new".

Ideal. Just pre-ordered. Can always cancel if/when a better deal comes about.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Ah that's probably too early for me. Oh well. Thanks anyway :)

You don't have any limit on spending it. You have to top up with £50 (using paypal) by the end of October and they'll send you a code for £10 which has to be redeemed by end of November. But you can leave that balance on there.

I actually hit a problem because UK PSN apparently has a £120 balance limit. Now I have £115 and an exoecting 2x£10 vouchers soon. Should have time to buy LBP3 to clear space for it though.

Lashley

From my experiences you might either get it a day early or on the release date. Some people have reported getting items a few days late but I personally haven't had that happen to me.

Thats good to hear. Very excited for Smash Bros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom