• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chipotle stock dips 3 percent due to negative Twitter reaction to their new queso

Do you want queso?

Results are only viewable after voting.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...mers-turn-up-nose-at-cheese-dip-idUSKCN1BT2GM

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG.N) sank 3 percent on Monday as customers on social media turned up their noses at the burrito seller’s new “queso” cheese topping.

Since the restaurant chain added queso to its menu across the United States last week, Twitter users have widely panned the product, which Chipotle describes as “complex and slightly spicy”.

“Chipotle queso is probably the most disappointing thing I’ve ever experienced in my life,” tweeted Twitter user @arbythompson on Monday.

“Chipotle queso is not good. And I love cheese,” tweeted @Kyle_Ratke.

Monday’s decline in Chipotle’s stock is likely a result of negative sentiment about queso on Twitter, said Maxim analyst Stephen Anderson. He called customers’ reactions to queso as “polarizing”.

Chipotle spokesman Chris Arnold warned against drawing conclusions about queso from reactions viewed on Twitter.

“What we are seeing now in terms of social sentiment is very similar to what we saw when we began marketwide tests in Colorado and Southern California, yet we were sufficiently encouraged by those tests – both in terms of sentiment from the research we conducted and business results - to roll out the queso nationwide,” Arnold said in an email.

They clearly half-assed it.

Qdoba isn't nearly as popular as Chipotle, but they've made their queso the star of the show, and it's dramatically better than Chipotle's.

Poppy

“Chipotle queso is probably the most disappointing thing I’ve ever experienced in my life,” tweeted Twitter user @arbythompson on Monday.

i'm having trouble processing this, i think i might have a stroke

Moe's is the God-king of queso. Chipotle should have tested with them, then built off it. Instead they started out in left field and went weirder.

It may be shitty, but at least it doesn't contain literal shit... At least this week.

Uberrito needs to expand. Chipotle is shit.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
See, this is what happens when you get rid of the e.coli that was providing that extra hidden "secret sauce" taste all along!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
i had qdoba habenero queso for the first time last week and it was tasty

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
it's terrible.

they tried to make it fancy. Queso isn't fancy.

queso is like velveeta and shit. It's delicious when it's smooth and creamy and spicy.

theirs is bland, gritty, and nasty

Zoe

It was so underwhelming we drove to an actual restaurant afterwards just for their queso.

Timeaisis

i'm having trouble processing this, i think i might have a stroke

What's the problem? You don't you believe arby thompson?

Poppy

What's the problem? You don't you believe arby thompson?
im halfway between real disappointment that they would be so utterly hyperbolic yet also thinking maybe this is someone who has devoted their life to arby's and makes it their lifes work to talk shit about other fast food chains which would be great

Timeaisis

Maybe this is all a ruse to get more people back into Chipotle, to try this polarizing queso.

im halfway between real disappointment that they would be so utterly hyperbolic yet also thinking maybe this is someone who has devoted their life to arby's and makes it their lifes work to talk shit about other fast food chains which would be great

I'm not sure which of these I like better.

Starviper

Tried it at a friends. Tastes like some sort of cheap cheese paste, like the absolute minimum amount of cheese with enough sawdust to remain kinda lumpy. No real spice that I remember tasting either.

Good. Chipotle's attempt at queso looks terrible. Both Qdoba and Freebirds offer drastically better queso and I can't believe Chipotle okayed releasing theirs after the test run wasn't spectacular. Between that and the health concerns chipotle needs to get their shit together.

blackflag

I thought it was pretty good. I don't like tons of cheese and it didn't really taste overwhelming but it was spicy which was good.

But because of the added calories I don't think I'd get it again.

smisk

Yeah I tried it the other day and was disappointed. Qdoba's is much better. Hell, the Tostio's queso that comes in a jar is better IMO. Wondering if this is a case of Chipotle's all natural stance biting them in the ass. I think queso needs a certain quantity of processed cheese to be good.

sfedai0

Banned
Anyone actually care if Chipotle just folds? The health code issues was just a death knell. Before that, they hadnt done anything new for a decade.

Makonero

so their queso is bland

just like the rest of their products

long live qdoba's chorizo breakfast burritos with habanero salsa and diablo queso

Bookoo

it's terrible.

they tried to make it fancy. Queso isn't fancy.

queso is like velveeta and shit. It's delicious when it's smooth and creamy and spicy.

theirs is bland, gritty, and nasty

Ha some guy at my work bought it on the day it came out and a few employees tried it and someone said this exact same thing.

Bad mouth feel.

collige

Banned
I tried it in a bowl, then tried it again as a standalone with chips just to make sure I didn't miss anything. It's really shitty, doesn't really even taste like cheese.

kamakazi5

I just ate it for the first time and thought it tasted decent. It tastes like something you'd actually make with real cheese and not the yellow pasteurized stuff most places serve.

Poppy

i make cheese sauce on the reg and it always tastes great, so why cant the food wizards at chipotle labs keep up huh

Zoe

so their queso is bland

just like the rest of their products

long live qdoba's chorizo breakfast burritos with habanero salsa and diablo queso

It's not just bland. It had an odd lemon/lime taste to it, and it was really gritty.

Velveeta + Rotel tastes better

Top Bottom