• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Warzone hack: You know how you must do double tap for tactical sprint, well go in settings and you can change it to single tap, thank me later.

Now that you've tried out single tap for tactical sprint don't you think it should be the default?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

svbarnard

Banned
I don't want to retype everything so just follow this link and you'll see why having to double tap the button really fast to do tactical sprint was hurting my left thumb, I play on controller and it's really uncomfortable to do that thousands of times on a controller.

"Call of Duty's tactical sprint is really hard to do on a controller. In my opinion Rage 2 had it just right for doing tactical sprint on a controller."​

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/call...print-on-a-controller.1644937/#post-266902699

So someone kindly informed me that you can simply go in the settings and change it from double tap to single tap. I did that and yes that's perfect!!!!! That's exactly how it's done in Rage 2. My only question is why did they make double tap the default???? Single tap is the best for sure!!!! My left thumb doesn't hurt anymore from strain. So listen, go in settings and for tactical sprint you can change it from double tap to single tap, do this, this is so much better!!!!! This is the way Rage 2 does it.

Single tap should be the default.

So just to clarify. I play on controller and having to tap the left stick really fast in order to do tactical sprint was killing my thumb bro!!!! Oh my god my thumb would start hurting, it's just not comfortable to do that on controller, my left thumb doesn't like it. But I didn't realize you could go in settings and change it to single tap lol. Why did those idiots make double tap the default option?

Hear me out. I think the whole industry should adopt "single tap for tactical sprint" as the default if they're gonna use tactical sprint, this was how Rage 2 did it, this should be the way the whole industry does it too. Because doing a quick double tap on the left stick on my controller gave my thumb carpal tunnel. I'm even going to tweet the COD developers about this, they need to make single tap the default.

svbarnard

Banned
So your just instantly going into full sprint? So your one of those guys just stomping everywhere and losing to me because your ads speed is now at a disadvantage, yes everyone please do this.
Uh, I think you might be confused. So go into the settings and change it from double tap to single tap for tactical sprint. So when you're already in a sprint, all you have to do is just tap the button one more time to do a tactical sprint, so from walking you'll still have to do a double tap of the button to do a tactical sprint but if you're already sprinting then all you need to do is just tap it one more time. Right now the default is this, say you're sprinting, you have to quickly double tap the button to execute a tactical sprint, but in the settings you can change to a single tap instead of a double tap, do you understand me? Go try it out and then get back to me? Rage 2 had it like that where if you were already sprinting you'd just have to tap the button one more time to execute a tactical sprint, which is much more comfortable on a controller.

Seriously go in settings and switch it to single tap and try it out. It's way better. I have no idea why they'd make double tap the default setting.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Now change Aim Response Curve to Dynamic and set deadzones to 0.0.

Get ready to have your mind blown, OP

Uh, I think you might be confused. So go into the settings and change it from double tap to single tap for tactical sprint. So when you're already in a sprint, all you have to do is just tap the button one more time to do a tactical sprint, so from walking you'll still have to do a double tap of the button to do a tactical sprint but if you're already sprinting then all you need to do is just tap it one more time. Right now the default is this, say you're sprinting, you have to quickly double tap the button to execute a tactical sprint, but in the settings you can change to a single tap instead of a double tap, do you understand me? Go try it out and then get back to me? Rage 2 had it like that where if you were already sprinting you'd just have to tap the button one more time to execute a tactical sprint, which is much more comfortable on a controller.

Seriously go in settings and switch it to single tap and try it out. It's way better. I have no idea why they'd make double tap the default setting.
Ahh ok thought you were just jumping into tactical Sprint thx for the tip!

Knightime_X

No because aiming after sprinting is greatly reduced giving you a higher chance of dying.
Not a good idea to be tactical sprinting all the time.
Double tapping works easily for me, so i'll just stick with that.

Last edited:

hyperbertha

An entire thread for a stupid mechanic in a game series that is largely irrelevant on an enthusiast gaming forum?

svbarnard

Banned
No because aiming after sprinting is greatly reduced giving you a higher chance of dying.
Not a good idea to be tactical sprinting all the time.
Double tapping works easily for me, so i'll just stick with that.
Huh? What? Aiming is reduced after sprinting? Are you sure?

svbarnard

Banned
An entire thread for a stupid mechanic in a game series that is largely irrelevant on an enthusiast gaming forum?
Tactical sprint which is basically a boost is irrelevant, are you kidding it's used all the f*cking time. What are you talking about dude?

MiguelItUp

Yeah, in my experience, this isn't necessarily something that you want to spam. It can do more harm than good. Plus, it makes a lot of noise.

svbarnard

Banned
Tactical sprint. Try to aim after doing it.
It's not as fast as running.
And even slower vs walking.
you're saying aim down sight is slower after doing a tactical sprint? Also, are you playing on a controller? You're saying you'd rather do a double tap for tactical sprint on controller? All I ask is for you to try the single tap option, that's how it's done in Rage 2.

MDSLKTR

Sprint out time is a thing. This is only useful for the Aug assault rifle that's has the lowest frames after a sprint. Any other guns and you're cooked.

svbarnard

Banned
Why do you keep making post about this topic
Because having to double tap on controller for tactical sprint was killing my left thumb, but I had no idea you could change it in the settings so I thought others might want to know. Seriously single tap should be the default.

Knightime_X

you're saying aim down sight is slower after doing a tactical sprint? Also, are you playing on a controller? You're saying you'd rather do a double tap for tactical sprint on controller? All I ask is for you to try the single tap option, that's how it's done in Rage 2.
Yes on both accounts.
And I HAVE tried it in MW1. Kept wondering why I was constantly losing to gun encounters.

It's fine in rage 2, because rage 2 is most definitely NOT a twitch shooter.

NickFire

Huh? What? Aiming is reduced after sprinting? Are you sure?
Yes, 100%. You can go on the official game page to read the differences. Or just try it out.

Standing is best.
Then walking comes with small penalty.
Sprint comes with a longer penalty.
Tactical sprint puts guns over head and has a substantial penalty.

There is nothing wrong with your method if it suits your playstyle. But the game was designed to be more tactical, so I would caution against over use of tactical sprint. That's why I like the extra step. It only kicks in when I intentionally make it happen to run and cover.

Last edited:

Kerotan

So your just instantly going into full sprint? So your one of those guys just stomping everywhere and losing to me because your ads speed is now at a disadvantage, yes everyone please do this.
I use this on Warzone and average a 4kd weekly. All the good players do it. Of course bots won't effectively do it.

I actually just push my analogue forward to tact sprint. Don't even press the button.

baphomet

Running around tactical sprinting everywhere is a good way to be shit at the game.

There's a reason it isn't the default setting.

svbarnard

Banned
Running around tactical sprinting everywhere is a good way to be shit at the game.

Um dude, my point is this, double tapping for tactical sprint on the controller is very uncomfortable, it's giving my left thumb carpal tunnel. Listen go in settings and switch tactical sprint to single tap and try it out, it really should be the default. I wish I had known about this sooner lol.

svbarnard

Banned

Have you tried out having it set to single tap? Are you planning on controller? If you're playing on controller, having to double tap the left stick for tactical sprint is a f*cking pain in the ass and it hurts my thumb, because you're doing that thousands of times!!!!

Seriously it is so much better having it set to single tap instead of double tap.

svbarnard

Banned
I think I'm destroying my controller doing that double tap...so thank you.
Double tap destroys my thumb!!!! Don't you think they should have the single tap set as default instead of double tap? Isn't it so much better? My left thumb thinks so lol.

I mean double tap wouldn't be such a big deal on a keyboard but on a controller it's not comfortable at all!!!!!

svbarnard

Banned
God I hate people that call out 'hacks' for things that are clearly not a hack.
So if you play COD Warzone on controller, and say that you're already sprinting, why should you have to quickly double tap the left stick to execute the tactical sprint, wouldn't it be better to just click it once? Especially if you're playing on controller, it's much better to just do a single tap for tactical sprint. I beg you to go into settings and switch it to single tap and try it out you'll see how right I am? Seriously having to quickly double tap the left stick on controller was causing my left thumb to ache with pain, now I just do a single tap which is much better, this was how Rage 2 did it.

If you're walking you will still have to click the left stick twice to execute a tactical sprint, but if you're already sprinting you only have to click it once (if you change the settings to single tap), do you understand me? Single tap should be the default. I mean this makes perfect sense to me!!!!!

svbarnard

Banned
I stand by this, it's really is an amazing hack and I can't believe people aren't using it more often. This really should be the standard default.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I stand by this, it's really is an amazing hack and I can't believe people aren't using it more often. This really should be the standard default.
amazon ok GIF by The 2018 Rose Parade hosted by Cord & Tish

I’ve never fallen off of a game harder than WZ and MW2. The matchmaking and hit box handicap stuff ruined it for me. The game is just a massive micro transaction disguised as a game.

svbarnard

Banned
This will also save your analogues from getting stick drift faster.
Having to double click on the left stick of my controller was starting to give my left thumb carpal tunnel, I would get this pain and strain in my left thumb from having to double click the left stick. I'm so glad I discovered that you can go in the settings and change it from double click to just one click for a tactical sprint. This is actually how they did it in Rage 2.

You click once to sprint and then at any time you can click just once more for tactical sprint.

You have some fetish about this topic and you don't want it to let it go?

We got it, thanks for the hack.
I will tell you one hack also that i found, if your volume is too loud and it hurts your ears then go to the settings and there is a hack that allows you to lower the volume to acceptable levels, do that and thank me later.

svbarnard

Banned
Why do you keep making post about this topic
Because it's the truth and you know it. It should be, click once to sprint and then simply click once more for tactical sprint, this is the way it should be, and you can change it to this in the settings by the way. And it's much easier this way on controller too, much easier on my left thumb. Double clicking the stick on controller is super uncomfortable, it fucking kills my thumb!!!!!

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Because it's the truth and you know it. It should be, click once to sprint and then simply click once more for tactical sprint, this is the way it should be, and you can change it to this in the settings by the way. And it's much easier this way on controller too, much easier on my left thumb. Double clicking the stick on controller is super uncomfortable, it fucking kills my thumb!!!!!
This is the 2nd time you replied to my comment….. you ok ?

Top Bottom