• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chipotle stock dips 3 percent due to negative Twitter reaction to their new queso

Do you want queso?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zukkoyaki

I enjoy Chipotle and finally tried the queso tonight. Have to say, I'm stunned it's as poor as it is. Not exactly gross but miles away from being good. It was more bland than any queso I've ever had and it tasted watery. Like... How can a company of their size botch fucking melted cheese sauce?

Noctilum

I love Chipotle but really disliked the queso. It had zero cheese taste at all. I noticed not much flavor in general let alone and spicyness. It's hard making a healthy queso. That's probably why it tastes bad to begin with.

I love Chipotle but really disliked the queso. It had zero cheese taste at all. I noticed not much flavor in general let alone and spicyness. It's hard making a healthy queso. That's probably why it tastes bad to begin with.
If someone is getting queso, it's not to be healthy.

M52B28

Banned
I added it to my burrito and I swear I didn't even notice it when I ate it. It's that bland.
That's what I feel when eating it just now. I didn't really notice the difference when eating it.

Luckily enough, the women at the cashier's desk wasn't aware that I got additional options so I wasn't charged for it. I felt kind of bad at the moment, but, yeah.... definitely not something I will get again, especially at the price of an additional $1.50.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Haven't tried it don't want to try it but I'm pretty sure nacho cheese isn't a thing in Mexican cuisine (not that Chipotle is authentic Mexican). I was thinking it would be more like queso fundido with chorizo. What kind of queso is used in their queso?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
It's pretty easy to convince them to make a burrito that's so packed that it won't close, and I would throw the queso in there too if they didn't charge for it.

I'm starting to think that cost is more important than flavor for fast food restaurants.

HariKari

I enjoy Chipotle and finally tried the queso tonight. Have to say, I'm stunned it's as poor as it is. Not exactly gross but miles away from being good. It was more bland than any queso I've ever had and it tasted watery. Like... How can a company of their size botch fucking melted cheese sauce?

El Pollo Loco of all places had an amazing queso they put on their chicken nachos when they had them. Recently got rid of them, but I think the queso is still available in Texas. Like, this isn't a bespoke menu item. How'd they manage to fuck it up so bad?

Yeah tried it the other day and it was gritty as hell.

Gotta stick with the best.

qdoba-queso-sampler.jpg

I am literally eating a chipotle bowl right now. I got queso on it, they let me try it for free.

I pretty much forgot the queso was in the bowl until I saw this thread. So it tastes like water I guess.

Freebirds>chipotle

Zoe

Haven't tried it don't want to try it but I'm pretty sure nacho cheese isn't a thing in Mexican cuisine (not that Chipotle is authentic Mexican). I was thinking it would be more like queso fundido with chorizo. What kind of queso is used in their queso?
Cheddar

RBH

How in the hell did this get past testing?

I just had the queso now, and it was the blandest queso I've ever had. That gritty taste with the first bite of the queso with chips was enough for me.

Still don't get how chipotle is such a success. The quality of their food the 3-4 times i"ve tried is sub taco bell (which I don't even like) the rice in particular tastes like either microwaved to death or a month old and half cooked.

Freebirds lets you choose shredded cheese or queso. I always end up getting ground beef nachos there.

Though the best free queso is Chuy's queso bar (including pico and meat) during Happy Hour.

Yes to both, but alas chuys was a Harvey casualty near us and freebirds is a bit more of a drive.

Still don't get how chipotle is such a success. The quality of their food the 3-4 times i"ve tried is sub taco bell (which I don't even like) the rice in particular tastes like either microwaved to death or a month old and half cooked.

This is way too much internet hyperbole. Speaking as someone who drives past Chipotle to eat at Taco Bell at least once a week. There's no way you actually think that the quality of the ingredients at Chipotle is worse than Taco Bell. Taste is subjective, but at least Chipotle has real meat and vegetables other than lettuce and tomatoes.

This is way too much internet hyperbole. Speaking as someone who drives past Chipotle to eat at Taco Bell at least once a week. There's no way you actually think that the quality of the ingredients at Chipotle is worse than Taco Bell. Taste is subjective, but at least Chipotle has real meat and vegetables other than lettuce and tomatoes.

I'm dead serious, I also didn't mention ingredient quality just the quality of the end product. I've never had chipotle that wasn't pretty awful even for fast food. I've never had taco bell that isn't perfectly fine for fast food. Bad overly salty and overly greasy sure but it's fast food.

I've eaten at chipotle 3-4 times ever and taco bell maybe 20 times so maybe my local two chipotles just suck.

I've never had a burrito worse than a chipotle burrito. Their stuff is so bland and the rice has always been comically awful in my experience.

Top Bottom