• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Dring Leaves Twitter due to harassment

DragonNCM

That level of vitriol and salt because he posted sales stats?

105823f7-2d03-4ee7-b75e-a5dd84023eab_text.gif

Little pressure & they squeal fucking looser.

nush

TLDR: He never left he just decided to take a break from Twitter.

Should have posted this yesterday so i could have quoted myself now. "I'm leaving social media platform" is always a dog whistle for a personal army. Except he didn't get one. and so....

Kl9ygWL.png

Couldn't hold out 24 hours because nobody actually cares so he's just re-posted hoping to get one.

He's a knob, he's been a knob since he was editor for CTW.

Litmus test for any "I'm being attacked on social media" should be a screencap uncensored of who posted it. Why would you not do that, name and shame?

Pelta88

Couldn't hold out 24 hours because nobody actually cares so he's just re-posted hoping to get one.

He's a knob, he's been a knob since he was editor for CTW.

Litmus test for any "I'm being attacked on social media" should be a screencap uncensored of who posted it. Why would you not do that, name and shame?

I do think some of these jurno types on twitter have an inflated sense of themselves. But even with that said, just looking at some of the comments that follow his publishing of data is a different type of vitriol. I'm talking 1+1 =

200w.gif

Orbital2060

Not the first time, he deleted or deactivated his account sometime during the Activision trials. And returned within a few days.

coffinbirth

There's no way in hell someone this emotionally invested in this nonsense isn't also being a (slightly more behaved) weirdo on here as well, so fuck whomever you are.

curb-your-enthusiasm-larry-david.gif

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Moderation is censorhip... There is a site that is for that it's called Reeee. The same picks who want to CE sort valve for a curator and having user reviews. Free speech for all unless it promotes violence , starts a riot or is targeted towards kids. Elon is doing everything right. It was a shit hole and everyone was censored before he took over.

Lies. Moderation is life. It's necessary. Laws exist for a reason. We have moderation here at GAF too, you know.....

mckmas8808

Fuck I ain't reading all that shit sucka's crying attention plea

Mofo leaves the internet because people are mean then returns with a fucken KING JAMES EDITION Bible essay

WTF dude. It takes less than 30 seconds to read what he said LOL! He left literally NOT looking for attention. Why are yall like this?

For his sake I hope he doesn't read GAF. Some of the replies in here are something else. 🙄

I know it's crazy. Some of the weakest men are here in this thread on GAF. It's insane. The man never cried or made an announcement that he was leaving Twitter. Mat Piscesllla just made an assumption. Probably based on his own personal feelings on what he wants to do.

It's almost as if hurt people, hurt people. Men are too lonely and isolated today to understand that Twitter isn't the beginning or end of the world.

Last edited:
I never suggested Chris was a fanboy of anything.

I think I'd be fine if he were a fanboy. My problem with him isn't that. My problem with him is that he has a platform because he and Mat and some others have data we don't have access to and they offer pretty rubbish analysis on the data that is largely obscured and the public analysis isn't in keeping with what is actually happening.

I dislike him because he's shit at his profession, just as I would any journalist who was shit at their profession.

Like DF, I think a lot of his income is based on console wars, so he has an inherent interest in keeping that going despite what reality might say.

I think the media loves to act as influencers and I think they have no morals or ethics.

Do they deal with a lot of disgruntled fanboys? Absolutely, but that largely comes with the game that they themselves have created, so I don't buy into their pity parties either.

I’ve only heard who this dingleberry is from the thread titles about sales shit…
But, what a pussy. All these nameless faceless “people” getting to you so you announce your leaving and within 24 hours your back?

mckmas8808

I’ve only heard who this dingleberry is from the thread titles about sales shit…
But, what a pussy. All these nameless faceless “people” getting to you so you announce your leaving and within 24 hours your back?

He didn't announce he was leaving. That was made up! Read the thread!

StueyDuck

He's back!

honestly... and i mean this from the bottom of my heart... what a loser :messenger_tears_of_joy:

sounds like he had a little tantrum and now he's playing the "i just did it secretly but I'm loved so much everyone noticed" act. Like dude, if anything you said was real then you'd just not use twitter, it's super easy.

Look at me right here, right now, simply not using twitter.

Last edited:

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
If this is his job, what a bitch boy. Ive been spit on, had Westboro Baptist Church throw things at me and my car going on base, been sucker punched many times, told I’m a baby killer, told I’m a murderer, constantly being told I’m going to die and blah blah blah. Plenty of folks get grief online or in person.

It’s a job, brother. Do it or don’t.

Last edited:
Top Bottom