• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chipotle stock dips 3 percent due to negative Twitter reaction to their new queso

Do you want queso?

Results are only viewable after voting.
If the queso is gritty that means they either didn't temper the cheese correctly i.e. started a too warm temperature or they added too much cheese at once so it didn't gradually melt into the sauce.

gaugebozo

I just ate it for the first time and thought it tasted decent. It tastes like something you'd actually make with real cheese and not the yellow pasteurized stuff most places serve.
This exactly. I was expecting yellow oily garbage when my wife got some, but it was more like Mexican Fondue. I was pleasantly surprised.

Zoe

If the queso is gritty that means they either didn't temper the cheese correctly i.e. started a too warm temperature or they added too much cheese at once so it didn't gradually melt into the sauce.

The theory is too much corn starch

Kind of on topic: I was recently made aware of Chipotle dates being a thing for online dating, kind of like Netflix and chill. Is that true, are Chipotle dates actually a thing? I wouldn't have thought Chipotle as a place for a date. I'll have Chipotle once in awhile, but I thought of it more of a shame eating kind of place when you just want to get way too full.

Their new cheese truly is shitty. I was gonna make a thread about it last week actually.

It's got this awful density to it.

Will never buy again.

Kind of on topic: I was recently made aware of Chipotle dates being a thing for online dating, kind of like Netflix and chill. Is that true, are Chipotle dates actually a thing? I wouldn't have thought Chipotle as a place for a date. I'll have Chipotle once in awhile, but I thought of it more of a shame eating kind of place when you just want to get way too full.

If you make it through the first 36 hours of shitting your brains out, it's meant to be.

Not

Banned
I wasted money on it

I love me some nacho cheese in a burrito too. They really screwed the pooch

Not

Banned
WTF do you guys call queso? In Spanish that just means cheese.

liquidy yellow cheese, unless we add "blanco" to the end, in which case it's essentially zesty mayo. sometimes red peppers and other shit scattered in there if you're mega lucky

Gritty cheese sauce for a pricey add on.

Dang. I enjoy Chipotle and they messed up something like queso, in which everyone else, already has that much?

Falchion

I can confirm, it's too soupy and pretty bland. I wasn't feeling it with their chips so I took it home and poured it on some grilled chicken and it still wasn't very good.

Zoe

Like nacho cheese? Or is it the same thing?

No

Nacho cheese:
yO2C9fZl.jpg

Queso:
yc7K0BLl.jpg

Edit:
Or the superior compuesto/completo:
yWzN0bnl.jpg

reKon

Banned
Okay so this was definitely not tested properly. I wonder what their process for this is. I have not met one person who actually likes their Queso.

finalflame

It's trash. I got it this weekend and it was gritty. Fucking amateur cheese sauce mistake. Get it together, Chipotle.

Rizific

This thread would pop up literally the day after I tried it. Yeah, it's pretty bad. It has some powdery, chalky texture action going on. I'd actually prefer one of those dips in a jar that you find in the chips aisle at a grocery store.

It is amazing that it tastes like bland nothingness and is expensive on top of it all.

If they wanted to put in no effort, at the very least, they could have used this guilty pleasure:

tostitos-dip-salsa-con-queso.png

gaugebozo

The theory is too much corn starch
Corn starch would make it gelatinous or gloopy. I think this is thickened with flour. My wife makes homemade Mac and cheese, and the texture is very similar to what happens when you put the cheese in without waiting for the sauce to cool first.

Top Bottom