• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash of Clans |OT|

It's the 2nd anniversary, so as a gift, you can boost for a whole week your gold mines/elixir collectors for 1 gem only!

Figure that this would be right as I start my Town Hall lvl 6 upgrade, with everything else already maxed.

Now I can boost a bunch of resources to get stolen QQ

Join my clan guys.

KOTB [Kings of the Battlefield]

My username is Khaifay_Jayy

Currently sitting at 16 members, but I'd love to have you guys join in with me.

*Joins new clan that is open to everyone I am about the middle of the pack as far as trophies go.*

*Donates troops to a few people, and requests some for me.*

"Sorry you have been kicked and banned from the clan."

gutshot

Was it a clan that was recruiting in Global? Those are pretty much the worst.

You should join Jayy's clan. They seem like good people.

*Joins new clan that is open to everyone I am about the middle of the pack as far as trophies go.*

*Donates troops to a few people, and requests some for me.*

"Sorry you have been kicked and banned from the clan."

People get kicked from my clan for this shit cos they keep donating the wrong troops and requesting ridiculously.

Anyone wanna join my clan quote me. Looking for TH8+. Do regular wars. At least once a week but now we're trying out twice. Both in the weekend.

People get kicked from my clan for this shit cos they keep donating the wrong troops and requesting ridiculously.

Anyone wanna join my clan quote me. Looking for TH8+. Do regular wars. At least once a week but now we're trying out twice. Both in the weekend.

I always check to make sure that the clan has people around my level. Plus I always inspect before giving troops to make sure that I am not giving my mid level troops to high level plays.

In short... they were being dicks.

I always check to make sure that the clan has people around my level. Plus I always inspect before giving troops to make sure that I am not giving my mid level troops to high level plays.

In short... they were being dicks.

Fair enough. Clans can be assholes. Especially if run by 12 year olds.

elty

Balloon, wizard and goblin - out of those three which one should I upgrade? I currently don't use any of them (TH5 only) but have some elixir lying around.

JesseZao

Balloon, wizard and goblin - out of those three which one should I upgrade? I currently don't use any of them (TH5 only) but have some elixir lying around.

Goblins are very useful for resource farming sessions. Balloons are niche. Wizards will be useful, but later on.

TH6 is definitely the least fun level so far. You don't get very many new buildings or defenses, the level 4 laboratory doesn't upgrade Barbs or Archers, and worst of all I am constantly getting 100% wiped by TH7s using Giants + Healers, and the occasional Dragon. Having only one Air Defense really isn't cutting it anymore.

That said, I'm getting close to maxing all my buildings. I can't wait until TH7. I might even skip upgrading my walls (I have all lvl 5 gold walls) and go straight for the Town Hall upgrade in a few days once I finish upgrading my last Barracks and I gather the 1.2 million gold necessary. I usually like to max everything before moving on but I'm tired of getting curb stomped by TH7s.

TH6 is definitely the least fun level so far. You don't get very many new buildings or defenses, the level 4 laboratory doesn't upgrade Barbs or Archers, and worst of all I am constantly getting 100% wiped by TH7s using Giants + Healers, and the occasional Dragon. Having only one Air Defense really isn't cutting it anymore.

That said, I'm getting close to maxing all my buildings. I can't wait until TH7. I might even skip upgrading my walls (I have all lvl 5 gold walls) and go straight for the Town Hall upgrade in a few days once I finish upgrading my last Barracks and I gather the 1.2 million gold necessary. I usually like to max everything before moving on but I'm tired of getting curb stomped by TH7s.

You're gonna get over maxing walls real fast. It's not worth it.

If all your defenses are maxed and your walls are gold then u r good to go to th7.

Town Hall 7 is the funnest in the game. Giant healer all day every day

^ Hell yeah that's why I can't wait. And mass dragons. I think I'm actually gonna stay at TH7 for the foreseeable future, since everyone says TH8 and above get really grindy. So since I'm gonna be TH7 for a while, I'll probably have the time to max all my walls then. But those will definitely be my last priority.

Thanks to the 7 day cheap boost, I'm blowing right through TH6.

