• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash of Clans |OT|

I just discovered this game a few weeks ago.
I'm playing with a bunch of friends and we all just started.
I maxed everything except mines on th6 and am now th7.
Right now I have 3 workers and 804gems, so I'm trying to push to 2000 trophys to get the crytal league achievement(250gems).

Is it a good idea to go for 10000 dark elixir on th7?
I rarely see anybody with dark elixir and if they have something it only a few hundret and it so good protected that it'll be very expensive to get it.

Right now I have 3 workers and 804gems, so I'm trying to push to 2000 trophys to get the crytal league achievement(250gems).

I rarely see anybody with dark elixir and if they have something it only a few hundret and it so good protected that it'll be very expensive to get it.

I'd say just work on getting your King to level 5 in TH7, when you get to TH8, the level 5 troops are much better than the level 4's, so you can then push up and have all the dark elixir that you desire.

Its all up to you though. If you want to train big armies and go for trophies then you will collect dark on the way because you will be penetrating bases.

But the best, most efficient way of making money is to just train wall breakers, barbarians, and archers and look for abandoned bases with collectors full.

What is the significance of getting a lvl 5 king?

He has an "ability" that unlocks at level 5. He summons a bunch of barbarians near him and a rage spell that follows him for a few seconds.

At King level 10,20,30,40 the ability gets better.

Same With Archer Queen. She disappears for a few seconds and gains a huge dps boost while also summoning archers.

Booties

Banned

How much did you gem to get to max TH6 in a few weeks?

And ye, get the BK. He's the best. Upgrades are a bitch though. I'm working on getting 15,000 dark drank for lvl 3. I have a max TH 7 but have had the BK for a few weeks now.

We have made a war clan, and our last match was ridiculous. The other side had 40 th 10 and 10 th9. We joked attacked. I made an army of goblins, and my second attack an army of bombers, and i used a jump spell on them :D. It was fun. Some of my clan made an army of healers. We were so outmatched we made the WC a joke lol. We lost over a 100 to 1. One of our clan actually made an effort.

I am maxing lvl 9 TH except t´for the walls. I will only upgrade walls to level 8 before i upgrade TH to level 10. All my other defenses have been upgraded to max (except small bombs and air bombs, and walls). Missing only 2 upgrading cannons to level 11, and all archer towers to level 11.

JoeNut

haha i knew there'd be a C.O.C thread. I'm a bit of a veteran i suppose, been playing since it pretty much started (ive got the 2013 xmas tree!), level 111 now, never spent any real money on the game.
my clan is called British Allies7 and my username is joenut88, feel free to join us if you qualify (over 18, level 80+)
Happy to help anyone if i can, advice etc, although im sure there are higher level people than me on here.

And ye, get the BK. He's the best. Upgrades are a bitch though. I'm working on getting 15,000 dark drank for lvl 3. I have a max TH 7 but have had the BK for a few weeks now.

I didn't buy any gems at all.
I just raid a lot so my storages are always full and I didn't need to waste time upgrading my mines. (with maxed TH6 I meant only def, walls and all the troop upgrades. My mines are all around lv 5 or 6.)
I rushed to TH6 and stayed at around 800-1000 trophys for some time. I could easily farm 4mil gold and 2mil elixir in half a day.
I'm in between semesters right now and I can play at my job, so I have a lot of time.
I don't know exactly when I started, it was mid to end of july I guess.

I also tried to get workers quick so I did all the achievements I could get.
Took me two day to get from 900 trophys to 2000 and that got me another 750 gems (I also found an x-bow to kill on the way) so I have 4 workers now.

Getting dark elixir seems like a real chore though.
I rarely find any dark elixir I can reach and if I find something its only 100 or 200 and I'll lose trophys and the lower my trophy count gets the rarer the dark elixir gets...
I hope dragons will change that. 2 days left until I can make dragons.
Also is it a viable option to just lighting spell big dark elixir storages? Haven't tried it yet because my spell factory is getting upgraded.

