• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Circana NPD] Palworld surpassed Fortnite in US XBS DAU on January 22 on that day alone

Draugoth

Gold Member
According to Circana's Player Engagement Tracker, on January 22nd Palworld surpassed Fortnite in US XBS DAU. On that day alone, Palworld players on XBS in the US played Palworld for more than 200 minutes, on average. Bonkers numbers.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Breaking Bad Wow GIF by LLIMOO

twilo99

I’m surprised since the launch version on gamepass was rather gimped, better now after the update, but still behind.

MS need to get rid of the certification process for preview games, it’s pointless.

Last edited:

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Has that vibe, doesn't it? Happy for the guys who made the game. Must be nice to launch something like this and then poof.......filthy rich.
Follow-up is the important thing. I wonder if we actually do see a quick acquisition so the game can get the funding it deserves immediately. The other games I mentioned were huge in their own right, but I feel like they didn't really capitalize on their potential.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Follow-up is the important thing. I wonder if we actually do see a quick acquisition so the game can get the funding it deserves immediately. The other games I mentioned were huge in their own right, but I feel like they didn't really capitalize on their potential.
Digimon is looking into survival gameplay loops as we speak.

twilo99

If they are smart they will not sell out…

Topher

Gold Member

I definitely do not want every successful independent studio to get gobbled up by some mega-corporation. And now that the game is a success, there is no need for it.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
I definitely do not want every successful independent studio to get gobbled up by some mega-corporation. And now that the game is a success, there is no need for it.
I don't want that either, but there are so many potential customers out there that a 40-man team will just not be able to get to while the game is hot. A big publisher could quickly get this game on mobile, PlayStation, Switch, etc...

Fabieter

I don't want that either, but there are so many potential customers out there that a 40-man team will just not be able to get to while the game is hot. A big publisher could quickly get this game on mobile, PlayStation, Switch, etc...

Nintendo and PlayStation will want this ok their platform as soon as possible. I fully expect they would help port the game to their platform if Microsoft didn't moneyhatted the game which I don't think its the case.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Daily active users maybe, not sure.
You are correct it's the number of unique users that engage with an app or service within a 24-hour window.

Last edited:

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Nintendo and PlayStation will want this ok their platform as soon as possible. I fully expect they would help port the game to their platform if Microsoft didn't moneyhatted the game which I don't think its the case.
I think any publisher would put the game everywhere.

Three

Feels like one of those big game moments like PUBG, Rocket League, Fall Guys, etc...

Could be bigger than all of them at this pace, though.
You occasionally get this with a hyped game but they usually fall:

It could certainly beat fall guys but Rocket league is a tough one to beat.
It's best to wait to see retention. Considering it has GaaS like elements with some grinding it could have good retention.

twilo99

I find it more insane that a game so popular it broke Steam concurrent records only managed to beat Fortnite for a single day.

Fortnite is in a different league altogether, but even for a day, still impressive.

These numbers are nuts!
I would totally buy a Series S Pro day one of this came bundled with it!

Dunno about the pro but it runs … semi ok on my non pro xss

Looking forward to that sweet pro version tho

Last edited:

daclynk

Cats Reaction GIF by Hill's Pet Nutrition EMEA

Good win for Xbox. it will be nice if xbox get their own monster catching game/IP and much needed polish.

Last edited:

skit_data

It's funny how things are at times...
Last years GotY effectively being a console exclusive for PS5 several months last year.
This game effectively being console exclusive to Xbox until further notice.

The reason for the latter being the case is mostly down to Xbox allowing early access games on their store, no?

twilo99

It’s true in a technical sense, they need to remove the certification process so devs can deploy updates at the same pace as they do on Steam.

Otherwise there is zero reasons to not take advantage of it on PC.. it’s a great service

Last edited:

GHG

It's sad that the first instinct for some of you is to beg for an acquisition instead of enjoying the game.

Talk about failing to connect the dots. This game never gets produced if the studio were under the influence of the Xbox umbrella/management. I've always said that Xbox need more partnerships (even if it just results in 3rd party exclusives) instead of acquisitions, their management is a shit show and I guarantee they didn't anticipate this being as good or successful as it has been.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

Studios do not need to be acquired in order to get games on other platforms. Games do not need to get on other platforms "quickly" especially when the game is in early access.

The important thing here is gamers got a great game.

Top Bottom