• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chrono Trigger 2 is unlikely to ever happen, creators say

2LHMtQS.png

What the fuck is this???!???!
This looks terrible. If this is what people were hoping for no thanks.
No reason a potential sequel couldn’t be sprite based.

Pejo

There is not a single person left in a position of creative power in Square Enix that I would trust to make a direct sequel to Chrono Trigger in 2024. You all know it's true, too.

This is nothing but good news. I hope they don't even try to remake it.

Play the original - it still holds up, even straight off of the SNES.

Myths

A tragic story not so different from Parasite Eve. But you see, I do hope SE does somewhat of an IP inspired by the latter.

Barakov

Gold Member
Chrono-Trigger-Fan-Art-Cover.jpg
Yuji Horii, Hironobu Sakaguchi and Kazuhiko Torishima praised Sea of Stars saying that it is a beautiful game and also looks just like the classic RPG. The news came about as the trio were interviewed and asked whether there was a possibility of Chrono Trigger 2 which they replied that it would be unlikely.

• Horii said “Wow, they did a great job, it looks just like Chrono Trigger… it’s beautiful… that’s great!”
  • Torishima said it was nostalgic
  • Sakaguchi said “Look, its the same!… When I saw it I though they really did their best and did a great job”

Definitely for the best. As much as I'd like to see them try, it's probably good that it won't happen.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
  • Horii said “Wow, they did a great job, it looks just like Chrono Trigger… it’s beautiful… that’s great!”
  • Torishima said it was nostalgic
  • Sakaguchi said “Look, its the same!… When I saw it I though they really did their best and did a great job”
Obviously they weren't going to criticize it. They're japanese

Kevin James Liar GIF by TV Land

Chrono Cross is even better than Chrono Trigger

But the fanboys are not ready to admit it.

Hudo

I am happy that Chrono Trigger happened at all. No need for a second game.

Also: Horii, stop wasting time on interviews and get back to DQ3: HD-2D and DQ12!

daxgame

Probably for the best. Too much time has passed, doubt a new team would be able to make anything equally worth.

But, give ma a solid 2D HD remake.

Last edited:
Probably for the best. Too much time has passed, doubt a new team would be able to make anything equally worth.

But, give ma a solid 2D HD remake.

What do you think of an FF6 or Chrono Trigger Remake with that 2d/3d Octopath artstyle? I think that would be so sick. Probly FF6 is more suited to o
It than CT due to color palette but yeah would be amazing imo.

Synless

I was seriously let down by Chrono Cross, thinking it would come close to what Trigger did. I remember playing the trailer to CC daily from that Playstation Underground disc I had that was so hype for me. Instead I got something else.
What was wrong with Chrono Cross? It was phenomenal! A great sequel to the game.

Top Bottom