Booties

Banned
I didn't buy any gems at all.
I just raid a lot so my storages are always full and I didn't need to waste time upgrading my mines. (with maxed TH6 I meant only def, walls and all the troop upgrades. My mines are all around lv 5 or 6.)
I rushed to TH6 and stayed at around 800-1000 trophys for some time. I could easily farm 4mil gold and 2mil elixir in half a day.
I'm in between semesters right now and I can play at my job, so I have a lot of time.
I don't know exactly when I started, it was mid to end of july I guess.

I also tried to get workers quick so I did all the achievements I could get.
Took me two day to get from 900 trophys to 2000 and that got me another 750 gems (I also found an x-bow to kill on the way) so I have 4 workers now.

Getting dark elixir seems like a real chore though.
I rarely find any dark elixir I can reach and if I find something its only 100 or 200 and I'll lose trophys and the lower my trophy count gets the rarer the dark elixir gets...
I hope dragons will change that. 2 days left until I can make dragons.
Also is it a viable option to just lighting spell big dark elixir storages? Haven't tried it yet because my spell factory is getting upgraded.

That's some serious poopsocking.

Lightneing spell on DE depends on the situation. I usually only drop 3 lvl 4 lightning spells on the DE storage if there is ~2k in it. But you need to pay attention to the collectors. If they are full then I usually ignore the storage and go for the collectors. If the drill is full but in the core of the base, then I use my spells on that and use my army to get the gold/purple collectors + 1 star.

I lightening struck dark elixir in town hall 7 and 8 like crazy. I liked the idea of doing that and sitting at lower trophies for gold/elixir instead of going up to over 1900 where the dark elixir really flows well.

I lightening struck dark elixir in town hall 7 and 8 like crazy. I liked the idea of doing that and sitting at lower trophies for gold/elixir instead of going up to over 1900 where the dark elixir really flows well.

How efficient is this really?

How much DE would someone have before you would hit it with lightning?

How efficient is this really?

How much DE would someone have before you would hit it with lightning?

Depends what you consider "efficient." lol

Since Dark Elixir so hard to come by. I think that spending approx. 60-80k on spells (depending if you have 3 or 4 spells) you can strike about half of what is available in the main storage. Now, this also changes by what level the storage is as the higher storage levels have higher hitpoints thus the lightening spells does less damage and takes less DE.

So, with 3 level 4 lightening spells I would usually get 600-900 dark elixir.

My lightening spells are level 5 now, so 4 of those babies I'll get 1300-1500 every time. So to me thats worth it.

I always bring lightening spells with my while I"m raiding anyway. If not for dark elixir, I'll drop two lightening spells on two of their mortars (since I run Barbs and Archers) and that will help me to get through a good 75% of the base.

Also note... if the base is abandoned and they have level 5 or 6 dark elixir drills that are filled and you cannot get to them with troops... STRIKE THEM. They have very low hitpoints, you can take 100% of whats in those. But its only a significant amount if the drill is a level 5 or 6, since the smaller level drills don't store much.

Hrm. I have always run Rage and Healing.

Maybe I will try out some lightning.

Don't get me wrong, Rage and Healing are great. But thats now how I "Loot."

I'm all about the dirt cheap army and I'll hit the next button as long as it takes to find good loot.

My friends always ask me how I make so much money. I'm a level 94 in the game and have over 600 Million gold stolen. My secret..... NEXT. Hit that mutha fruckin next button. If you are a TH7 or TH8 there is buckets and buckets of money out there just sitting in collectors and abandoned bases. Don't settle going in for 80K of each resource. I wouldn't enter a base if it didn't have over 150K of each to take.

And if it was after 7pm EST (what I found was the best time to raid for me) I wouldn't go in a base for less than 200K of each resource.

Booties

Banned
My rule of thumb is attack any base with 200k+ in collectors/mines if the TH is unreachable by Barching. IF the TH is outside the walls and/or snipeable, then I will settle for 100k-200k resources in the collectors/mines.

Zapping works, you just gotta be active enough. I try to barch for DE in one attack, then look for a zappable base with the next while my army rebuilds. That's usually two solid gains before I have to wait for an army or spells. And if I log out and get hit for 500-700 DE, then at least I made some gain even if it was insignificant.

I have tried barching, but I feel like I lose a prohibitive amount of troops to their aoe defenses unless I am running a bunch of bombers as well.

...and they are expensive as hell.

I have tried barching, but I feel like I lose a prohibitive amount of troops to their aoe defenses unless I am running a bunch of bombers as well.

When barching works as intended, the barbs take the hits from one or two mortar/wizard tower shots as they are chopping at a building, with the archrs just out of reach of the aoe blast while also shooting the same building. By the time the barbs are dead and the aoe shifts its attention to the archers, the building/collector will be dead.

When barching works as intended, the barbs take the hits from one or two mortar/wizard tower shots as they are chopping at a building, with the archrs just out of reach of the aoe blast while also shooting the same building. By the time the barbs are dead and the aoe shifts its attention to the archers, the building/collector will be dead.

I suppose, but usually the main sources of resources are on the interior.

I virtually never see these bases with 200k resources in exterior collectors that you talk about, and I am not afraid of the Next button.

gutshot

I suppose, but usually the main sources of resources are on the interior.

I virtually never see these bases with 200k resources in exterior collectors that you talk about, and I am not afraid of the Next button.

They are out there, you've just gotta know what to look for. If you see an elixir pump that looks like this:

Clash+of+Clan+Elixir+Collector.png

Then you've just hit the jackpot.

Booties

Banned
For TH 6-8 you can barch easily between 1200-1400 trophies. I think that's silver 1. I dunno man, I find 300k+ bases all the time, just gotta be patient, maybe snipe here and there to keep your trophies in range.

gutshot

Do you add in goblins at all, or is that a waste?

At TH7, yeah, you can add gobs if you want. I did at that level. I'm at TH8 now and it's harder to find bases with all of their collectors outside of the walls and gobs tend to get torn up by splash damage before they even get to the collectors. So I dropped the gobs in favor of more archers (for their ranged capability) and barbs (for their survivability).

I'm actually a big fan of BAMing (barbs, archers, minions). You can train the army superfast and the minions give you an extra bit of penetrability, allowing you to get to the core storages, if you can clear out some of the air defenses and wizard towers with your barbs and archers.

JoeNut

Depends wghat your troops are, i have maxed barbs and archers and use 100 barbs and 140 archers, i get 200k of each almost every raid, just requires a lot of next.

Also, you have to distribute them in a circle, all around the base, not in one big lump. barbs first, all the way around, then archers, the barbs are the cannon fodder.

It's seriously broken the game imo.

Booties

Banned
My clan just Drew 121-121 in the most epic 45 v 45 war ever. they were 46-6 prior to facing us. They tied with an attack that ended after the war.

It's all about strategy man. You're a TH7 like me so I'm guessing you usually raid with Giant + Healer armies? (I'm just guessing because that's the most common setup I see at this level, other than Barch.) Giant + Healer is more of a strategy to take out tougher bases. Barch armies are designed to raid bases with weak defenses or exposed collectors. Victory Red is right, it's all about pressing the Next button. Press next until you find one of these bases:

• An abandoned base with full collectors
  • A "rushed" base (high level storages/collectors but weak defenses)
  • A base with several of its splash defense buildings under construction

If you look for long enough, you'll eventually find one of those. I'm usually around the 1,000 - 1,200 trophy range.

And what do you mean Barch is expensive as hell? It's one of the cheapest army setups...

My Army Camps are level 6 (200 troops) and my troops are fully upgraded in the laboratory (4 stars). I Barch with 110 Barbarians & 90 Archers. Total cost: 23,200 elixir. That's a lot less than any Giant + Healer army setup.

