• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash of Clans |OT|

Booties

Banned
Upgrading heroes at low lvls is so painful. Not having your hero around for a few days is devastating as far as attack efficiency. Same with spell factor.

Both should be usable while being upgraded.

Upgrading BK after level 5 is a couple days to a week. It's stupid.

Yeah, I really don't understand that design decision, I mean, other than almost requiring gems purchasing to speed things up. At least the rest of the game isn't such a blatant cash grab. Seeing those clans with level 40 BK and AQ, just smh.

Nuklear

Banned
Crappy night of raiding for me. I keep running into asshats that have a sniping layout setup only to have hidden tesla's right next to the TH. There's been a couple I just went on to fully wipe the base but sometimes I don't have the right troops to do it!

Lvl 2 Dragons is about a day for me!

Booties

Banned
Yeah BK 10 at TH8 is very important. Even if I have maxed out all other structures, I won't go to TH9 until I have BK10 and Skull walls. Luckily there is still a ton of research to do. Structure-wise I'm about 55 days from TH9 -- Research-wise I'm like 120. RIP.

Booties

Banned
Since my clan is pulling way ahead this war I want to try a new army since dragons are boring as hell.

Gonna do GiWiPe but I have no idea how. My stuff is as follows:

Giants: 5
Wizard: 5
Pekka: 1
WB: 4
Barb: 5
Archer: 5

What spells do I use? How do I deploy?

broz0rs

Since my clan is pulling way ahead this war I want to try a new army since dragons are boring as hell.

Gonna do GiWiPe but I have no idea how. My stuff is as follows:

Giants: 5
Wizard: 5
Pekka: 1
WB: 4
Barb: 5
Archer: 5

What spells do I use? How do I deploy?

This has been my go to army composition when I have less than 200k elixir to invest. It's basically a poor man's GoWiPe, but it achieves the same purpose.

The main thing is send Giants first (pray there's no spring traps) so that your barbs and archers can clear out the surrounding buildings outside of the walls asap. Once the buildings are cleared, bust open the wall and have your Pekkas, King, and Wizards go in. I can't stress how important it is to clear the outer buildings because Pekkas are notorious for straying away and end up being useless units that just hit stuff outside of the walls. If Pekkas do manage to not stray and attack the center, it will be a thing of beauty. They do insane damage with rage spells.

Soule

pDRwaKl.png

This trophy count knows what's up

Just started playing this game... I think I'm in trouble!

I just realized it's been a month or 2 since I started playing, time has flown by. Hope you have as much as I'm having ^^

JesseZao

It's a loss unless every last attack is used well. Looks like a lot of their clan was kicked so they still have two attacks left.

We can't afford leaving the easy stars left unclaimed and then fail when attacking high fresh targets.

JDdelphin

HALF HOUR LEFT.

There's a few lower level stars that can be grabbed by a higher level guy for free.

Lets not lose by one star again :(

muu

Ouch - thankfully that's only a 2day one though yeah? It could be worse :p

Yeah, at least it wasn't the town hall.

Strange thing happened yesterday -- I'm playing w/ some IRL friends in a smallish clan, it's an open clan so we have a few people we don't know in there either. Yesterday out of the blue we got on some list or something, since we went from 12-13 members to 45 all of a sudden. Is this a temporary thing or a permanent one so long as we don't set clan to invite only? It's as if they set us up on some auto join feature within the game, and frankly it's getting a little annoying.

Marinius

Neo Member
How many Trophies do they have? If they're all low-ballers, you should up the required cups to something that's going to stop that from happening perhaps?

muu

We upped it to 1000, people still stream in until the clan member count gets to 45. We flushed bout 15 of them down the toilet when we were done w/ the last war and kicked all the inactives -- within minutes 15 new ones joined. weird.

Real lack of activity during this war. A couple people will probably end up kicked if they did not attack in the last two wars. Of the top players only Bajan32 has missed multiple consecutive wars and may be removed.

broz0rs

Having TH9-10 players that don't participate just really sucks because we're getting matched with clans with TH9-10 players that do and we're not going to win because of that. It's also extremely difficult for a TH8 and below to try to get a star from a TH9 because of the Queen and X-Bows. I agree, remove the players and hopefully we'll get matched with clans with similar resources.

Madness

Having TH9-10 players that don't participate just really sucks because we're getting matched with clans with TH9-10 players that do and we're not going to win because of that. It's also extremely difficult for a TH8 and below to try to get a star from a TH9 because of the Queen and X-Bows. I agree, remove the players and hopefully we'll get matched with clans with similar resources.

The game becomes a massive grind at TH9 and TH10. Upgrades are easily 3.2-5.5 million+, troop upgrades are like 6 million+ elixir, the time required is like 7-12 days an upgrade. So it's why you see a lot of drop off in regular activity. Not as much of a reason to check in. I'm still in early stages of TH9, but it's crazy how much it's going to take to max wiz towers, archer towers, go for troop upgrades. Did just get level 6 balloons though.

The game becomes a massive grind at TH9 and TH10. Upgrades are easily 3.2-5.5 million+, troop upgrades are like 6 million+ elixir, the time required is like 7-12 days an upgrade. So it's why you see a lot of drop off in regular activity. Not as much of a reason to check in. I'm still in early stages of TH9, but it's crazy how much it's going to take to max wiz towers, archer towers, go for troop upgrades. Did just get level 6 balloons though.

I really have no idea how those developed 10s could stand it, I'm finding th7 to be tedious waiting to be developed enough to move to th8. I guess tolerance for boredom or lots of real $$$$$ for gems. Even on th7 there are days that if I don't time things well, there is nothing to do as the builders are occupied and raiding to fill the coffers is tedious and likely to get raided for more than just a th snipe.

I really have no idea how those developed 10s could stand it, I'm finding th7 to be tedious waiting to be developed enough to move to th8. I guess tolerance for boredom or lots of real $$$$$ for gems. Even on th7 there are days that if I don't time things well, there is nothing to do as the builders are occupied and raiding to fill the coffers is tedious and likely to get raided for more than just a th snipe.

Yep. I've pretty much maxed TH7, and raiding was really a pain lots of the time. You can't really defend your town from the TH8's and higher that are going to be raiding you, so even if you make a 200k+ raid a lot of that is going to get taken. There were days where I wondered why I was even doing raids, since my total gold and elixir was hardly going up.

JesseZao

Yep. I've pretty much maxed TH7, and raiding was really a pain lots of the time. You can't really defend your town from the TH8's and higher that are going to be raiding you, so even if you make a 200k+ raid a lot of that is going to get taken. There were days where I wondered why I was even doing raids, since my total gold and elixir was hardly going up.

I only bother to raid when I have a stretch of time that I can fully use gems to boost a couple of my barracks, make money needed, then spend down to 0.

I'm glad I went to 8. I'm upgrading my King to 9 now and only have traps and walls left to upgrade.

I dread the spike in costs for 9, but I don't think I can resist having the Queen. Having more walls to work with and a second DE drill will be nice.

I'm going to sit at max 8 buildings for a while to finish walls and research upgrades, so I probably won't even be starting 9 for a few weeks.

I only bother to raid when I have a stretch of time that I can fully use gems to boost a couple of my barracks, make money needed, then spend down to 0.

I'm glad I went to 8. I'm upgrading my King to 9 now and only have traps and walls left to upgrade.

I dread the spike in costs for 9, but I don't think I can resist having the Queen. Having more walls to work with and a second DE drill will be nice.

I'm going to sit at max 8 buildings for a while to finish walls and research upgrades, so I probably won't even be starting 9 for a few weeks.

How long did it take you to go from maxed TH7 to near-maxed TH8? I don't recall exactly, but I think TH7 took me maybe a month or month and a half to max. Is it 2-3 months for TH8, or longer?

JesseZao

How long did it take you to go from maxed TH7 to near-maxed TH8? I don't recall exactly, but I think TH7 took me maybe a month or month and a half to max. Is it 2-3 months for TH8, or longer?

I suppose I'll stay where I'm at for now. I'd only switch if the clan was more active than the chill clan I'm in atm.

Just started th8.

According to this [From 10/2], It's been about 7-8 weeks in TH8 so far. (Everything was maxed at TH7 except the DE troop upgrades in the Lab. I got BK5, though)

Edit: I have 5 builders.

According to this [From 10/2], It's been about 7-8 weeks in TH8 so far. (Everything was maxed at TH7 except the DE troop upgrades in the Lab. I got BK5, though)

Edit: I have 5 builders.

Okay, thanks! Seems reasonable, considering I only have four builders.

Few hours left in war. Just reminding people to use their attacks.

We are winning, but not by enough to make a comeback by them out of the question.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Uggh looks like I need an invite until I hit 1800 trophies. Lvl68 TH8 (1/3rd maxed?) good enough? Active as fuck.

Same username btw.

sebco

I'm at level 68 with 1900+ trophies and a level 8 TH. My clan seems to be disbanding and I would like to join up with my GAF brethren.

My username is "Sebastian" do I need to request to join through Clash or via GAF?

Ocho

I'm at level 68 with 1900+ trophies and a level 8 TH. My clan seems to be disbanding and I would like to join up with my GAF brethren.

My username is "Sebastian" do I need to request to join through Clash or via GAF?

Clash is fine.

Top Bottom