• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash of Clans |OT|

Marinius

Neo Member
Heading to TH8 :p need to power barch to get the last few upgrades before it finishes... 8 days of build time though so should be sweet :)

JesseZao

Heading to TH8 :p need to power barch to get the last few upgrades before it finishes... 8 days of build time though so should be sweet :)

I was almost done with th8, but didn't realize there were 3 upgrades for my teslas. That's another three weeks for me.

Not actually a fan of how this company updates the game. I feel like it is all endgame content, while only a tiny fraction of the playerbase is high enough to actually play the new stuff.

Game should expand at sub 9/10 more. New features and shit would be nice.

So I guess the leak was real then. Have they stated whether they're scrapping elixir upgrades for walls lower than level 8? That part of the leak sounded stupid.

Ocho

Not actually a fan of how this company updates the game. I feel like it is all endgame content, while only a tiny fraction of the playerbase is high enough to actually play the new stuff.

Game should expand at sub 9/10 more. New features and shit would be nice.

They got to appeal the costumers that spend the most.

Ya no

I'm pretty addicted to this game but I am absolutely AWFUL at attacking. My troops never ever do what I want them to do. I watch videos of people attacking and explaining there strategies and then when I try to copy it my troops just go all over and get demolished in a heart beat. Only attacks that ever work are farming attacks with all barbarians and archers on bases that have full collectors on the outside and that doesn't take any skill... Anyone have any tips? I feel like I'm missing something but I'm pretty sure I just suck

Crap, if they're getting rid of the elixir wall upgrades then I gotta do some serious raiding today. I've nearly maxed all my walls and having the option to use elixir has been a huge help!

broz0rs

I'm pretty addicted to this game but I am absolutely AWFUL at attacking. My troops never ever do what I want them to do. I watch videos of people attacking and explaining there strategies and then when I try to copy it my troops just go all over and get demolished in a heart beat. Only attacks that ever work are farming attacks with all barbarians and archers on bases that have full collectors on the outside and that doesn't take any skill... Anyone have any tips? I feel like I'm missing something but I'm pretty sure I just suck

This game is all about understanding unit UI and even then you have time pressures which causes you to mess up easy. An example is if a unit's preference is to attack something closest, it will go there no matter what. It doesn't matter how many cannons are shooting at it. The general strategy is to clear out surrounding structures and once you have a clear path to your opponent's wall, only then the majority of the units will go there. Takes practice, but once you get the gist of it, the game becomes quite fun.

muu

I'm maybe 50% done w/ walls at th7. I can probably finish that off before the update, Skull walls are going to suck.

So where are all the excess lix gonna go if we can't use them for walls during th8?

Nuklear

Banned
The change back to wall upgrade is bullshit I didn't even get chance to take advantage of it.

I think I may be done with the game. I'm investing a ton of time as it is now and this just makes walls just agonizing to upgrade. I have better things to do with my time.

Ya no

This game is all about understanding unit UI and even then you have time pressures which causes you to mess up easy. An example is if a unit's preference is to attack something closest, it will go there no matter what. It doesn't matter how many cannons are shooting at it. The general strategy is to clear out surrounding structures and once you have a clear path to your opponent's wall, only then the majority of the units will go there. Takes practice, but once you get the gist of it, the game becomes quite fun.

Yeah I guess I gotta just keep practicing.

I'm bummed about the wall update too. Just maxed all my defenses at th7 so I guess I'm just gonna farm and work on walls til the update now

JesseZao

If no elixir for walls is true, that's hella lame.

Once you've researched everything that takes elixir, the resource becomes pointless until next th. It was a good change. Reverting it is "literally a slap in the face" to millions of players.

I have maybe 15 skulls with the rest purple. 500k is something I burn for walls every couple of days. I'm still a year+ from being close to maxing th10.

Ask this skies is make farming elixir easier for lesser th levels. Equal level of progression players well just be trading garbage.

Edit: I went and read the actual update from Supercell.

I need to stop reacting to second hand forum rage.

I like all of the changes.

- Level 12 Collectors at TH8
Faster production (and higher hp / max cap )

- DE Drill at TH7 (Great change)

- 2nd DE Drill at TH8 (Great! change)

- DE drills all have max cap increased

- Elixir can only be used to upgrade Lv9+ (the one after skulls)
The only bummer, but not as bad as removing the option all together (I maxed purp w/o elixir)

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Is it known when this update will go live?

Early next week. It's really upsetting that Supercell greed is showing and they still won't allow you to use your heroes for war while they're upgrading. Next to impossible to be competitive in war if your heroes are out for 7 days after level 15+

The change to elixir only able to upgrade lvl 9+ walls is lame. Glad I made the most out of it while I could!

However, I am super excited about getting a DE Drill at TH7! So overall I am OK with this update.

Early next week. It's really upsetting that Supercell greed is showing and they still won't allow you to use your heroes for war while they're upgrading. Next to impossible to be competitive in war if your heroes are out for 7 days after level 15+

Between that and the spell factory upgrades killing your spells, not sure which is worse, probably the king since there are so many friggin levels to climb. Or be a schmuck that buys gems for it. No idea other than greed why the king/queen upgrades are treated differently than he lab upgrades for units.

Update is live, I eeked out another 6 purple walls but not sure how I will keep my builders busy tonight, I have 3 coming on line and the lab and a war starting, lot to do with no real elixir buffer. At work now so can't check again, do not like the graphical change to the unit rankings, I liked the stars but I guess they are getting to be too many.

Any tips on finding a good clan to join? I am TH4 about the upgrade to TH5. Just started a couple days ago.

When searching for clans, pay attention to donation numbers. Don't join a clan that has poor donations. You need everyone to be active.

When you join a clan, donate your ass off to show that you are a team player. If the clan doesn't seam very active then leave and find another.

JesseZao

Update is live, I eeked out another 6 purple walls but not sure how I will keep my builders busy tonight, I have 3 coming on line and the lab and a war starting, lot to do with no real elixir buffer. At work now so can't check again, do not like the graphical change to the unit rankings, I liked the stars but I guess they are getting to be too many.

Yeah, I liked the stars better. They should make the number be inside a yellow or pink star instead of a grey block.

JesseZao

Yeah super cell I'd trying to make everyone into a gemer.

There are a lot of achievements that award a good number of gems. Mostly, it's going to take time. I've been playing the game for a long time. I did drop $20 for the fifth builder, but I'll never need to again. I'm getting a good stream from clearing trees/etc. and getting big achievements Every other week. Just got a 200 gem one from Clan War stars the other day.

It really hasn't felt like a grind and I can play pretty casually. I just got a bunch of new things to build at TH8 so I get to delay 9/10 a bit longer and enjoy my max base.

Don't waste gems on resources directly. Get your builders with them and then use them to boost production of barracks to raid enough to get your builders working again. I just play in spurts.

Yeah I've never felt the need to buy gems. I think Supercell has done a very fair job with their F2P model. All you need is patience and you can achieve almost anything you want. Are you gonna be at the top of the Champion league? No, of course not. That's really only for super dedicated white whales. But you can still be very successful without paying a dime. I saved up the gems (from achievements, gem boxes, and removing obstacles) to have 3 builders by TH6. I'm late TH7 now and I have 774 gems saved up again. I'm debating saving up 1,000 for a 4th builder or just spending them to buy Barbarian King. But this new update means I get a DE Drill now, so maybe that isn't necessary.

Nuklear

Banned
There wasn't supposed to be any wars this week. I'm busy tomorrow and already blew all my elixir can crap on upgrades.

Ugh. This again.

If you want to take a break I am fine with that. However, deciding on no wars then not telling all the people who can start them seems...... Silly.

If you decide the clan is off for a while post it here, or send in game mail.

This is the second time this has happened....

Arondight

The change to elixir only able to upgrade lvl 9+ walls is lame. Glad I made the most out of it while I could!

However, I am super excited about getting a DE Drill at TH7! So overall I am OK with this update.

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in that choice. Glad I maxed my purple walls in TH7 before the update happened. Sadly, it's going to take a long time to upgrade them at TH8. TH7 is so easy to get resources and feel like TH8 is going to be a slog for a while.

With the later, I'm even sadder that now I'm TH8 just recently. At least I have two drills. Maxed one already and just building the other now.

Also glad about the mine and collecter upgrades.

Nuklear

Banned
Yeah dane asked for a war break and most people agreed.

I thought about sending a mail and I didn't oh well. Ocho was the one initiating the wars but he left and I picked up the tab last week and I held off this week because of the chat. This game isn't life or death. Even if we lose we still get bonus resources so there really sin't that much of a downside to starting a war.

red13th

yeah I'm trying to rush some Dragons but I don't have enough elixir, just spend it all on the DE Drill. I think I'll be able to get an attack in later.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Was initially sad about the elixir wall upgrade thing, but I was most of the way to upgrading all my walls to skulls anyway. Still, the extra demands on my gold got me questioning whether I wanted to keep grinding and whether now was a good time to bow out of the game.

I totally missed that collectors now have another level though and am happily spending my built up elixir upgrading all my gold mines which in turn will make stockpiling gold easier. You have me for another few months Supercell.

Top Bottom