• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesu

Zavvi Z-Box £20

The themed monthly mystery box for fans of games, movies, cult TV, comic books and purveyors of all things popular culture. Each months box is strictly limited edition, with our launch box being limited to 1,000 only.

WHATS IN THE BOX?

Zbox will feature a wide range of products every month that tie in to the monthly theme. This month’s box theme is “Justice” and will include loads of great gear from your favourite Pop Culture justice seekers. Value of the loot will always be £45+, plus some lucky boxes will be up-scaled to include loot worth £100+!

God knows what's in the box or if it's even a bargain but I pre-ordered one anyway
http://www.zavvi.com/merch-clothing/zbox-december-justice/11043885.html

What's in the box will be shit they've had sitting in the warehouse for years which it's been entirely impossible to shift. You'll probably get four XXXXL Judge Dredd t-shirts.

jesu

What's in the box will be shit they've had sitting in the warehouse for years which it's been entirely impossible to shift. You'll probably get four XXXXL Judge Dredd t-shirts.

lol, it's only one t-shirt and I specified Large!
I'm saving it to open on Christmas day :)

lol, it's only one t-shirt and I specified Large!
I'm saving it to open on Christmas day :)

This is Zavvi, you might have to wait until Christmas Day 2015 ;)

It is actually pretty tempting in spite of knowing it'll probably be rubbish, especially since they've gotta make their launch box good, right? I'm sure if I'd wanted something that ends up in the box that badly I'd have bought it already, though, so if I haven't I can clearly live without it.

This is Zavvi, you might have to wait until Christmas Day 2015 ;)

It is actually pretty tempting in spite of knowing it'll probably be rubbish, especially since they've gotta make their launch box good, right? I'm sure if I'd wanted something that ends up in the box that badly I'd have bought it already, though, so if I haven't I can clearly live without it.

You still believe Zavvi cares about making a good first impression? :)

Volotaire

So it seems the cheapest place to get Smash with the Gamecube adapter is Zavvi at £44.20 with discount code WELCOME. Are there any better delas (which did not expire 1 month ago).

Hasney

Heh, I'm actually paying £6 extra on Amazon rather than Zavvi so I actually get it at least the weekend of the release date. Not seen too much cheaper though.

geordiemp

Game online UK

PS4 SLEEPING DOGS DEF LE (PlayStation 4) £24.64

PS4 METRO REDUX (PlayStation 4) £24.99

Not bad and better than the many 'more popular' online stores I frequent.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Anything good coming up for XBL or PS+? I have PS+ for another year so not urgent but would top it up if a good offer came along. My XBL runs out at Christmas so need an offer on that soon or I might let it lapse for a while (luckily they still sync game saves without gold unlike Sony)

Volotaire

Heh, I'm actually paying £6 extra on Amazon rather than Zavvi so I actually get it at least the weekend of the release date. Not seen too much cheaper though.

Could you slightly clarify on this? is this due to Zavvi's incompetence with supply, the number of pre-orders that have to be fulfilled before the last pre-order or due to a difference in the postage delivery times?

Hasney

Anything good coming up for XBL or PS+? I have PS+ for another year so not urgent but would top it up if a good offer came along. My XBL runs out at Christmas so need an offer on that soon or I might let it lapse for a while (luckily they still sync game saves without gold unlike Sony)

£34.90 with an extra 5% off if you like them on Face book at cdkeys

http://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/playstation-plus/playstation-plus-365-day-subscription

Other than that, nowt.

Could you slightly clarify on this? is this due to Zavvi's incompetence with supply, the number of pre-orders that have to be fulfilled before the last pre-order or due to a difference in the postage delivery times?

They've just never delivered any pre-order on time for me, had 2 5 days later and only Skyward Sword ever on time. Not sure on the reasons, but if you search Zavvi in this thread and the last one too, you'll see other people with the same issue.

LAM09

To be clear on this deal, it's £10 off anything £40 or over.

EDIT: Any ORDER of £40. They have Smash Bros Wii U for £38.95. Find something for about a quid and then used the code and have Smash for £30!

I wasn't aware it applied to all orders. Thanks for the update.

Edit: Any idea how long the code is valid for?

Hasney

Heads up Dutch GAF:

Smash Wii U (game only) 46 euro launch week price at Media Markt

WP_20141122_002.jpg

Pretty cheap I would say best launch price for game only in the netherlands as far as I can tell.

Ha, coincidentally I just ordered it before opening this thread.

What's the best price on Wonderful 101 (UK)? I've been waiting for it to hit £25 or lower for ages, but it's just not sold by many retailers.

It´s been £20 at GAME at some point (I believe last July). Currently CeX seem to sell it for £25.

But yeah... right now it seems like most stores don´t carry it anymore. Maybe Nintendo will do a Nintendo Selects rerelease at a budget price.

Siegmeyer

It´s been £20 at GAME at some point (I believe last July). Currently CeX seem to sell it for £25.

But yeah... right now it seems like most stores don´t carry it anymore. Maybe Nintendo will do a Nintendo Selects rerelease at a budget price.

Cheers. Surprised by the high CEX used price, may as well get it new for a few quid more from Amazon.

Zomba13

Grabbed that Punch Out Wii for £3. Always did want it but never got around to buying it. Wonder how well it runs in Dolphin or if I should just stick it in the Wii U.

TheMoon

That would require the game to have done well. TW101 has been out of print since this Spring. Good luck finding one for cheap.

Son Of D

Any chance we'll see some good Black Friday deals for Wii U bundles this week?

I wasn't even aware before today that we as a country have embraced Black Friday...

Chances are low. Most of Amazon's Black Friday stuff is stuff you rarely want with an occasional good deal.

It's a pre-order with no release date but Amazon has the Wii Party U + Nintendoland + Wii Remote Plus Basic Bundle with Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 for £209.99

I think we had pretty good deals last time.

Volotaire

There was that 3DSXL White with Mario kart/3D Land preinstalled for £120 last year IIRC. I remember, for the time, the offer being a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom