• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Circana NPD] Palworld surpassed Fortnite in US XBS DAU on January 22 on that day alone

FStubbs

Doubt that. This game more than likely has a year timed exclusivity just like the other games that Microsoft has moneyhatted. After that, expanding to PlayStation and Switch is in the developer's best interest. Market share matters.

You and me both.
This would have been an odd money hat. I think it's just one of those things that come out of left field.

Orbital2060

There are quite a few early access games on gamepass, or have been. Think its just a payoff for supporting id@xbox for so long.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Wtf is this game and why is it so popular?

Pokemon farming.

nulYfF.gif

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont get how this game has become so big so fast when it's a noname games wit zero marketing I think. I guess the Pokemon craze is so big anything resembling it will get gangbuster players regardless of platform. Steam is a bigger mystery as you got to pay I think $30.

It's not like it released and slowly built up users. It's been only one week and already huge users.

FStubbs

I dont get how this game has become so big so fast when it's a noname games wit zero marketing I think. I guess the Pokemon craze is so big anything resembling it will get gangbuster players regardless of platform. Steam is a bigger mystery as you got to pay I think $30.

It's not like it released and slowly built up users. It's been only one week and already huge users.
Memes. There have been lots of Pokemon clones, but this one has guns.

Topher

Gold Member
This would have been an odd money hat. I think it's just one of those things that come out of left field.

After reading the dev say that the game very well may come to PlayStation, I think I was wrong to call it a moneyhat. Typically, devs say something vague like "we have no plans for other platforms" due to their contract with Microsoft. Not the case here it would seem.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Was Palworld a part of ID @ Xbox? If yes, then that would probably be the answer why it's on Xbox only at launch (as a Game Preview game no less).

Orbital2060

Was Palworld a part of ID @ Xbox? If yes, then that would probably be the answer why it's on Xbox only at launch (as a Game Preview game no less).
Craftopia was game preview and id@xbox, so I assumed Palworld is, too. But having a look now I cant see an id@xbox tag so I dont know. Its game preview, though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom