• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Dring Leaves Twitter due to harassment

Pelta88

That level of vitriol and salt because he posted sales stats?

105823f7-2d03-4ee7-b75e-a5dd84023eab_text.gif

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Twitter is a shit hole. Mets fans were sending death threats to their $330 million shortstop and his wife after he got off to a slow start. I dont know wtf elon is doing but this is something twitter has always had a problem with and its only gotten worse since he took over.

this is what happens when you stop moderating online discourse.

rm082e

What did he say?

Probably in reference to this:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I don't blame him. I rarely post in anything sales related. It's the most toxic form of gaming discourse, along with digital foundry threads.
Some people just love their numbers. Sales, review scores, concurrent players... and this very same people think that the bigger those numbers are, the better the games they represent are, which imo couldn't be more far from the truth.

TexMex

Listen I'm just going to admit I laughed out loud at "Fat Pigscatella."

Edit: Fuck off with the "these days" nonsense. These guys are so hard up for Elon (but will never walk away from the platform they hate so much. There is nothing "these days" about those insults. There were shit heads on Twitter from day one, the frequency has not gone up or down. They existed before anyone knew what Twitter was, and they'll be there long after it's gone.

Last edited:

panda-zebra

Who?

Anyway, if you can't stand trolling in X you shouldn't be there with low self-esteem.
Just a man doing his job, one of the few sources of reliable numbers and insight that happened to say some things a couple of warrior factions didn't want to hear. After the positivity of speaking at the LDC and attending the BAFTA awards maybe the thought of returning to multiple twitter shitstorms on Monday morning seemed like the absolute dumbest prospect going forwards.

Fair play to him.

gow3isben

I never understand why people take these twitter dweebs seriously enough to quit or affect them so emotionally

More than likely they are 12 year olds getting tucked in by mommy at bedtime and if they are older probably even sadder.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
What's the point of Twitter if you don't read replies to yours tweets ?

He isn't doing it for fun. He works for a business that gets these stats. He's only posting them for work. He doesn't need to read the comments on Twitter. It's just another way to get people to go to the GameBizIndustry website to view the full report every week.

Unknown?

They should stop giving out sales
information. People only use it for their console wars anyways.
You wouldn't like to know if your platform was dying so you could get out or stay out?

I really wanted a Saturn in 97 but I didn't know it was being discontinued. If I didn't know I would have bought a platform with very little support.

tmlDan

I thought older people like Chris would be more ironclad, why are they so afraid of dumb trolls.

Just ignore it and keep posting, it's your job and drives traffic to your stories. Nobody follows the gamindustry.biz twitter/X channel.

GHound

Not his fault the Xbox brand is on the path to not being a hardware platform if they don't find some way to hit multiple home runs between now and the middle of next gen. Don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited:
Everyone should leave Twitter (and other social media shit). These platforms have not done anything good for humanity.
100% agreed. All they've done is give everyone a platform to spout their utter garbage views on the world and politics, troll and just act like a cunt in general. Message boards and forums were as much as this society ever needed.

Top Bottom