• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash of Clans |OT|

gutshot

I keep getting bumped up in trophy rank by defensive victories (damn all these people who ignore my undefended Town Hall!) so I've been getting raided more often and by much more formidable opponents. Some of them use a variety of troops to take down my defenses. The most successful had usually been people who used a combination of Lightning + Giants, Wall Breakers, Archers, Goblins, and some Barbarians/Balloons/Wizards. As a low-to-mid range TH5 that's a bit too much for my defense to handle, so I usually lose around 5-15k gold and elixir per raid before my towers finally stop their troops. It's pretty disheartening but I can recover from it. But the worst one by far happened the other night, and I was shocked because it was only with 35 Barbarians, 40 Archers, and 40 Goblins. I've dealt with those troops before and it wasn't a huge deal, but this one just crushed me. I lost over 60k gold and elixir from that raid. That was a tough pill to swallow. And then right after that a guy stole over 57k gold with a raid of 111 barbarians and 1 Wizard. It seems that just zerg-rushing my base with a shit ton of troops brings more success than by using the more clever methods that I saw earlier.

Zerg rushing works pretty well at lower levels since you don't have much splash damage yet. Once you get at higher TH levels and have 3 mortars and 3 wizard towers, those zerg armies tend to get torn up before making it very far into your base. Always look to upgrade your splash damage first to help stave off those attacks as best you can.

Ahhhhhh Clash of Clans ahhhhhhh..... I was a sucker for this game at one time. I was a Champion and would bounce between Quantum's Web, Ice Ice Baby and Korrupted Khan. Now I am retired and have my friend running my account. I think my account is currently the Leader of Ice My Coc lol... I should login and hijack my account back lol

^ Damn, isn't Quantum Web the highest ranked guild? You must have been pretty dedicated lol.

Zerg rushing works pretty well at lower levels since you don't have much splash damage yet. Once you get at higher TH levels and have 3 mortars and 3 wizard towers, those zerg armies tend to get torn up before making it very far into your base. Always look to upgrade your splash damage first to help stave off those attacks as best you can.

Ok thanks. I started upgrading my Mortar after I read this post. I have like 97k gold left after upgrading some of my walls so it's gonna take a little while to save up the 360k to upgrade my Wizard Tower to level 2, but I'll go for that next.

My base got 95% destroyed by a raid last night. Thankfully I had just spent most of my gold and elixir on stuff so they didn't get too much loot out of it lol.

I googled "Zerg Rush"

That was fun

Haha, I forgot about that easter egg.

It looks like I'm still a master even though I haven't played in months lol
7EA698AD-A6F0-46A9-8B52-2556F4F6E658_zpswd4kibho.png

Sickness whats up.

I was in a meeting at work when you joined

Not much, I was just reading this thread and saw your clan name mentioned a few times so I figured I'd drop by to say whats up. Hope your clanmates aren't mad that I clan hopped.... I did drop some troops before I left though, so I hope it's cool.

KiteGr

I mostly play Castle Clash.

It's a clone that somehow surpassed the original...
Don't know of any recent updates on Clash of Clans though.
Maybe I should give it another try. Preferring the clone from the original is kind of sad.

Not much, I was just reading this thread and saw your clan name mentioned a few times so I figured I'd drop by to say whats up. Hope your clanmates aren't mad that I clan hopped.... I did drop some troops before I left though, so I hope it's cool.

Theres hellfire and brimstone going down now cause an Elder (who is strictly NOT ALLOWED TO BOOT PEOPLE) booted someone to get you in. LOL

But its all good.

Theres hellfire and brimstone going down now cause an Elder (who is strictly NOT ALLOWED TO BOOT PEOPLE) booted someone to get you in. LOL

But its all good.

When I did a clan search for you guys it said you had 49 people so I didn't think anyone needed to get the boot lol

Edit:

Actually if you look at my screen cap I was accepted without someone getting booted so the elder should be ok lol

Maybe I should give it another try. Preferring the clone from the original is kind of sad.

I just looked up Castle Clash and it looks cool. I know a lot of people who left to Samurai Siege but have slowly made their way back to coc...

