• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakujou

Banned
Cubic ninja.
I cant find a single copy in germany.

Went to 10 shops today, searched on ebay and on amazon.

Saw that the copies yesterday sold on ebay went out for 10euros. Today its not less than 30euros.

How many homebrew people are existing out there :(

Can gaf help me??

MisterM

Looking to buy GTA V PS4 today, does anyone have any decent deals that can tempt me away from plopping £45 down at a supermarket on the way home from work?

Thanks <3

Looking to buy GTA V PS4 today, does anyone have any decent deals that can tempt me away from plopping £45 down at a supermarket on the way home from work?

Thanks <3

From a quick look, Tesco have it the cheapest at £42 on their website. I would assume it's the same in store.

MisterM

misterM get FC4 instead.. havent heard too good about gtaV to be fair :(

Oh really? I was either going to go for FC4 or GTA V, what bad things have you heard?

(everything I've heard has been extremely positive)

Also, thanks, Trigger, I'll try in store Tesco, I don't want to go digital with this one.

Hasney

I'm only hearing really positive things about GTA V as well, unless the online servers are shagged that I've not heard about.

Un1J8vT.gif

Seems like both GTA V and FC4 are fine choices.

MisterM

Haha, amazing gif.

I figured I'll stick with FC4 on the PC (been having trouble with it crashing hence the temptation to ditch it and go PS4) and get GTA V on the way home.

I'm only hearing really positive things about GTA V as well, unless the online servers are shagged that I've not heard about.

Un1J8vT.gif

Holy shit, it's the closest thing to a real drive-by most of us will ever encounter!

I love that that's on Grove Street as well.

Mendrox

Un1J8vT.gif

This...this is perfect. I only got to play for 20 minutes yesterday cause my Dad wanted to play Destiny. :( But he thought the new first person mode is awesome.

zaphod79

So I'm trying to like the cdkeys.com 5% off via facebook but I get are errors.

Anyone have the code for me please :O

It looks to be broken - when I go to the page I get a broken window with a message that the certificate they are using has expired

app.statichtmlapp.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate expired on 18/11/2014 23:59. The current time is 19/11/2014 11:49. (Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

https://www.facebook.com/cdkeyscom/app_393344207416996

Thanks <3

Double Nectar points in Sainsbury's on entertainment starts today. So if you happen to have 4,000 points to spend, you could potentially get it for £22.99 in Sainsbury's. (Actual money spent of £2.99, the rest on Nectar.)

Smaller discounts for 1,000, 2,000 or 3,000, but still the cheapest you'll get it.

MisterM

Double Nectar points in Sainsbury's on entertainment starts today. So if you happen to have 4,000 points to spend, you could potentially get it for £22.99 in Sainsbury's. (Actual money spent of £2.99, the rest on Nectar.)

Smaller discounts for 1,000, 2,000 or 3,000, but still the cheapest you'll get it.

Thanks, I generally shop at Tesco though so I don't have any Nectar points. Clubcard boost got me CoD:AW on release day for £17 though so I was pretty happy about that

goonergaz

is that instore or online? how does it work...tempted to pick up something as I have ~£60 in nectar and Far Cry 4 is calling me!

edit - ok, just noticed the link a few posts up and reading up now...

edit 2 - go instore and swap points for voucher worth 10,20,30 or 40 - great, shame the mrs will no doubt want some of that...lol

It looks to be broken - when I go to the page I get a broken window with a message that the certificate they are using has expired

app.statichtmlapp.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate expired on 18/11/2014 23:59. The current time is 19/11/2014 11:49. (Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

https://www.facebook.com/cdkeyscom/app_393344207416996
Yeah thanks that is what I saw also :O
That is why I asked, to bad was looking forward to applying the extra 5% discount.

https://twitter.com/cdkeyscom/status/534995267796598785

Nice twitter to the rescue! :)

[edit] grrrr that code did not work well just asked them on twitter for a new one lets hope it works then

dan2026

Probably looking to get a PS4 this Christmas in the UK.

Are there any amazing deals out now, or should I hold off a little bit and see what turns up?

Hasney

Probably looking to get a PS4 this Christmas in the UK.

Are there any amazing deals out now, or should I hold off a little bit and see what turns up?

The last couple of years, the black Friday/Cyber Monday thing has started happening over here, which is next Thursday and then the Monday after respectively. Unless something amazing pops up, I'd wait until those at least just in case.

GAMEs stupid bundles are out of stock now it seems, although GTA V, Destiny and Last of Us for £369.99 isn't too bad.

dan2026

The last couple of years, the black Friday/Cyber Monday thing has started happening over here, which is next Thursday and then the Monday after respectively. Unless something amazing pops up, I'd wait until those at least just in case.

GAMEs stupid bundles are out of stock now it seems, although GTA V, Destiny and Last of Us for £369.99 isn't too bad.

Ok I think I'll wait for that. Thanks.

Any Wii U users know the best and cheapest option for an external hdd. I already have one but it doesn't have its own power supply which the Wii I doesn't seem to like.

Most are 1TB upwards but you wouldn't need much more than that surely. If anyone knows what's best hit me up.

Any Wii U users know the best and cheapest option for an external hdd. I already have one but it doesn't have its own power supply which the Wii I doesn't seem to like.

Most are 1TB upwards but you wouldn't need much more than that surely. If anyone knows what's best hit me up.
Not an owner of an external drive (I really need to get on with it).

Have you tried using a Y cable on the external then plug it into two USB ports with what you've got (second one for power can be a hub not connected to the Wii U). That would be the cheapest option

I find ones with AC power come with capacity way too large for the Wii U nowadays.

Labadal

I have a 15% voucher code for zavvi. It ends tomorrow and does not work on pre-orders or consoles. Ends tomorrow midnight.

I wasn't going to post it here, but I though I'd do it because I actually made this post to rant a bit and I thought the code could go in this post.

Been unlucky with a few pre-orders in a very short time now. Zavvi fucked up my Tales of Xillia 2 pre-order so I cancelled it and bought from rice digital instead. I had to pay a few pounds more, but I finally managed to get the Day One edition.

Decided to cancel all pre-orders I had with zavvi out of frustration. Cancelled Tales of Hearts R and wnet with WOW HD and now they fucked up my Tales of Hearts R order. Pre-ordered in August and now it says that I'll be lucky if I get the game shipped in 7-10 days. I have a feeling the pre-order will be cancelled or I will get a version without the pre-order costumes. I'm going to keep my order with WOW HD mainly because of the price.

Dragon Age: Inquisition releases this Friday, let's see if they mess up the shipping of that one.

All I want to do is play Tales on a handheld.

Decided to cancel all pre-orders I had with zavvi out of frustration. Cancelled Tales of Hearts R and wnet with WOW HD and now they fucked up my Tales of Hearts R order. Pre-ordered in August and now it says that I'll be lucky if I get the game shipped in 7-10 days. I have a feeling the pre-order will be cancelled or I will get a version without the pre-order costumes. I'm going to keep my order with WOW HD mainly because of the price.

Don´t worry, WOWHD seem to do that with all preorders. I preordered Fantasy Life from them recently. On release day nothing happened. A few days later I got an email that my order got delayed. They must´ve thought that wasn´t obvious yet. And my order status went to "back order". As if they had just discovered that I had put in the order weeks before that or something. :)

In the end they sent it exactly 7 days after release and it arrived within the normal WOWHD time frame (which is about another week to here). It´s probably standard procedure.

So your Tales of Hearts R order will likely get shipped by the end of this week.

If there happens to be a problem with the preorder costumes I´d try to contact Namco about it. You still have your preorder email, right? And maybe even proof of payment too as WOWHD always charges right away iirc?

All I want to do is play Tales on a handheld.

If you own a 3DS there´s Tales of the Abyss too.

ozfunghi

So, i've seen these prices have gone up recently...

But in Bart Smit Belgium (Leuven) they sell this bundle for €199 in the store.
On ebay Italia, you can still find them for €179 though.

The Bart Smit deal is nation wide, and i've now seen the same price for the same bundle in Fnac & Dreamland.

http://www.bartsmit.com/nl-be/bsbe/games/wii-u/wii-u-plus-nintendo-land-plus-wii-party-u

http://www.nl.fnac.be/WIIU-BASIC-N-LAND-PARTYU-MIX/a6521799

http://webshop.dreamland.be/ecom/nl...Wii__U__DreamLand/Consoles__Wii__U__DreamLand

Labadal

Don´t worry, WOWHD seem to do that with all preorders. I preordered Fantasy Life from them recently. On release day nothing happened. A few days later I got an email that my order got delayed. They must´ve thought that wasn´t obvious yet. And my order status went to "back order". As if they had just discovered that I had put in the order weeks before that or something. :)

In the end they sent it exactly 7 days after release and it arrived within the normal WOWHD time frame (which is about another week to here). It´s probably standard procedure.

So your Tales of Hearts R order will likely get shipped by the end of this week.

If there happens to be a problem with the preorder costumes I´d try to contact Namco about it. You still have your preorder email, right? And maybe even proof of payment too as WOWHD always charges right away iirc?

If you own a 3DS there´s Tales of the Abyss too.

I do own Tales of the Abyss, but I was really hyped for Hearts R.

Yeah, I have all emails from them as they charge you right away.

I have used both shops several times but never had big issues like these before. (One game went missing from zavvi once, but I got a refund.)

Not an owner of an external drive (I really need to get on with it).

