• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Fifa 15 is £40 on the tesco website, does anyone know if it's the same in store?

You can get it for £35 with a code, I think

TDX-HQ9T new accounts only, but just make a new one if you need to, they don't care

but I don't think its the same in the shop

I want to get the Fantasy Life DLC, but I don't like using my credit card and I'm too lazy to walk to tescos and get some eshop credit.

Has anyone used:

http://www.eshopcodes.co.uk/

Are they legit? Or if anyone has used a similar service that deals in eshop £, that'd be cool too

Hasney

Trumpets

lUCIFON said:
I'm guessing you don't own one? Almost everyone who's bought one thinks it's actually a nicer bit of kit. Me included. The old one actually feels 'old' to me now rather than slick. Don't judge from photos, they can be deceiving to how a device feels in the hands.

No but I've had a go on one, and I've been scrubbing my hands like Lady Macbeth ever since in an effort to remove the cheap plastic taint on them.

kirby2096

Got stung for £16 from Royal Mail from ordering a bunch of games off Play-Asia. Thought I'd use that $5 coupon I had for a small saving and it backfired badly :(

Got stung for £16 from Royal Mail from ordering a bunch of games off Play-Asia. Thought I'd use that $5 coupon I had for a small saving and it backfired badly :(
I found years ago with play-asia when ordering items where each item was below the customs limit, do separate orders as there is no shipping saving to be had (this was before free shipping) and getting stung is not fun.

Sakujou

Banned
You can actually ask play-Asia to send your order in small packages and write down a smaller value. I hate it when they tax me. They actually charge up to 25 percent :(

You can actually ask play-Asia to send your order in small packages and write down a smaller value. I hate it when they tax me. They actually charge up to 25 percent :(

They don't. They charge the normal VAT rate in your country. And then your mail handler charges you a fixed fee for declaring your package for you to customs.

Which in total could mount up to 25% or more. But it's not all taxes.

solarus

If there's any UK gaffer interested, I'm selling my Msi gtx 670 power edition OC 2GB GDDR5 for £100 it is boxed in perfect condition and has performance basically equivalent to a gtx 680 (you can check reviews and benchmarks). PM me if interested.

LoveCake

Today only £5 off Alien Isolation Ripley Edition with the code EGX5

HzPvukp.png

I had this on order but have just canceled & re ordered with the code i also pre-ordered the DLC with 20% off so the DLC is £15 in all.

Sakujou

Banned
They don't. They charge the normal VAT rate in your country. And then your mail handler charges you a fixed fee for declaring your package for you to customs.

Which in total could mount up to 25% or more. But it's not all taxes.
Yeah you are right but what I really dislike that they add tax on the total amount and not just on the product. This means they put vat even on the shipping fee which makes no sense in my eyes.
And of course the randomised taxing of your packages which seems like a raffle to me. If you are lucky you don't get taxed, if not your get fucked over.

Yeah you are right but what I really dislike that they add tax on the total amount and not just on the product. This means they put vat even on the shipping fee which makes no sense in my eyes.
And of course the randomised taxing of your packages which seems like a raffle to me. If you are lucky you don't get taxed, if not your get fucked over.

My best guess is this is to prevent tax loopholes. E.g. you could sell a product which would normally cost €50 + €5 shipping, for €5 and charge €50 for shipping and packaging in stead, thus avoiding taxes.

Without making any judgments: it's only a raffle because you're skirting the law. :) Getting caught speeding is also a raffle, so to speak.

Today only £5 off Alien Isolation Ripley Edition with the code EGX5

HzPvukp.png

I had this on order but have just canceled & re ordered with the code i also pre-ordered the DLC with 20% off so the DLC is £15 in all.
PC version is £24 on Green Man Gaming using the code SEPTEM-BEROFF-ER25XX, seems like it's an e.mail code just like on GAME. Also nets you some credit with GMG for your next purchase.

I don't understand why people would pre-order that game after what happened last time. It's no wonder publishers treat us like idiots when we behave like idiots.

I don't understand why people would pre-order that game after what happened last time. It's no wonder publishers treat us like idiots when we behave like idiots.

But but... they have told us this game is going to be completely as promised! For real! ;-)

Also, I'm confused...is that really you? (j/k)

B1fDjC4.jpg

TheMoon

"last time"

you mean with a completely different game from a completely different developer that people didn't get extensive hands-on time with? I fail to see the logic in assuming there'll be another potential trainwreck just because the word "ALIEN" is on the box.

What's the best deal for XB1 Forza Horizon 2? The cheapest price I can find is £39 at SimplyGames but taking into account free cars/DLC some retailers are offering are there any better deals out there?

jimi_dini

But but... they have told us this game is going to be completely as promised! For real! ;-)

There are 2 ways this could end:

a) it's the best alien game ever with proper stealth, wonderfully well crafted AI, insane replay value and hardcore difficulty, but because of that it will bomb
b) there is something seriously wrong with it and people who preordered it will get fucked over

I don't know why, but I think it will be the latter.

Also, I'm confused...is that really you? (j/k)

B1fDjC4.jpg

Click on the links. I actually agree with them. When there are lots of people, who happily pay quite a bit of money for peer-to-peer multiplayer with ads (and "free" games of course lol), then why shouldn't a company charge it? I mean yeah it's not fine from a customer point of view, but if noone would pay for it, then companies simply wouldn't do it in the first place.

a completely different game from a completely different developer (*)

(*) that brought us Sonic Classic Collection for Nintendo DS
The game will only work in case the AI is really really really well done. And I just have a problem believing that. Yeah, there is a chance that someone could pull this off, but I have my doubts.

EDIT: Tales Of Xillia (PS3) - 17pounds @ zavvi

thenexus6

Shadow or Mordor £38.75 w/ Dark Ranger DLC

PS4

Xbox One

I'm probably going to get from here, for people "pre-ordering" apparently gameseek are good with shipping out games a day or two early.

Labadal

After zavvi screwed me over with Tales of Xillia 2 Day One Edition and I cancelled it a few weeks later, I finally found it at Rice Digital for £30 (+£3 shipping to Sweden). At the same time, I put in an early pre-order for Tales of Zestiria, marked at the same price point.

illusionary

After zavvi screwed me over with Tales of Xillia 2 Day One Edition and I cancelled it a few weeks later, I finally found it at Rice Digital for £30 (+£3 shipping to Sweden). At the same time, I put in an early pre-order for Tales of Zestiria, marked at the same price point.

Free shipping to the UK... I'm solely tempted, but really don't need to add it to my backlog right now, and hopefully it'll get at least a little cheaper in time.

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/tales-of-xillia-2-ps3

"last time"

you mean with a completely different game from a completely different developer that people didn't get extensive hands-on time with? I fail to see the logic in assuming there'll be another potential trainwreck just because the word "ALIEN" is on the box.

I'm not saying it will definitely be terrible or anything. If it gets 10/10 everywhere and I haven't pre-ordered, what is the ABSOLUTE WORST CASE scenario? I have to walk to a shop and I don't get the game until one day later than I would have if I'd pre-ordered it. The horror!

I don't see why people shouldn't be erring on the side of caution with this particular game, is all. After the shitfest that was the last game, they do not deserve your pre-order, and pre-ordering just sends the message that they can do what the fuck they want because you'll happily bend over next time round as well.

TheMoon

I'm not saying it will definitely be terrible or anything. If it gets 10/10 everywhere and I haven't pre-ordered, what is the ABSOLUTE WORST CASE scenario? I have to walk to a shop and I don't get the game until one day later than I would have if I'd pre-ordered it. The horror!

I don't see why people shouldn't be erring on the side of caution with this particular game, is all. After the shitfest that was the last game, they do not deserve your pre-order, and pre-ordering just sends the message that they can do what the fuck they want because you'll happily bend over next time round as well.

if one wants to see for themselves regardless of what reviewers think and feels confident after all the actual hands-on preview impressions and can get a better deal by pre-ordering, what's the harm then?

if one wants to see for themselves regardless of what reviewers think and feels confident after all the actual hands-on preview impressions and can get a better deal by pre-ordering, what's the harm then?

As I say, businesses should have to earn your business. If I bought something online and it went missing and the customer service was crap or something and so I lost my money, I wouldn't shop there any more. You're telling Sega they can do whatever they want because you'll be right back next year begging for more of the same.

I don't know if you worked on this game or something but you obviously feel the need to defend it. Just remember that this isn't really about Alien, it's about any time you get treated like an idiot by some company or other. You don't just go back as if they did nothing wrong. Alien is just the example of that which happens to be here now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom