• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Circana NPD] Palworld surpassed Fortnite in US XBS DAU on January 22 on that day alone

daclynk

wow. which of you did this GAF

Animated GIF

GHG

No one did.

I agree, but that should tell them everything they need to know as a team instead of trying desperately to manufacture hype for crappy unfinished and soulless AAA products.

The one banger they had last year they unceremoniously shoved out the back door. If that isn't indicative of the fact that they can't sense when a game is good then nothing will be.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
GP team has great curation and they have consistently spotted and signed deals for indies that wind up in the top 10 games of the year, for the last 3 years (Citizen Sleeper, Jusant, Cocoon, Immortality, Norco, etc.). We know they felt it was worth signing this for a day 1 GP deal. It's the only evidence of anyone anticipating anything with this game.

I'm sure it's exceeded their expectations though.

Topher

Gold Member
Played for few hours. Fun but unfinished.

Will likely wait for 1.0 release.

One of my friends is hooked and putting in unhealthy hours though.

I played a bit on Game Pass and yeah, it's a bit rough still. Crashed right when I was starting to get into it. That's early access for you though.

GHG

I played a bit on Game Pass and yeah, it's a bit rough still. Crashed right when I was starting to get into it. That's early access for you though.

If you're on PC you're better off playing the actual PC version via steam.

Over 20 hours now and not a single crash across PC and steam deck.

There are a few early access quirks here and there but this is a more playable and polished game than most AAA studios have put out in recent years.

Topher

Gold Member
If you're on PC you're better off playing the actual PC version via steam.

Over 20 hours now and not a single crash across PC and steam deck.

There are a few early access quirks here and there but this is a more playable and polished game than most AAA studios have put out in recent years.

I fully plan on getting it on Steam after I'm finished playing TLOU 2 R.

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: GHG

Baki

The Sony 3rd party account exec that didn’t secure this game must be kicking themselves. They are scrambling to get this game on PS but porting takes time and money and so they’re going to miss out on this moment. I’m sure they’re readying a package to handle the porting costs for Pocket Pair.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The Sony 3rd party account exec that didn’t secure this game must be kicking themselves. They are scrambling to get this game on PS but porting takes time and money and so they’re going to miss out on this moment. I’m sure they’re readying a package to handle the porting costs for Pocket Pair.

This developer has not made any games on playstation, their last couple of games were PC or Xbox only, but none of them got even 1/100th of this kind of fame.

Sony likely didn't pay much attention to this before launch, but are probably furiously negotiating with them to bring the game to PS4/5 now.

Last edited:
This developer has not made any games on playstation, their last couple of games were PC or Xbox only, but none of them got even 1/100th of this kind of fame.

Sony likely didn't pay much attention to this before launch, but are probably furiously negotiating with them to bring the game to PS4/5 now.
It's going to be interesting how Xbox negotiate with the studio going forward especially if this game continues to be lightening in a bottle, I'd imagine Phil Spencer is probably on the blower as we speak.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It's going to be interesting how Xbox negotiate with the studio going forward especially if this game continues to be lightening in a bottle, I'd imagine Phil Spencer is probably on the blower as we speak.

They're already doing gang-busters in terms of daily active users, snagging this for game pass was either a very calculated stroke of genius or just blind stumbling luck.

The developers have a very nice bargaining tool to get more money when the game leaves the Preview phase, if Xbox still wants 1.0 to be on game pass at launch.

Last edited:

Diddy X

I know the game is selling like hot cake but not including microtransactions seems like a huge loss of money for the devs, I mean how much more money could they be making...

• Triggered
Reactions: GHG
They're already doing gang-busters in terms of daily active users, snagging this for game pass was either a very calculated stroke of genius or just blind stumbling luck.

The developers have a very nice bargaining tool to get more money when the game leaves the Preview phase, if Xbox still wants 1.0 to be on game pass at launch.
They'd have to be mad not to, not many games do these numbers that's for sure.

Mr Moose

How many of them made it out of early access?
Edit: 1, and it's not on Xbox either.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I definitely do not want every successful independent studio to get gobbled up by some mega-corporation. And now that the game is a success, there is no need for it.
I would probably sell out just so I could sit on a beach for the rest of my life and not have to run a real company, but I'm kinda lazy.

Topher

Gold Member

Doubt that. This game more than likely has a year timed exclusivity just like the other games that Microsoft has moneyhatted. After that, expanding to PlayStation and Switch is in the developer's best interest. Market share matters.

I would probably sell out just so I could sit on a beach for the rest of my life and not have to run a real company, but I'm kinda lazy.

You and me both.

Last edited:

I didn’t get any crashes.

Game needs QOL features. I can’t pick items dropped by my friends. Exploration every guild member has to do separately… etc.

I will wait a year or so and let them update before I get back.

SHA

Cause there's an old and familiar empty space in the industry where on one side, what the people wanted, and the other side, what corporates decide to offer, if you or anyone denies this thing then you are living under a rock, no one can alienate what the people wanted anymore, Konami, Blizzard, EA, Capcom, it doesn't really matter who they are, if they don't give what the people wanted, they'll miss a huge opportunity and will be left behind.

Top Bottom