*Edit: Just for fun I'm gonna calculate the cost of the last few Giant + Healer armies that raided me. I'm gonna display troop level with asterisks (4 stars = ****).

Army #1 — 16 Giants(****), 2 Wall Breakers, 3 Healers, 31 Archers(****), 1 Lightning spell(***), 1 Healing spell. Total cost: 86,960 elixir (53,960 without spells).

Army #2 — 18 Giants(****), 73 Archers(****), 2 Wall Breakers(****), 1 Healer, 2 Healing Spells(***), 1 Rage spell. Total cost: 116,680 elixir (57,860 without spells).

Army #3 — 16 Giants(****), 8 Wall Breakers(***), 35 Archers(****), 13 Barbarians(****), 2 Wizards(***), 2 Healers, 2 Healing spells(**). Total cost: 102,640 elixir (69,640 without spells).

^ Oh. Yeah, they kinda are. I almost never use Wall Breakers though.

BTW I should have provided the link in my last post for the Clash of Clans troop & spell calculator:
http://mkln.ru/clash-of-clans/

It's a nifty tool for calculating strategies.

Depends wghat your troops are, i have maxed barbs and archers and use 100 barbs and 140 archers, i get 200k of each almost every raid, just requires a lot of next.

Also, you have to distribute them in a circle, all around the base, not in one big lump. barbs first, all the way around, then archers, the barbs are the cannon fodder.

It's seriously broken the game imo.

Not really. Barch only excels against weak bases. The OP Giant + Healer armies are a way bigger problem, at least for TH6 and 7.

I'm not sure what exactly he is referring to as "broken", but the loot system in TH9 and TH10 is broken.

You HAVE to barch for any significant amount of money.

You can cook a Giant/healer army in less than 30 minutes and make tons of money in TH7 and early TH8. But that strategy is rendered useless in later TH8 and definitely in TH9.

Barching and barching and barching wears you out.

Hearing that is all the more reason for my decision to stay at TH7 for the foreseeable future. There's plenty of ways to raid TH6 and TH7 bases. Giants + Healers, mass Dragons, Barch, Giants + Archers, Barbs + Wizards, mass Balloons...

Any decent adults only clans out there? I'm lvl 79 with a TH10. Been playing for around 6 months & wouldn't mind trying out clan wars. Someone should make a neogaf clan.

I made a Neogaf clan! Was tired of trying to find a decent guild.

If you search Neogaf there are only two options. Look for Nathan!

Lol. Sounds good.

I am not sure if we have enough players to make a viable clan, but I thought I would try for the hell of it.

Doesn't matter to me really..ever since leaving my original clan every other clan that I have joined has annoying members to right now as far as I am concerned less is more.

Yeah. I left a clan that won a lot, but was full of troop leeches who are like 10-300 in troop donations. This included the lowbie clan leader.

All thanks to 2-3 members (myself included) who were funding it all.

Tried a few other clans, and it went downhill from there.

My previous clan was pretty strong and the members were all mostly good people but their insistent and constant warring 1 off another wore me down since I had no chance to recover from a war especially if I had just used a shitload of resources and we loss and I spoke with the leaders several times that it would be best to have a set war schedule but they pretty much told me to shut or get kick so I just opt out.

I made a Neogaf clan! Was tired of trying to find a decent guild.

If you search Neogaf there are only two options. Look for Nathan!

My previous clan was pretty strong and the members were all mostly good people but their insistent and constant warring 1 off another wore me down since I had no chance to recover from a war especially if I had just used a shitload of resources and we loss and I spoke with the leaders several times that it would be best to have a set war schedule but they pretty much told me to shut or get kick so I just opt out.

Finding a reasonably mature clan is a real challenge tbh. Hopefully we can get the Neogaf clan up to a operational population soon.

Top Bottom