It's crazy that I quit because of all the expensive ass updates but now I see they slowed down with all the updates... I guess they realized they were losing people over it.

I just looked up Castle Clash and it looks cool. I know a lot of people who left to Samurai Siege but have slowly made their way back to coc...

It's crazy that I quit because of all the expensive ass updates but now I see they slowed down with all the updates... I guess they realized they were losing people over it.

Yeah, there hasn't been a new defensive building or town hall in a long time.

But everyone rushes Town Halls anyway so I dont know what they are complaning about with upgrades.

The major problem in this game, as much as i love this game, is the loot in TH9 and TH10. Its a huge problem.

Yeah, there hasn't been a new defensive building or town hall in a long time.

But everyone rushes Town Halls anyway so I dont know what they are complaning about with upgrades.

The major problem in this game, as much as i love this game, is the loot in TH9 and TH10. Its a huge problem.

It's all money at that point, you have to buy everything unless you farm

It's all money at that point, you have to buy everything unless you farm

Farming still doesn't get it done.

I'm making decent money in TH9 but dreading going into th10.

But I don't make nearly as much money as I made when I was in TH7 and TH8. And upgrades are significantly more money. Doesn't make sense. I should be making more now, or at least the same. Not less.

Farming still doesn't get it done.

I'm making decent money in TH9 but dreading going into th10.

But I don't make nearly as much money as I made when I was in TH7 and TH8. And upgrades are significantly more money. Doesn't make sense. I should be making more now, or at least the same. Not less.

It's okay, I've been able to rack up some nice loot farming up here. The trick is to find the fools who upgraded their TH's too quick. They usually get caught with a lot of gold because they are trying to upgrade everything

I just downloaded Castle Clash, I'll try Samurai Siege next. I need another game to play because of those days where I have a long shield so I do nothing but build stuff. Not much to do on those days, so having another CoC-like game would be perfect to split my time.

I just downloaded Castle Clash, I'll try Samurai Siege next. I need another game to play because of those days where I have a long shield so I do nothing but build stuff. Not much to do on those days, so having another CoC-like game would be perfect to split my time.

Supercell also has another game called Boom Beach that people seem to like, I haven't tried it though.

I just downloaded it also. I'l fart around on it every once in a while.

Are you on Android or iOS ?

Luap, you need to hurry up and get your troops/village up in CoC so you can join our clan. You seem like you have a good grasp on this game and a solid head on your shoulders.

One thing I've noticed right off the bat is that Castle Clash's HUD is less intuitive than CoC's and I feel that CoC has overall cleaner graphics, though Castle Clash does have some nice artwork. I was going to state a major criticism that Castle Clash doesn't have a tutorial for beginners, but when I logged in for the second time all the sudden a beginner tutorial popped up lol. It was similar to CoC's, so no complaints there. One stark difference I've noticed from my limited research is that apparently you are always supposed to level up your Town Hall ASAP, while rushing your Town Hall is a huge mistake in CoC. KiteGr maybe you can comment on this.

I just downloaded it also. I'l fart around on it every once in a while.

Are you on Android or iOS ?

Luap, you need to hurry up and get your troops/village up in CoC so you can join our clan. You seem like you have a good grasp on this game and a solid head on your shoulders.

I'm on iOS. Haha I am working on it. I refuse to spend money on this game (I actually disabled in-app purchases on my iPhone) so I'm doing everything the long way. Thankfully last night I finally got enough gems from achievements to get a third builder! So that was a major victory for me.

As a TH5, what should my priorities be? I upgraded my mortar due to gutshot's suggestion. My walls are still pretty low level (mostly level 3 with some level 4's on the interior). My gold/elixir mines range from level 7 to 9, so those are pretty good. My barracks is max level for TH5 so I have Wizards, though they seem kinda overpriced for their effectiveness IMO. Barbarians + Archers has been working pretty well for me.

I'm on iOS. Haha I am working on it. I refuse to spend money on this game (I actually disabled in-app purchases on my iPhone) so I'm doing everything the long way. Thankfully last night I finally got enough gems from achievements to get a third builder! So that was a major victory for me.

As a TH5, what should my priorities be? I upgraded my mortar due to gutshot's suggestion. My walls are still pretty low level (mostly level 3 with some level 4's on the interior). My gold/elixir mines range from level 7 to 9, so those are pretty good. My barracks is max level for TH5 so I have Wizards, though they seem kinda overpriced for their effectiveness IMO. Barbarians + Archers has been working pretty well for me.

If you EVER were to treat yourself and splurge, the thing thats most worth it to buy would be the 4th builder. You can earn about half the gems for it, but you will probably have to come out of pocket for the rest.

At TH5, I'd say, yes your mortar is your priority, keep it in a good centralized location due to its range and its blind spot.

Barching (raiding with barbs and archers) will always be your most cost effective and lucrative army. Fast turn around time and gets the job done efficiently.

So just focus on upgrading one splash damage defense and one single shot defense at a time and then use the third builder for barracks, walls, army camp, etc.

The pumps and mines are up to you. I stopped when they got to about level 9. But I do wish I maxed them early, no way i'm spending that time on them now.

Was surprised to see this OT since the game has a bad rap around here. I'm TH7 now and can already see what's inevitably coming in the near future--me dropping out because I'll be forced to spend money to advance any further.

No way they'll change the formula though, it makes them way too much bank.

Was surprised to see this OT since the game has a bad rap around here. I'm TH7 now and can already see what's inevitably coming in the near future--me dropping out because I'll be forced to spend money to advance any further.

This damn game deserves all the bad rap it gets lol... Okay, maybe not but it was super addictive and expensive while I was playing. I wasn't a big spender, as you can see my bases isn't even close to being maxed out but I would spend on troop upgrades.

You only need to spend money to succeed in TH10.

I am almost through TH9, and I've spent money on the game but I didn't need to. It was because you know, peer pressure, friends IRL that are in your clan gaining on you, wanting to be better, etc.

But you can play this game just fine without spending money. If you know you are the spending money kind of player to gain a competitive edge.... then yeah you're fucked. Hide your wallet.

gutshot

I'm TH8 and I haven't spent any actual money yet. I did use $5 in credits to replenish my gems after I bought my 4th builder, but I'm not counting that. ;)

You absolutely can save up enough gems for that 4th builder though. You just have to never spend any and keep clearing mushrooms and trunks and anything else that pops up. Between the gems you get from clearing stuff and completing achievements, you can eventually hit 1k. It may take a while, but it is possible.

That 5th builder though... I'll probably have to spend money for him.

You only need to spend money to succeed in TH10.

I am almost through TH9, and I've spent money on the game but I didn't need to. It was because you know, peer pressure, friends IRL that are in your clan gaining on you, wanting to be better, etc.

But you can play this game just fine without spending money. If you know you are the spending money kind of player to gain a competitive edge.... then yeah you're fucked. Hide your wallet.
Yeah, the competitive nature of being in a clan on the rise is nuts. I was in a clan that went from nobodies to top 100 before we split up. It got crazy, people were dropping hundreds a week to keep up with the big dogs.
Once I got in with a top clan it was over, there was no way I was going to keep up. I knew dudes who would spend thousands per update just to have max everything on day one.
People had tricks on cheap gems though.... Some people would trade gc login info and buy coanmates gems from other countries that had great exchange rates. Some dude did this, didn't pay the dude the full amount for his gems and got his account hijacked! The dude was stupid enough to not change his gc password so the gem buyer dropped the dudes trophies from 3800 trophies to 500 over night. At the time the dude was ranked top 50 in the world... This was one of the things that made me step away from the game, shit got crazy..

Ohhhh, one last thing! Believe it of not there are coc groupies who get really crazy for people at the top. I would receive sooo many kik and wechat nudies from all kinds of girls (catfish too lol). I'd always ask for them to write a personalized message and take a picture with it to weed out the fakes. That part of coc was probably the most fun, clowning and flirting lol some fun memories for sure

kaiiri

Yeah, the competitive nature of being in a clan on the rise is nuts. I was in a clan that went from nobodies to top 100 before we split up. It got crazy, people were dropping hundreds a week to keep up with the big dogs.
Once I got in with a top clan it was over, there was no way I was going to keep up. I knew dudes who would spend thousands per update just to have max everything on day one.
People had tricks on cheap gems though.... Some people would trade gc login info and buy coanmates gems from other countries that had great exchange rates. Some dude did this, didn't pay the dude the full amount for his gems and got his account hijacked! The dude was stupid enough to not change his gc password so the gem buyer dropped the dudes trophies from 3800 trophies to 500 over night. At the time the dude was ranked top 50 in the world... This was one of the things that made me step away from the game, shit got crazy..

Ohhhh, one last thing! Believe it of not there are coc groupies who get really crazy for people at the top. I would receive sooo many kik and wechat nudies from all kinds of girls (catfish too lol). I'd always ask for them to write a personalized message and take a picture with it to weed out the fakes. That part of coc was probably the most fun, clowning and flirting lol some fun memories for sure

tho my clan isn't anywhere near being top 100 or anything. the pressure of clan wars is definitely something that effecting our clan. the problem for us is that I feel my leader struts the line between wanting to be a "casual clan" vs "a clan wars oriented" one. so we're constantly nagging at people to fix their CW bases, yet don't kick out people who don't listen. then we lose easy battles cause 1/4th of the clan has bad CW bases (cc easily lureable or th's near outer ring wall) ... it's getting really taxing.

on a personal note level 9 walls and hero upgrading are taking foreeeever! >_<

I play this game daily, haven't and will not spend a dime on it however.

Currently early TH7 so I am gonna need to redesign my base fairly soon just upgrading stuff in the meantime today my clan lost our first war after a 7 win streak feels bad man :(

Welp. I'm taking a break from this game. Sorry to abandon you gutshot but I'm just really frustrated.

This game has been a monumental success for the developers. They've managed to create a great world with diverse troops and buildings and a great multiplayer component. Add on top of that Clan Wars and its a home run.

The problem with the game is how it functions when you get late in the game.

Some thoughts:

- Loot. Loot becomes a glaring issue when you get to Town Hall 9. The only "logical" way to make money in this game is to collector raid... all the time. Cooking Giants/Wizards/Dragons/Hogs armies take too long and are not cost effective. In order to take down a fully defended Town Hall 9 you need (with any confidence that you'll win) you need a hog army. This will cost you upwards of 2000 dark elixir to train and the chances of you getting that much back from that fight is slim to none. How about an all Dragon army? That going to take you 2+ hours to make and about 300K elixir. You will probably make that back if you search long enough. But now you are breaking even on elixir every 2+ hours of fighting. This leaves everyone to just collector raid in Gold 1 league. After months and months of this it gets very tiresome and boring.

- Wait Times. Again, I understand this completely. If I want the highest Wizard Tower in the game I should have to wait 14 days to get it. Its the best in the game. And there are enough things to upgrade between offense and defense that your builders can be evenly spread out.

---- The problem that was the icing on the cake yesterday when I blacked out, is the Hero upgrades. My queen is a level 11. I had enough dark elixir to get her to level 12. So how long am I without my Queen while she's upgrading.... 5 Days and 12 Hours. That is truly unacceptable. Each upgrade level adds 12 hours. So a level 15 Archer Queen takes 7 days to upgrade. THATS THE MAX. So from level 15 up until level 40 I have to wait the same down time for the upgrade. This is a HUGE FAIL.

This is a massive problem. Heroes are arguably the most important part of the game in TH9 and TH10. You NEED these two heroes. And to have them down for 7 days at a time is ridiculous. By the time the 7 days is up for the queen, I'll have the money for the king upgrade.... so I'll NEVER have both of my heroes again?

And on top of that... why should I (at level 15 Queen) wait the same time for their level 16 Queen that someone who is waiting for their level 40 Queen? This mechanism/balancing needs to be addressed.

At least give me my heroes for Offense on War Day as well as the defense that they already give us.

- Lastly, Hogs. Hog Riders with Heal Spells are unstoppable through Town Hall 9. The only thing that can stop them are Inferno Towers and you don't get them until Town Hall 10. So this means that anyone, at ANY TIME can roll through ANY Town Hall 9 with level 5 hogs and heals spells. This is another huge fail.

So here is where I'm at:

- I'm about 80-85% through Town Hall 9. So I have two options: Stay in Town Hall 9 and continue to upgrade my defenses until they are maxed (like you should and because the loot is even shittier in Town Hal 10) and continue to get raped by Hogs and Heal Spells..... OR......Just go to Town Hall 10 now, throw up the inferno towers and deal with the shitty loot while I catch the rest of my defenses up.

I'm leaning towards the latter because I've put a lot of hours and money into this game to have a group of hogs come through and stomp on my base. Throwing up Infernos in TH10 will immediately throw my base up to the number 2 best base in the clan, since my other clan mates are rushed TH10s. If I do come back to this game that is what I will be doing.

But that still doesn't solve my heroes problem. I don't know. Stuff to think about.

gutshot

Yeah, that was kind of a shock. I knew you had said you may quit soon, but didn't think it would be so sudden. I understand where you are coming from though. The wait times can be super frustrating.

I think having to wait while your hero upgrades is a mistake. No other offensive troop is completely taken out of the game while you upgrade them. Hero upgrades should be instant. Or at the very least, you should still be able to use them for offense but not defense.

I agree that hogs are way, way OP. They need to be nerfed in a big way. They are like giants except faster and they can ignore walls. Every other troop that can ignore walls has a huge disadvantage in other areas (real slow, low HP). That is how you balance troops. Of course, it makes it even worse that the one defense that can really hurt a hog army isn't attainable until TH10.

Hopefully these things will be fixed in a future patch by Supercell.

PS Any chance you could use your last war attack? We really need it right now. :/

Yeah, that was kind of a shock. I knew you had said you may quit soon, but didn't think it would be so sudden. I understand where you are coming from though. The wait times can be super frustrating.

I think having to wait while your hero upgrades is a mistake. No other offensive troop is completely taken out of the game while you upgrade them. Hero upgrades should be instant. Or at the very least, you should still be able to use them for offense but not defense.

I agree that hogs are way, way OP. They need to be nerfed in a big way. They are like giants except faster and they can ignore walls. Every other troop that can ignore walls has a huge disadvantage in other areas (real slow, low HP). That is how you balance troops. Of course, it makes it even worse that the one defense that can really hurt a hog army isn't attainable until TH10.

Hopefully these things will be fixed in a future patch by Supercell.

PS Any chance you could use your last war attack? We really need it right now. :/

Says I'm ineligible for war. I dont think I could fight if I hopped back in.

I spoke to my brother this morning and he said you guys had a good lead.

gutshot

Says I'm ineligible for war. I dont think I could fight if I hopped back in.

I spoke to my brother this morning and he said you guys had a good lead.

We ended up losing by 1. Sucks because I used 100 gems to get my last attack in on time but it wasn't enough.

Who's your brother?

Phades

One stark difference I've noticed from my limited research is that apparently you are always supposed to level up your Town Hall ASAP, while rushing your Town Hall is a huge mistake in CoC. KiteGr maybe you can comment on this.

It is more about your calculated might value opposed to your Castle, so upgrading things like your barracks will get you to start butting heads with stronger people sooner.

However, if you don't push your might up, then you can/will be at a disadvantage in the arena. Although that is far more heavily biased by which units are brought in with the seasonal ones and the demon chick being fundamentally broken. On the plus side though, they introduced ways to obtain things like the druid and thunder god outside of random pulls or expensive targeted purchases, which helps a bit.

Sorry to hear about your frustrations Victory Red. But yeah, it just sounds like you're burned out. It happened to me with TF2, Smite, Dota 2, WoW, CounterStrike — basically every game I really got into. I've found that taking a break and playing other games really helps with burnout, because I'll eventually return to the game with a more casual approach after the break, which makes it easier to have fun because you are no longer so invested in it. I've done it several times with all of those games I mentioned above.

It is more about your calculated might value opposed to your Castle, so upgrading things like your barracks will get you to start butting heads with stronger people sooner.

However, if you don't push your might up, then you can/will be at a disadvantage in the arena. Although that is far more heavily biased by which units are brought in with the seasonal ones and the demon chick being fundamentally broken. On the plus side though, they introduced ways to obtain things like the druid and thunder god outside of random pulls or expensive targeted purchases, which helps a bit.

Thanks. I've been having a lot of fun with Castle Clash. Raiding is so much faster and easier compared to Clash of Clans, so it's nice to play while I'm in-between raids or during shield time. I wish I had researched the Might system a little more before I started. I upgraded all my troops to level 2 as soon as I could, and I upgraded all of my buildings to level 4-5 and my barracks to level 6 before I realized that this was causing me to get matched up against stronger opponents in raids. Thankfully I got my act together and I've been watching my Might very carefully ever since. I decided to focus on leveling Pyromancers only, because I hear the Dragon troops are really good. My level 4 Pyros have been absolutely steamrolling in raids, I think I've only been defeated once in like 100 raids. Tonight I will finish leveling them to 5 so I'll unlock the Griffins. Sadly I've gotten pretty mediocre heroes from gem rolls so far, but I guess that's to be expected. My 5 heroes are: Executioner, Frost Witch, Pain-Da, Assassin, and Werewolf.

Sorry to hear about your frustrations Victory Red. But yeah, it just sounds like you're burned out. It happened to me with TF2, Smite, Dota 2, WoW, CounterStrike — basically every game I really got into. I've found that taking a break and playing other games really helps with burnout, because I'll eventually return to the game with a more casual approach after the break, which makes it easier to have fun because you are no longer so invested in it. I've done it several times with all of those games I mentioned above.

Thanks. I've been having a lot of fun with Castle Clash. Raiding is so much faster and easier compared to Clash of Clans, so it's nice to play while I'm in-between raids or during shield time. I wish I had researched the Might system a little more before I started. I upgraded all my troops to level 2 as soon as I could, and I upgraded all of my buildings to level 4-5 and my barracks to level 6 before I realized that this was causing me to get matched up against stronger opponents in raids. Thankfully I got my act together and I've been watching my Might very carefully ever since. I decided to focus on leveling Pyromancers only, because I hear the Dragon troops are really good. My level 4 Pyros have been absolutely steamrolling in raids, I think I've only been defeated once in like 100 raids. Tonight I will finish leveling them to 5 so I'll unlock the Griffins. Sadly I've gotten pretty mediocre heroes from gem rolls so far, but I guess that's to be expected. My 5 heroes are: Executioner, Frost Witch, Pain-Da, Assassin, and Werewolf.

Well said.

I'm gonna tone down on the amount that I play. i'm done grinding all day and night for walls. Gonna raid when I need money for upgrades and thats it. Hopefully it will lead to more enjoyment from the game.

Phades

Thankfully I got my act together and I've been watching my Might very carefully ever since. I decided to focus on leveling Pyromancers only, because I hear the Dragon troops are really good. My level 4 Pyros have been absolutely steamrolling in raids, I think I've only been defeated once in like 100 raids. Tonight I will finish leveling them to 5 so I'll unlock the Griffins. Sadly I've gotten pretty mediocre heroes from gem rolls so far, but I guess that's to be expected. My 5 heroes are: Executioner, Frost Witch, Pain-Da, Assassin, and Werewolf.

Turret type and placement is huge and the flying ability (griffin/dragon/select heros) also invalidates certain things in the game like walls which bias people towards them. For example, you can build your walls in such a way that enemies will try to target what is behind them instead of the walls themselves. As such, they will wander around the deliberate path you leave open for them (proper design assumed), where your turrets, heroes and whatever else you have will pummel them while they walk stupidly towards that target instead of defending themselves (or rather the wall which if penetrated would have spared them a lot of hurt in the process). Alternatively, if they fly, they just skip past all that stupidity entirely, while also being immune to bomb traps and mortar style turrets.

Pay attention to the daily rewards tab (gift box icon in the upper left with an ! mark). It will give you a druid at the end, along with frost witch, paladin, and pain-da. Druid is a good sustain unit, which also buffs their attacks. You will also need more heroes than your hero bases will allow for, since you will be able to garrison those troops inside the turrets for additional bonuses. Garrisoned troops will also earn exp when you do your town raid challenge events (next to the daily quest board with the swirly cave). Those events are the best exp you can have for your heros, but any normal troop casualties will carry over and you will spend your mana to bring them back just like if they died in a quest dungeon or raid. If you complete the challenge quest, you will get the green shards, which will help you buy more slimes to feed to your heros to improve their skills. This is important, since skills + hero level is calculated to their combat value when garrisoned inside a tower turret (this becomes available after you level up the towers to the point where you can pick specialized versions of them with the mortar style turret, multi-hit tesla coil style one, or the upgraded standard version).

tho my clan isn't anywhere near being top 100 or anything. the pressure of clan wars is definitely something that effecting our clan. the problem for us is that I feel my leader struts the line between wanting to be a "casual clan" vs "a clan wars oriented" one. so we're constantly nagging at people to fix their CW bases, yet don't kick out people who don't listen. then we lose easy battles cause 1/4th of the clan has bad CW bases (cc easily lureable or th's near outer ring wall) ... it's getting really taxing.

on a personal note level 9 walls and hero upgrading are taking foreeeever! >_<

Maybe you need a new clan. That's the reason my old clan failed, the leader was always stuck between pushing for trophies and farming. He would start a trophy push but some players didn't care and would leave their clan castles outside. We would complain but he would let people do it because he wanted a full clan. IT wasn't fare to those of us who were pushing for cups.

Well said.

I'm gonna tone down on the amount that I play. i'm done grinding all day and night for walls. Gonna raid when I need money for upgrades and thats it. Hopefully it will lead to more enjoyment from the game.
That's your problem right there. I quit upgrading walls a long time ago and was still able to maintain champ. Once you get to a certain level people will use jump spells or hogs and your walls are useless anyway. Best thing to upgrade is your defense and troops.

TheGamer

Here is a current layout of my base. I'm almost maxed out for TH8.

y8HlWfS.png

About four months later, my base currently looks like this:

I have yet to be 3 starred with this base layout. The most this base has been destroyed is around 74%. It is also easy to swamp to farming, by removing the TH and placing a DE drill in the middle.

Well, now that we have all (most of?) the info on the upcoming update, here's what we can expect:

- Hidden Tesla Level 8

- Valkrie - She now maximized her splash damage by positioning herself "in-between" buildings instead of just standing in front of one building.

- Now able to re-arm all traps, reload Xbow and Inferno by pressing a new button that will show when you select the town hall

- Jump Spell - Now ALL troops on the map will know that a jump spell was dropped, so even if your giants are outside of the jump spell's radius, they will know its there, so if it changes their AI (the jump spell presented a more advantageous route to a defense) they will re-direct and head through the jump spell.

- Troops now work together on specific wall pieces.

- P.E.K.K.A. - Now comes in level 5 form.

- Hog Riders now take more damage from Giant Bombs. Unknown how much more

- Ability to type longer clain mail messages

- LIVE REPLAY: Watch Clan Wars matches live.

- HEROES
--- Cannot be lured all the way out to the corner. They have a grid that they will stay in around their altar.
--- Lower levels get HP/DPS boost.
--- Higher levels get HP/DPS nerf.
--- Focus is now on their Ability.
------- Twice as many troops are summoned
------- Heroes regen approx. 40% of health when their ability is activated
------- Queen now shoots more powerful flaming arrows in ability

Pretty huge update.

They say "just around the corner."

Unorthodox Monk

Neo Member
If anyone's looking for a clan feel free to check out 'Death by Demon', black & white logo, 29/50 members, required trophies 1000. The top player's name is Lasch.

Adult leadership ranging in age from 20s-40s, active donations, coordinated clan war every Saturday. Our website's Death by Demon.

It's a good clan for newer players. I'd say the average's TH7 with lv3-4 troops. My in-game name is Monk.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I always wanted to try this game, as I've been really into some other similar "build, wait & war" games (as I call them). My problem with those other games, and ultimately why I left, is that I felt like I had to always be paying attention to the game, lest my base and troops and resources get demolished by some unforeseen attack from an enemy. Even when I get really strong, there's always someone else who spend $1000 and just pushes me back a week or 2 with one attack. I just can't monitor the game 24/7...

Anyway, is that how this game is? I do miss the camaraderie of my old team and the wars we'd get into, so I might look into this.

Top Bottom