Oh snap I completely forgot about that. I just boosted all my collectors. Thank god I didn't miss it.

JesseZao

Oh snap I completely forgot about that. I just boosted all my collectors. Thank god I didn't miss it.

That wouldn't have been a big loss. Missing out on raiding all the fat bases from other people having boosted collectors on the other hand...

That wouldn't have been a big loss. Missing out on raiding all the fat bases from other people having boosted collectors on the other hand...

Heheh, I got so lucky last night. I had like 35k sitting in each collector but someone decided to only snipe my TH and leave my loot untouched. I really needed the gold to start my Town Hall upgrade so I was stoked that my base didn't get wiped.

On my way to TH7.

While I love Giant/Healer it is horrible for farming gold/elixer. Archer/Goblin is so much faster.

So I feel like i am going to miss level 5/6.

^ Also on my way to TH7!

I see posts on the Clash of Clans subreddit where players still use BARCH strategy even in TH7 and TH8, so you can still do Goblin + Archer raids if you want. You'll just have to be more selective with your targets. But if you look for long enough you will almost always find a base with either shit defenses or full collectors (usually relatively unguarded).

^ Also on my way to TH7!

I see posts on the Clash of Clans subreddit where players still use BARCH strategy even in TH7 and TH8, so you can still do Goblin + Archer raids if you want. You'll just have to be more selective with your targets. But if you look for long enough you will almost always find a base with either shit defenses or full collectors (usually relatively unguarded).

I barch in TH10

Finally reached TH7! Woop woop

JEYkzsJ.png

Hoo boy, there is so much to upgrade! It's almost overwhelming, especially compared to TH6. I decided to go with the One Ring farming base, since the creator seemed to put a lot of thought into it. In any case, I expect to get steamrolled for the next week or so.

Finally reached TH7! Woop woop

JEYkzsJ.png

Hoo boy, there is so much to upgrade! It's almost overwhelming, especially compared to TH6. I decided to go with the One Ring farming base, since the creator seemed to put a lot of thought into it. In any case, I expect to get steamrolled for the next week or so.

I would swap the positions of the wizard tower and mortar on the bottom right. Never really a good idea putting a mortar right next to outermost walls.

In other news, TH9 in a few days. And walls are pretty grindy. Got all mine to dark purple. Black are 500k a pop :(

I would swap the positions of the wizard tower and mortar on the bottom right. Never really a good idea putting a mortar right next to outermost walls.

Oh yes, I only did that because the mortar is level 1 and I'm going to be upgrading it tonight. Since it will be useless I figured I'd just leave it near the walls and protect the wizard tower for now.

Nuklear

Banned
Somehow I got myself hooked on this game. /sigh lol

I will prolly give them their $20 for the extra builders. I've gotten at least $20 worth of playing out of this game.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Somehow I got myself hooked on this game. /sigh lol

I will prolly give them their $20 for the extra builders. I've gotten at least $20 worth of playing out of this game.

Am a year and a half into playing and just ground my way to my 5th builder in the last few weeks.

$20 will save you a lot of time and trouble.

I like to think I'm winning the "meta game" against Supercell by refusing to monetize and seeing what they'll do to push me there, but I'm sure I'm losing on every other metric.

Am a year and a half into playing and just ground my way to my 5th builder in the last few weeks.

$20 will save you a lot of time and trouble.

I like to think I'm winning the "meta game" against Supercell by refusing to monetize and seeing what they'll do to push me there, but I'm sure I'm losing on every other metric.

I caved so quick.

FTP games bleed me of money faster than regular games. I am so weak.

Nuklear

Banned
I was playing CCP $15 a month for timed skills in Eve Online so a one time $20 to Supercell is ok but I won't give them anymore. Everything else is pretty easy to get resource wise. I like the raiding part of the game so raiding for resources is very fun for me.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I caved so quick.

FTP games bleed me of money faster than regular games. I am so weak.

To some degree, it's my job not to cave, at least insomuch as I like to see as a learning exercise how other developers evolve upsells and the experience over time to convince me across the monetization line.

Agreed, I have no problem spending money on something that I play a ton.

If you are going to spend money, here are some tips:

1.) BUILDERS: The most important thing to spend money on is to get your 5 builders.

2.) Dark Elixir: Tough to come by (especially if you are a TH7 and want to get your king ranged up. Dark Elixir flows like wine in high Gold I and Crystal III but as a TH7 you can make tons of money sitting in Gold III and Gold II so its a pain to climb just for DE.

3.) Offense: Your defense will never be good enough, so dont' waste any money on speeding up or gemming defensive items. If you are going to gem, gem your research facility

4.) Anything after TH8 is not worth gemming. In the lower and middle town halls gemming things can make a world a difference: (ex. Gemming your King to 5 and then 10 will be extremely helpful.) The only exception is that gemming your Queen to 5 or 10 in TH9 is very reasonable.

After that, the upgrade times and cost of everything will make it nowheres near necessary to gem stuff. When your PEKKA takes two weeks to upgrade.... $40?.... nah i'm good, I'll just wait.

All in all I've spent about $300 on this game. Mainly due to my best friend who also plays and our competitive nature. I got to a maxed TH9 in only about 7 months of playing the game.

Kouriozan

I also bought that 17€ pack for getting all the builders rather early (with some achievements).
Started last month, currently at TH 7.

Lol, I'm gonna stick to my guns. Getting to 1200 gems now and saving for my fifth builder without paying. But I am almost level 90 now with a brand new TH9. This is gonna take a while.

GobFather

Lol, I'm gonna stick to my guns. Getting to 1200 gems now and saving for my fifth builder without paying. But I am almost level 90 now with a brand new TH9. This is gonna take a while.
I'm about to max th10 (other than wall) and honestly I don't see the need for the 5th builder especially after you arrive at th9. It would help pre-th9. Everything at th10 is between 7 to 8 million and although it can take up to 14 days to finish a construction..... I always have at least 2 workers available since gathering the loot takes awhile. I only have 4 workers and it works fine. The better usage of gems would be to gem your barracks. You can go to war after every attack (depending on tier of troop) during that boost. This is the most effective way to gain loot and save time. Especially with all the gem boxes and some from removal of obstacles, I actually have an avg of 250 gems constantly lol

I can't imagine playing without 5 workers. Low level game would be a nightmare without them...

Can't play lvl 9/10 until you get there....

I'm about to max th10 (other than wall) and honestly I don't see the need for the 5th builder especially after you arrive at th9. It would help pre-th9. Everything at th10 is between 7 to 8 million and although it can take up to 14 days to finish a construction..... I always have at least 2 workers available since gathering the loot takes awhile. I only have 4 workers and it works fine. The better usage of gems would be to gem your barracks. You can go to war after every attack (depending on tier of troop) during that boost. This is the most effective way to gain loot and save time. Especially with all the gem boxes and some from removal of obstacles, I actually have an avg of 250 gems constantly lol

Great point, i should have put this in my tips post above.

Especially if you are the type that cannot play all the time, Gemming even one barrack and using barch (barbs and archers) will allow you to almost get right back into a match when you are done with one.

This way you can sit down and play the game for 2hrs and get a lot accomplished.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Great point, i should have put this in my tips post above.

Especially if you are the type that cannot play all the time, Gemming even one barrack and using barch (barbs and archers) will allow you to almost get right back into a match when you are done with one.

This way you can sit down and play the game for 2hrs and get a lot accomplished.

The way I get right back into the action is to predominantly use archers and stack up 40 archers in the build queue before I start searching for a battle.

I tend to choose battles where I can pick up a sacrificial town hall and/or snipe resource collectors with well placed archers and nothing else.

When I'm done and return to my base, any archers I have used will already be regenerated. A full 40 will have been built already if you go the full 3 minutes in battle.

Stack up another set of archers in the build queue, and away you go again.

Yup. I do that also.

Baracks 1 and 3 are always cooking barbs. Barracks 2 and 4 are always cooking archers. If I use my wall breakers in battle I'll clear out the barracks and train 3 WBs in each then back to all barbs and archers.

Top Bottom