• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cocoon "full of surprise and wonder"

reksveks

We played Annapurna's upcoming puzzle game Cocoon, which is the brainchild of Jeppe Carlsen, the lead gameplay designer of Limbo and Inside, and we came away continually surprised and delighted. Check out our hands-on impressions of this wondrous puzzle game. Previewed on PC by Will Borger

Seems to be a bit of a spoilerific video but this game keeps showing well for me.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
i2nAH8r.gif

I love that there’s a calculator for this not that your approaching the Brimley line lol. I won’t cross it till Feb 24, 2028.

I saw the movie involuntarily when it was in theaters when I was 8 with my dad (that was his thing, taken his kids to movies we could barely comprehend. I could tell you a boring story of sitting through Amadeus the year before at the age of 7)
But this movie held my attention only because we had moved to the St. Pete area there in Florida the year before (where the movie takes place) plus it involved aliens and it had officer Mahoney in it.

Myths

Seriously thought it was going to be a lengthy appreciation post of this setting.

But yeah, the puzzles seem to be intricately designed and well thought out as the player progresses. Definitely seems to challenge most other adventure puzzle games in that respect from what was shown.

Batiman

Banned
Reminds me a bit of Below. Just a sci-fi version. I liked below but it got frustrating pretty quick. I remember being super hyped for that

Yeah it’s annoying. Makes me wonder if it’s got issues with there’s no marketing or anything the week of release. Same thing happened with Baldo.

Sea of Stars had tons of buzz and people publishing previews in the run up to released, and had great sales because of it.

Top Bottom