Have you tried using a Y cable on the external then plug it into two USB ports with what you've got (second one for power can be a hub not connected to the Wii U). That would be the cheapest option

I find ones with AC power come with capacity way too large for the Wii U nowadays.
I haven't got one, it's one of those things you think you've seen lying around but I can't find one in my drawer of messy cables.

I'm probably looking for one thats recommended from others just so nothing goes wrong, since these type of things always mess up for me and I wouldn't mind investing if it saved frustration.

Might just opt for one Nintendo recommend.

Orgen

I haven't got one, it's one of those things you think you've seen lying around but I can't find one in my drawer of messy cables.

I'm probably looking for one thats recommended from others just so nothing goes wrong, since these type of things always mess up for me and I wouldn't mind investing if it saved frustration.

Might just opt for one Nintendo recommend.

I'm eyeing some external hdd on Amazon. I want something cheap and not too huge and the only brands that has something like that are Bipra and Somnics.

Anyone knows anything about that brands?

Sakujou

Banned

hi i just wanted to tell you guys that in germany nearly every media markt and saturn does have plenty of first print editions for 65-70 euros.

when i searched a few shops a few days ago because of cubic ninjas i was baffled that tons of these special edition were sitting on the shelves.
i kinda got mad, because i was about to throw money out to get it but after the insane online prices i just got the special edition for 53euros.

so try to check retail, there should be plenty of them lying around.

i got one at amazon for 40 euros, its a 500gb toshiba 2,5'' one.

its neccessary that it has a y-cable, my usb 3.0 2,5'' switches off automatically after 5 minutes when i use it with my wii u :(

jts

...hate me...

Are these cheeky bastards really trying to charge me £2.95 to send a code over email?

They ship for free in the UK. Like actual physical packages.

My address is foreign so I get a charge to get a digital code. Because it's so expensive to send a long distance email.

I didn't go through with it and might just take my business directly to the eShop out of spite.

Azuardo

Are these cheeky bastards really trying to charge me £2.95 to send a code over email?

My address is foreign so I get a charge to get a digital code. Because it's so expensive to send a long distance email.

I didn't go through with it and might just take my business directly to the eShop out of spite.

One more reason to hate GAME.

Wow, that is ridiculous. :)

Why don´t you have them send this order to your cozy little cottage in Buckingham Palace though? ;-)

jts

...hate me...
One more reason to hate GAME.
I really wish there was alternatives when it comes to Nintendo download codes in EU :/

Did you try contacting them? Could actually be a bug.
I sent them a message, waiting on the reply.

Wow, that is ridiculous. :)

Why don´t you have them send this order to your cozy little cottage in Buckingham Palace though? ;-)

That's true but I don't know if they check my payment's method address (either credit card or paypal) and I can't be arsed to sign up for a new account only to find out that later.

Stopped using GAME after they ramped the price of my pre-order of the Bayonetta 1&2 Special Edition up to £50, instead of the original £40 the cashier quoted me when making the pre-order. Just strolled in to pick it up on release and BAM! 10 quid increase right there on the spot. Wouldn't leave before I got my pre-order deposit back in cash despite them wanting to give me it back in store credit, walked right out of there and went to Grainger games were they had a ton of them in stock for £40.

They also have massive inconsistencies between website, and store prices too.

sam777

Stopped using GAME after they ramped the price of my pre-order of the Bayonetta 1&2 Special Edition up to £50, instead of the original £40 the cashier quoted me when making the pre-order. Just strolled in to pick it up on release and BAM! 10 quid increase right there on the spot. Wouldn't leave before I got my pre-order deposit back in cash despite them wanting to give me it back in store credit, walked right out of there and went to Grainger games were they had a ton of them in stock for £40.

They also have massive inconsistencies between website, and store prices too.

Yeah GAME's instore prices are always higher than online.

Personally I always use Grainger games as there instore prices are the same as online and they price match the local Tesco, which comes in handy, as well as price matching CEX for trade ins.

Sakujou

Banned
Yeah GAME's instore prices are always higher than online.

Personally I always use Grainger games as there instore prices are the same as online and they price match the local Tesco, which comes in handy, as well as price matching CEX for trade ins.

game:after i got several games completely used and with stinky instruction booklets or leaflet, i dont want to use them anymore :(

in retail shops they offer the black or white ps4 with gta5 for 399&#8364;.
xbox1 with 4 games for 400&#8364; *click*

edit: the offer was this morning, will come up again tomorrow.

game:after i got several games completely used and with stinky instruction booklets or leaflet, i dont want to use them anymore :(

in retail shops they offer the black or white ps4 with gta5 for 399&#8364;.
xbox1 with 4 games for 400&#8364; *click*

edit: the offer was this morning, will come up again tomorrow.

They're fine for pre-orders,accessories and consoles though. Their "new" games for older releases can be hit and miss unfortunately -_-. Especially those with lower prices and high demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom