• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemmykoopa

Anyone know where CdWow ship their games from? Interested in pre ordering The Evil Within from their site but if they don't ship from Europe the import tax will be too much.

Anyone know where CdWow ship their games from? Interested in pre ordering The Evil Within from their site but if they don't ship from Europe the import tax will be too much.

You mean WOWHD?

I'm assuming they ship everything from Hong Kong. I wouldn't rely on them shipping anything from within Europe, even though that may occur occasionally.

Any good deals for Fantasy Life yet?

The game was super cheap already. Right now it's 28 pounds on zavvi or thegamecollection, for example. Could've used the 10% off coupon during the weekend from shop4de to make it even cheaper.

The cheapest I know of is €30.39 (~£23.6) at WOW HD.
But they won't send it out fast to you, it will be on its way for a while, and you might end up paying VAT and an administrative fee for it, which would make it a lot pricier.

Chopper

So, Game are selling the download version of Smash Bros for £31.99. If I pre-order now at that price, will I receive the code in time to download at midnight on Thursday night?

MicH

So, Game are selling the download version of Smash Bros for £31.99. If I pre-order now at that price, will I receive the code in time to download at midnight on Thursday night?
You'll probably get it right away (or in a few days), but won't be able to redeem it until 0:00 Friday. You'll definitely get it the code before release; I've never experienced otherwise

Chopper

You'll probably get it right away (or in a few days), but won't be able to redeem it until 0:00 Friday. You'll definitely get it the code before release; I've never experienced otherwise
0:00 Friday/Thursday night. Same thing right? As long as I can play it Friday morning! Seems like a no-brainer.

Azuardo

I realise this is off-topic so I'll try to keep it brief, but since this is full of Europe-based people, it's a perfect place to ask.

The game site I'm one of the editors of (Cubed3) is looking for new reviewers right now. If you consider yourself a decent writer and interested in reviewing free games (it's unpaid, but your 'payment' comes in the form of games), drop me a PM. Primarily, we're after people who can review on EU-region 3DS, Wii U and PC, but other systems are helpful. I can give more info and answer questions in PM/email. Thanks to any who show interest!

yaffi

So, uh, did zavvi remove their rewards system? I just wanted to order something and my points are all gone.

Addnan

To add to my CEX online sell. I sent it through Royal Mail few hours after posting here the other day. They pay for first class delivery, it got to them the next day. Processed quick and I got money in my Paypal this morning. £35 for Destiny. I paid £35 for the game, got it all back. Thank you CEX, was unhappy wasting that..

Hasney

Persona Q (3DS) Rice Digital have the best price - only £27.99
You get Tarot Card Set #2 with the game as well.

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/persona-q-shadow-of-the-labyrinth-3ds

Incidentally, the same site has the best price for Persona 4 Ultimax (£37.99) - this one also comes with set #1 of the cards and also a T-Shirt although the design gets unveiled later.

UKgaf gets free delivery/

Damn, forgot that was coming out comparatively late for us... save_us.Homebrew.

This is so ridiculous. Play-Asia are selling a North American copy of Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS) for €15,5.

Add a few euros for shipping and it's still cheaper than what Atlus wants for a long overdue digital-only Euro release. And despite Play-Asia's slow shipping you'll get it faster, since uploading a ROM to the Euro eShop is an incredible difficult thing to do.

Thanks Nintendo for that region lock.

Stubo

This is so ridiculous. Play-Asia are selling a North American copy of Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS) for €15,5.

Add a few euros for shipping and it's still cheaper than what Atlus wants for a long overdue digital-only Euro release. And despite Play-Asia's slow shipping you'll get faster, since uploading a ROM to the Euro eShop is an incredible difficult thing to do.

Thanks Nintendo for that region lock.
They even had a chance to listen to everyone with the new 3ds...but nope, that's locked too.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
PSA:

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (Capcom | €14.99 | £11.99 until 10/02, then €24.99 | £19.99) on the eShop (3DS)

zaphod79

Anyone know where I can get a 16gb or bigger memory card for the Vita cheap? Even if its bundle with some free games.

A few weeks ago Amazon.co.uk had one set with a 16gb card for around £22 , and then last week there were a few floating around ebay (from 'stores' like Argos and Tesco) but those seem to have gone , shopto (via ebay) for £30 with a games bundle seems like the best around right now but if you can wait I would expect to see the offers come back

Shopto bundle if you cant wait

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ps-...y-card-10-games-29-86-shopto-via-ebay-2012610

If you can afford it i'd suggest getting a 64gb card from nippon yassan instead (~£60)

A few weeks ago Amazon.co.uk had one set with a 16gb card for around £22 , and then last week there were a few floating around ebay (from 'stores' like Argos and Tesco) but those seem to have gone , shopto (via ebay) for £30 with a games bundle seems like the best around right now but if you can wait I would expect to see the offers come back

Shopto bundle if you cant wait

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ps-...y-card-10-games-29-86-shopto-via-ebay-2012610

If you can afford it i'd suggest getting a 64gb card from nippon yassan instead (~£60)

The price of those 64gb cards are so expensive even after being out for so long. I might skim out a bit and buy a 32gb card instead.

The price of those 64gb cards are so expensive even after being out for so long. I might skim out a bit and buy a 32gb card instead.
If you're willing to use Content Manager it's more than enough. I have a 32GB card since launch and I don't see myself buying another card in the future.

zaphod79

The 32's are hard to find at the moment - a quick search suggests around £45 or so as a good price for them - if your paying all that out i'd rather pay the extra £15 or so for double the space.

They do keep their value though - I did have a 32 and swapped it out at the start of the year for a 64 and got basically what I paid for the 32 back (even taking ebay fee's into it).

As sechsterangriff mentions , if you okay with managing the games your playing then a 32 is fine , 'most' games top out between 3 and 4 gig so can have 8-10 'big' games on your card at a time.

Chopper

How long did it take for you to get the code?
They actually sent out the email immediately, however, instead of an activation code, it says "COMINGSOON". Presumably this is simply because it's a preorder, so codes aren't quite ready yet. I'll keep an eye on it though.

Think both times I've ordered from gameseek now, the game has arrived a day early.

Good prices and nectar points as well :D

Anyone ever had any problems with them? I still normally use Amazon, but I may switch

LAM09

Think both times I've ordered from gameseek now, the game has arrived a day early.

Good prices and nectar points as well :D

Anyone ever had any problems with them? I still normally use Amazon, but I may switch

I have only bought a game from them once, but they gave me an Australian PAL version instead of UK PAL.

Argos have made some old DS/3DS games a bit cheaper. The following are now £3.99 each:
Steel Diver, Dragon Quest IX, Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2

I've reserved them all, are the dragon quest games worth playing?

Depends on what you like.

DQIX is a traditional Dragon Quest game, which means a JRPG, with turn based battles. This iteration has online features though.

The Dragon Quest Monsters games are a sort of Pokémon-light style of game set in the Dragon Quest universe. If you don't like the latter, I wouldn't recommend it. I do like DQ and had a lot of fun with the first Dragon Quest Monsters.

Certinty

Game seem to have the Xbox One with Forza Horizon 2 and Shadow of Mordor for £370 which seems alright if you want both those games. Am considering it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Where could I pre order to get the pre order bonuses for Shadow of Mordor still?? Preferably somewhere like £37 as I've seen numerous deals.

Depends on what you like.

DQIX is a traditional Dragon Quest game, which means a JRPG, with turn based battles. This iteration has online features though.

The Dragon Quest Monsters games are a sort of Pokémon-light style of game set in the Dragon Quest universe. If you don't like the latter, I wouldn't recommend it. I do like DQ and had a lot of fun with the first Dragon Quest Monsters.

Don't forget that online stuff on the DS is no longer functional. DQIX is still playable, I guess, but it feels a bit hollow especially without the online stuff.

I realise this is off-topic so I'll try to keep it brief, but since this is full of Europe-based people, it's a perfect place to ask.

The game site I'm one of the editors of (Cubed3) is looking for new reviewers right now. If you consider yourself a decent writer and interested in reviewing free games (it's unpaid, but your 'payment' comes in the form of games), drop me a PM. Primarily, we're after people who can review on EU-region 3DS, Wii U and PC, but other systems are helpful. I can give more info and answer questions in PM/email. Thanks to any who show interest!
I questioned your site's 'reviews' after it 'reviewed' Donkey Kong Country 3 for GBA and made no mention whatsoever of the whole new extra world added to the game that wasn't in the SNES original. When I raised it, I just got some shit excuse. Seemed like a dodgy hash job to me.

Santiako

5 days ago I bought a ps4+destiny in ASDA, now I really want to return it so I can get one of those awesome ps4 bundles from game. Does anyone know if they offer full refunds or am I fucked? The console has barely been used.

Audioboxer

5 days ago I bought a ps4+destiny in ASDA, now I really want to return it so I can get one of those awesome ps4 bundles from game. Does anyone know if they offer full refunds or am I fucked? The console has barely been used.

I think for a full refund it has to be returned unused. Asda/Tesco customer service are usually pretty decent though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom