• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesto

Banned
there is right now a sale on amazon.de (Cyber Monday Woche)

PS4+Farcry 4 for 394 Euro
Xbox One (1 TB CoD AW Bundle) for 444 Euro

Some Amazon UK Black Friday stuff (protip, change the category from all to videogames):
10:30 - Petz (3DS)
11:30 - Batman Arkham Origins (PS3,360,PC) Blackgate (3DS) (poor Wii U version)
12:30 - 3DS screen protectors (I really don't these are necessary at all on the touch screen, the biggest threat to the 3DS screen is the bottom half of the system scratching the top screen, add some longer rubber feet and that is solved...likely at the same cost as the protectors)
14:30 - Pokemon Typing (DS)
16:30 - SouthPark Stick of Truth Grandmaster WizardEdt (360, PS3)
Those are all UK times. Also others may appear in due course.

I hope Pokemon Typing is £5 to match Argos and people are buying it for the game; not the bluetooth keyboard
it'll be no to both
(more people need to be able to speed-type Conkeldurr, Darumaka etc)

Joni

Amazon has added some extra interesting Black Friday deals. There is a Xbox One bundle coming and the Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel Starter Pack. Personally I'm really interested in that one. I hope it is an amazing deal.

I'm already glad with my haul this year: The Office, Downtown Abbey, Men Behaving Badly, Dexter and Falling Skies.

AHA-Lambda

Getting increasingly tempted for a WiiU I admit, a Black Friday deal would push me over the edge; heck, it's possible the page shows an XB1 bundle for later today!

Hasney

Fuck, buying a New 3DS, Smash with GC adaptor, DK Amiibo and Persona Q this week. Then Amazons black Friday thingy and a possible Steam sale on Wednesday.... My wallet isn't just weeping, it's trying to find something to hang itself with.

Am I right in thinking the Disney Infinity bases and figures are the same for PS3 and PS4? So I could get the PS3 version with the Avengers figures and just buy a PS4 copy of the game later and they'd work with it?

Tumas77

Neo Member
Not good to hear, my subscription ends on Friday.

Batman Arkham Origins for most paltforms on sale in 15mins on Amazon UK Black Friday Deals

Hasney

Huh, interesting. I do plan in having a WiiU soon too, and isn't Infinity a free download on the WiiU? Or did I imagine that?

The original is, so your 2.0 characters wouldn't work, but if you picked up a couple of originals, it would be fine.

EDIT: Can also download 2.0 for free on PC and the specs to run the game are so low that an i3 could probably do it.

Windows Vista/7/8

2.20 GHz Dual-Core CPU

2 GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT 512 / ATI Radeon HD 4650 1 GB

16-bit DirectX® 9.0c-compatible sound card

With those specs, Intels built in GPU could run it.

mclem

Some Amazon UK Black Friday stuff (protip, change the category from all to videogames):
10:30 - Petz (3DS)
11:30 - Batman Arkham Origins (PS3,360,PC) Blackgate (3DS) (poor Wii U version)
12:30 - 3DS screen protectors (I really don't these are necessary at all on the touch screen, the biggest threat to the 3DS screen is the bottom half of the system scratching the top screen, add some longer rubber feet and that is solved...likely at the same cost as the protectors)
14:30 - Pokemon Typing (DS)
16:30 - SouthPark Stick of Truth Grandmaster WizardEdt (360, PS3)
Those are all UK times. Also others may appear in due course.

I hope Pokemon Typing is £5 to match Argos and people are buying it for the game; not the bluetooth keyboard
it'll be no to both
(more people need to be able to speed-type Conkeldurr, Darumaka etc)

There's also Disney Infinity at 18:30, and some sort of Xbox One bundle at 19:30. And while it's not Video games, I note Small World is up at 20:50.

Non videogamey, I'm awfully tempted by the complete M*A*S*H at 2:10.

Knight is about 6 months away. I'd definitely get Origins to play while you wait. It felt like an expansion pack to City but it's still a great game. That being said, play the other two first if you haven't already.

glaurung

Is it really not worth playing?
If you really, REALLY don't have anything better to play, £8 is probably a nice price.

But consider this: I watched someone play Origins up to the first boss fight, which was so fucking bad that the player dropped the game and has never gone back. And he and I apparently both loved Asylum and City.

Arkham Origins has probably the best story out of the Arkham games. It has a couple of annoying boss fights and doesn't run particularly great, though. I still enjoyed it quite a bit.

Pinewood

Origins has a great main story. It lacks the polish of City and Asylum but I'd definitely check it out if you can look past the somewhat empty and bland Gotham.

Looks like the X1 with CoD, Gold and two controllers will be part of Amazon's Black Friday week.

L185f1q.png

mclem

The original is, so your 2.0 characters wouldn't work, but if you picked up a couple of originals, it would be fine.

Can you buy standalone versions of the figurines that were bundled with 1.0, or were they only available in the starter packs?

Tumas77

Neo Member

repeater

Amazon.de are doing their own Black Friday ("Cyber Monday") thing.
Right now they're selling stuff like "Guitar Hero: World Tour" for the Wii (not unsuccessfully, I might add), but later there's stuff coming up like Xbox One consoles, Xbox One controllers, "Metro Redux" PS4/X1, "FIFA 15" PS4/X1, "Civ: Beyond Earth", "Alien: Isolation" PS4/X1 and "Titanfall Collector's Edition" X1/PC, so depending on how the prices turn out there might be something there for someone.

Right now they're selling stuff like "Guitar Hero: World Tour" for the Wii (not unsuccessfully, I might add), but later there's stuff coming up like Xbox One consoles, Xbox One controllers, "Metro Redux" PS4/X1, "FIFA 15" PS4/X1, "Civ: Beyond Earth", "Alien: Isolation" PS4/X1 and "Titanfall Collector's Edition" X1/PC, so depending on how the prices turn out there might be something there for someone.

Nothing interesting so far. Maybe Alien, but no PC version there. :/

oti

Banned

They often up the prices beforehand though. :| In my experience the Amazon Adventskalender has better deals. I once got a PS Vita for 150€ with two games on there. But I'll keep an eye on it.

Hasney

Can you buy standalone versions of the figurines that were bundled with 1.0, or were they only available in the starter packs?

I'm not sure. Argos seem to have all the figures that I know of in stock, so check there. Just not sure what was in the starter packs.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

damn I just bought that wake-up light for £80. On to customer services to get a refund..

theaface

Picked up Arkham Origins for PS3. Figured I can't go far wrong for £5.99. Very surprised that the 360 version was gone in seconds at £2 more, whilst the PS3 version was struggling to shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom