• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comics Gaf IOTI Lots of Capes And Stuff

sol_bad

I like near mint but boy on resetera they hate him i left that stupid forum it’s just so toxic over there.

It's probably only 3-4 people that hate him that love to announce that the community as a whole hates him. No one will say they like him in fear of being banned.
Omar just doesn't follow any Twitter drama and can separate the artist from the art. He is so passionate about comics, how can you hate him? So what if he has some people on on his channel that you disagree with.

Who this guy? -

Why do they hate him?

Yea this is a quote from one He platforms comicsgate chuds and problematic people.

People? As in several? I thought he only did it once ... or twice? I think I remember people being annoyed that he didn't learn from the first debacle. But this sounds like it's a regular thing he does.

Ugh, his omnibus announcement matter to me because he's very reliable and early and his videos are basically how I create my list of things to preorder and plan my comic budget. This is also why I was excited to see some books I want on the current list, he does have a good track record.

Are there any other youtubers who make announcements like this?

He's done it multiple times and gets defensive and acts aloof every time.

I'm not telling you to stop using his stuff. Just be aware that people here aren't fans of his.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Ok, so Comics Gate is like Gamer Gate I guess?

I am a big comic fan and listen to a weekly podcast on new releases but they normally focus on the books and stay clear of that sort of drama. So I am clueless on that stuff.

sol_bad

Ok, so Comics Gate is like Gamer Gate I guess?

I am a big comic fan and listen to a weekly podcast on new releases but they normally focus on the books and stay clear of that sort of drama. So I am clueless on that stuff.

Same as Omar and same as me. Too old for that shit. Just tell me if the story or art is good.

What podcast do you listen to? I'm always on the lookout for more comic content.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Same as Omar and same as me. Too old for that shit. Just tell me if the story or art is good.

What podcast do you listen to? I'm always on the lookout for more comic content.

iFanboy Pick of the Week Podcast. One of the oldest comics podcasts, started in 2006 I believe.

Shifty

I decided to get back into comics recently, and have been reading Slaine: The Celtic Barbarian from 2000AD. What a comic - 2000AD stuff needs more love in here!

It stars Slaine Mac Roth - once and future king of Ireland - and his dirty little dwarf Ukko:

8402de8d80de1ccb7ffe54a2001e80e9.jpg

As you can probably already tell, there's some cracking art in here.

Set in Tir Na Nog - 'The Land of the Young' (because everyone dies in violence before reaching old age) - it starts out as pretty regular barbarian fare, but sets itself apart from Conan and similar by focusing on Celtic mythology; paganism, druids, warrior tribes, and the like.

Slaine is a berserker of the earth tribe: a warped warrior favored by the earth goddess Danu, which grants him the ability to enter a magical fury known as the warp spasm. This twists him into a raging, shapeless monster - never drawn the same way twice - typically resulting in the brutal slaughter of his enemies:

Slaine2.jpg

y6cpX-gK56N8gP9mv9jRTf0-vwZkoIRET87FRq0HOzADpkyZtv6442oMLWV4iMlDIzqeCvrpAYEJ9Ffb7kldxZj8pVXCJnHQGugMQmkMrqqXPx7cCWIo93LGQ1UHVNX6-Orko_IGkw=s1600

Body horror devil trigger. Novel idea for a superpower, right? And there are some incredible renditions of it throughout the comic's run.

But wait, there's more. The warp spasm isn't an idea that was invented for the comic - it actually hails directly from the Irish mythological hero Cúchulainn.

Check out this metal as fuck excerpt from The Tain - a work that could be thought of as the Irish Illiad:
The first warp-spasm seized Cúchulainn, and made him into a monstrous thing, hideous and shapeless, unheard of. His shanks and his joints, every knuckle and angle and organ from head to foot, shook like a tree in the flood or a reed in the stream. His body made a furious twist inside his skin, so that his feet and shins switched to the rear and his heels and calves switched to the front... On his head the temple-sinews stretched to the nape of his neck, each mighty, immense, measureless knob as big as the head of a month-old child... he sucked one eye so deep into his head that a wild crane couldn't probe it onto his cheek out of the depths of his skull; the other eye fell out along his cheek. His mouth weirdly distorted: his cheek peeled back from his jaws until the gullet appeared, his lungs and his liver flapped in his mouth and throat, his lower jaw struck the upper a lion-killing blow, and fiery flakes large as a ram's fleece reached his mouth from his throat... The hair of his head twisted like the tangle of a red thornbush stuck in a gap; if a royal apple tree with all its kingly fruit were shaken above him, scarce an apple would reach the ground but each would be spiked on a bristle of his hair as it stood up on his scalp with rage.

Dude, Irish mythology is RAD. And the comic draws a lot of interesting things from it besides.

I give it a big recommendation if you're willing to push through a weaker second arc to get to the really good stuff. The story takes a brief dip into Marvel-derivative territory with some multiverse nonsense and its very own Doctor Strange stand-in, but pulls off a hearty recovery into deeper more nuanced themes and gorgeous hand-painted artwork for the third arc and beyond. Excellent stuff.

Last edited:

sol_bad

What'd I miss? What's wrong with Omar?

Absolutely nothing, he is great.
I was just mentioning that Resetera are weird an hate him because he talks about and interviews people that they hate.

I can't wait for Marvel to start announcing 2023 Omnis. I have about 40 more wanted Omni reprints and I'll be caught up. Then I can start catching up on DC Omni reprints.

Marvel Omni reprints I need.
Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus 4
Amazing Spider-Man Roger Stern Omnibus
Amazing Spider-Man David Michelinie and Todd McFarlane Omnibus
Amazing Spider-Man David Michelinie and Eric Larson Omnibus
Amazing Spider-Man Clone Saga Omnibus 1and 2
Amazing Spider-Man Ben Reily Omnibus 1 and 2
Amazing Spider-Man J. Michael Straczynski Omnibus 1 and 2
Avengers Omnibus 1-4
Avengers Kurt Busiek and George Perez Omnibus 1 and 2
Avengers Jonathan Hickman Omnibus 1 and 2
Captain America - Trial of Captain America Omnibus
Captain America - Return of Winter Soldier Omnibus
Daredevil by Frank Miller Omnibus
Daredevil Brian M Bendis Omnibus 1 and 2
Daredevil Ed Brubaker Omnibus 1 and 2
Daredevil - Shadowland Omnibus
Deadpool and Cable Omnibus
Fantastic Four John Byrne Omnibus 2
Fantastic Four Mark Waid Omnibus
Heroes Reborn Omnibus
Immortal Iron Fist and the Immortal Weapons Omnibus
Loki - Journey into Mystery Omnibus
Mighty Thor Omnibus 2 and 3
Secret Wars Omnibus
Secret Wars 2 Omnibus
Uncanny Avengers Rick Remender Omnibus
Road to War of the Kings Omnibus
War of the Kings Omnibus
War of the Kings Aftermath Omnibus
War of the Realms Omnibus
X-Men/Avengers Onslaught Omnibus
X-Men vs The Apocalypse: The Twelve Omnibus
X-Men: Revolution Omnibus

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Absolutely nothing, he is great.
I was just mentioning that Resetera are weird an hate him because he talks about and interviews people that they hate.

I can't wait for Marvel to start announcing 2023 Omnis. I have about 40 more wanted Omni reprints and I'll be caught up. Then I can start catching up on DC Omni reprints.

Marvel Omni reprints I need.
Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus 4
Amazing Spider-Man Roger Stern Omnibus
Amazing Spider-Man David Michelinie and Todd McFarlane Omnibus
Amazing Spider-Man David Michelinie and Eric Larson Omnibus
Amazing Spider-Man Clone Saga Omnibus 1and 2
Amazing Spider-Man Ben Reily Omnibus 1 and 2
Amazing Spider-Man J. Michael Straczynski Omnibus 1 and 2
Avengers Omnibus 1-4
Avengers Kurt Busiek and George Perez Omnibus 1 and 2
Avengers Jonathan Hickman Omnibus 1 and 2
Captain America - Trial of Captain America Omnibus
Captain America - Return of Winter Soldier Omnibus
Daredevil by Frank Miller Omnibus
Daredevil Brian M Bendis Omnibus 1 and 2
Daredevil Ed Brubaker Omnibus 1 and 2
Daredevil - Shadowland Omnibus
Deadpool and Cable Omnibus
Fantastic Four John Byrne Omnibus 2
Fantastic Four Mark Waid Omnibus
Heroes Reborn Omnibus
Immortal Iron Fist and the Immortal Weapons Omnibus
Loki - Journey into Mystery Omnibus
Mighty Thor Omnibus 2 and 3
Secret Wars Omnibus
Secret Wars 2 Omnibus
Uncanny Avengers Rick Remender Omnibus
Road to War of the Kings Omnibus
War of the Kings Omnibus
War of the Kings Aftermath Omnibus
War of the Realms Omnibus
X-Men/Avengers Onslaught Omnibus
X-Men vs The Apocalypse: The Twelve Omnibus
X-Men: Revolution Omnibus

Crazy, how big is your collection?

I started more seriously collecting collected editions (TPBs, HCs, OHCs, Omnis, Absolutes etc) about 2014. I have around 450 volumes now but I ran out of space so I cut back on purchasing, just a couple things here and there for now.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

I started more seriously collecting collected editions (TPBs, HCs, OHCs, Omnis, Absolutes etc) about 2014. I have around 450 volumes now but I ran out of space so I cut back on purchasing, just a couple things here and there for now.
Ice Cube Movie GIF

I'd like to see that if you have a picture handy.

sol_bad

I have 52 Marvel omnibus with about 12 pre-ordered. Along with a whole bunch of OHCs. DC I literally only have the Jeff Lemire Animal Man Omni, I want many DC Omnis but there is so much to catch up on with Marvel.

I only started buying Omnis at the end of 2020.

*EDIT*
For anyone collecting the Epic line of books, Omar is doing a reprint poll. For those that don't know, Omar has a direct link to Marvel and does a yearly omnibus reprint poll as well. Last year's omnibus reprint poll had 19 out of the top 20 reprinted. There might be similar results with an Epic reprint poll.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
So I read from post Crisis to Almost the end of Nightfall now.

Damn DC used to get dark, as an adult lots of these books appeal to me now, where I found myself disinterested in them as a kid.

sol_bad

How's that new alien comic from marvel?

I enjoyed the first 6 issues but it does feel typical of the franchise, it's written by Phillip Kennedy Johnson and drawn by Larroca. An ex Yutani-Weyland employee is dragged back into active duty to investigate why they have lost contact with one of their space stations. Some plot twists you see coming and others you don't. Larroca's art is also hit and miss, some great and some bad.

The second story arc in #7-12 starts off on another planet that was terraformed. I'm sure the two story arcs will join together at some point but I'm not sure how.

You can always sub to Marvel Unlimited and read the first 8 issues.

Kagey K

Banned
I have to say after having Marvel Unlimited for years and just recently getting access to DC Universe.

I'm really enjoying the DC side (I never thought I'd say that in my lifetime)

I like the darker more violent aspects of DC where I'm at right now.

Even at its darkest Marvel didn't get into the grit and aftermath of some of the heroes and victims like DC did.

near

Gold Member
Guys, I need help on where to begin with X-Men. I have a yearning to read and collect comics lately, and one that I've been interested in for the longest time is X-Men, but haven't the faintest clue where to start. Along with a variety of other properties I've wanted to read, I've always just found it daunting to start. I've most read and collected manga, but never tried any written work from Marvel or DC. I've been told to start with Hickman's House of X, but also Giant-Size X-Men. Where shall I start, o wise ones?

Kagey K

Banned
Guys, I need help on where to begin with X-Men. I have a yearning to read and collect comics lately, and one that I've been interested in for the longest time is X-Men, but haven't the faintest clue where to start. Along with a variety of other properties I've wanted to read, I've always just found it daunting to start. I've most read and collected manga, but never tried any written work from Marvel or DC. I've been told to start with Hickman's House of X, but also Giant-Size X-Men. Where shall I start, o wise ones?
It depends how far back you want to go and which team you want to read.

If you are looking for the classic Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops team, giant sized xmen or X-Men season 1 (which is a retelling of year one) is the best place to start.

If you are more interested in the modern stuff I'd go as far back as House of M (2005) or so.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Ill give some thoughts for you as a long time comic fan.

Starting with Claremont's stuff from the 70s is probably too dated to jump into as a new reader in 2022. The Giant Sized Xmen you mentioned is when Claremont began his run. If you still wanted to check out old school Xmen, read the Dark Phoenix Saga and Days of Future Past. Otherwise I would say return to the Claremont era stuff if you like the newer works to see how it all started.

Barry Windsor Smith's Weapon X from the 80's is a short, less than 200 pages, Xmen comics masterwork detailing the shadowy, violent origins of Wolverine.

I would recommender starting with Morrison's New X-Men run from the early 2000s. Tailor-made for new readers but with a modern style from one of comic's greatest writers. Its one of my personal favorites. Takes the franchise to the core of its concepts but with ideas that are still innovative and fresh even in today's comics. The X-Men franchise truly struggled to follow Morrison's run up until Hickman came around 15 years later. Morrison's opening story arc "E is for Extinction" is just about as good a opening story youll ever find in a superhero run.

Next would be Remender's Uncanny X-Force from the 2010s. Violent, no-nonsense, compact epic with a definitive beginning middle and end. A self contained run that doesnt mess around and could make you a fan of the franchise.

Hickman's X-Men is basically a love letter to Morrison's run in alot of ways. It brings back the originality and tone of Morrison's and returns to many story arcs, characters and themes of that New X-Men run. Hickman is a big idea writer and takes the franchise into completely uncharted waters. Hickman's run is great but you must understand its incomplete and he's now off the book. Marvel editorial basically forced him off the book and his story will likely never be finished. Hickman's run also isnt particularly new reader friendly.

For Hickman's Xmen works all youll need is House of X/Powers of X. Hickman Xmen Omnibus or trades. Hickman's 4-5 issue arc in New Mutants. Hickman's Inferno (which is the ending). I cannot get behind the Hickman Xmen era works that are NOT written by Hickman - no where close to the same level. Be warned.

Also worth mentioning Whedon's Astonishing X-Men and Jason Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men. Those are potentially good starting points for new readers.

Tough narrowing 60+ years of Xmen content - but for me, those are the top X-Men works.

Last edited:

sol_bad

You can start at the beginning with silver age X-Men if you want as well but I personally would not recommend it, it's really quite terrible.

Everything mentioned in the above post is a must read. Claremont's original run is also good to read but you'll need a reading order at one stage.

Actually, how are you buying your books? As singles or as TPB's and hardcover collections?

near

Gold Member
Ill give some thoughts for you as a long time comic fan.

Starting with Claremont's stuff from the 70s is probably too dated to jump into as a new reader in 2022. The Giant Sized Xmen you mentioned is when Claremont began his run. If you still wanted to check out old school Xmen, read the Dark Phoenix Saga and Days of Future Past. Otherwise I would say return to the Claremont era stuff if you like the newer works to see how it all started.

Barry Windsor Smith's Weapon X from the 80's is a short, less than 200 pages, Xmen comics masterwork detailing the shadowy, violent origins of Wolverine.

I would recommender starting with Morrison's New X-Men run from the early 2000s. Tailor-made for new readers but with a modern style from one of comic's greatest writers. Its one of my personal favorites. Takes the franchise to the core of its concepts but with ideas that are still innovative and fresh even in today's comics. The X-Men franchise truly struggled to follow Morrison's run up until Hickman came around 15 years later. Morrison's opening story arc "E is for Extinction" is just about as good a opening story youll ever find in a superhero run.

Next would be Remender's Uncanny X-Force from the 2010s. Violent, no-nonsense, compact epic with a definitive beginning middle and end. A self contained run that doesnt mess around and could make you a fan of the franchise.

Hickman's X-Men is basically a love letter to Morrison's run in alot of ways. It brings back the originality and tone of Morrison's and returns to many story arcs, characters and themes of that New X-Men run. Hickman is a big idea writer and takes the franchise into completely uncharted waters. Hickman's run is great but you must understand its incomplete and he's now off the book. Marvel editorial basically forced him off the book and his story will likely never be finished. Hickman's run also isnt particularly new reader friendly.

For Hickman's Xmen works all youll need is House of X/Powers of X. Hickman Xmen Omnibus or trades. Hickman's 4-5 issue arc in New Mutants. Hickman's Inferno (which is the ending). I cannot get behind the Hickman Xmen era works that are NOT written by Hickman - no where close to the same level. Be warned.

Also worth mentioning Whedon's Astonishing X-Men and Jason Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men. Those are potentially good starting points for new readers.

Tough narrowing 60+ years of Xmen content - but for me, those are the top X-Men works.

I won't start with Giant Sized X-Men, and I'll completely avoid Hickman's run. If Claremont's work is too dated it'll just put me off everything else, so I don't want to start there. Hickman's run is over and it's incomplete? No thank you, not interested.

I didn't know Joss Whedon penned for X-Men, I will definitely read he's work. Remender's Uncanny X-Force sounds interesting, I'll look into that.

How many vols. are there in Morrison's New X-Men run or are they printed in just story arcs? I might start there.

You can start at the beginning with silver age X-Men if you want as well but I personally would not recommend it, it's really quite terrible.

Everything mentioned in the above post is a must read. Claremont's original run is also good to read but you'll need a reading order at one stage.

Actually, how are you buying your books? As singles or as TPB's and hardcover collections?

I intend to go for hardcover collections where I can, there are so many reprints and variations, its actually kind of hard to find the right one.

Naked Lunch

I won't start with Giant Sized X-Men, and I'll completely avoid Hickman's run. If Claremont's work is too dated it'll just put me off everything else, so I don't want to start there. Hickman's run is over and it's incomplete? No thank you, not interested.

I didn't know Joss Whedon penned for X-Men, I will definitely read he's work. Remender's Uncanny X-Force sounds interesting, I'll look into that.

How many vols. are there in Morrison's New X-Men run or are they printed in just story arcs? I might start there.

I intend to go for hardcover collections where I can, there are so many reprints and variations, its actually kind of hard to find the right one.
Morrison's New Xmen ran for like 40 issues and 1 annual issue - its not that long. Collected in 3 Complete Edition Trade Paperbacks or 1 big Hardcover Omnibus - those are all still in print I think. They released lots of tiny TPBs over the years but those are long out of print but you could probably find them in used book stores or library. Maybe check out the opening 'E is for Extinction' arc and see if you like it.

I forgot to mention how re-readable Morrison's run is (and really most of his written works in general). I re-read his New X-Men run all the time and still find new things - the same way I replay games like Metal Gear all the time and pick up on stuff I missed before.

Whedon's Astonishing X-Men takes place directly after Morrison's run and only goes for 25 issues. Its high quality but you might need some slight knowledge of the Claremont era to fully appreciate some parts of it. The Kitty Pride and Colossus stuff in particular.

Hickman's opening arc House of X/Powers of X is still worth reading even if his overall story he originally planned will likely never finish. Its basically as good as modern comics get. HOX/POX was such a huge event that its basically a restart for the entire franchise that other writers can play off for years to come. Its the equivalent to what Giant Size XMen did for the brand in the 70s. Long story short, Hickman wanted to move to the next arc in his overall story but the rest of the XMen team wasnt - so Hickman decided to leave the book.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
Morrison's New Xmen ran for like 40 issues and 1 annual issue - its not that long. Collected in 3 Complete Edition Trade Paperbacks or 1 big Hardcover Omnibus - those are all still in print I think. They released lots of tiny TPBs over the years but those are long out of print but you could probably find them in used book stores or library. Maybe check out the opening 'E is for Extinction' arc and see if you like it.

I forgot to mention how re-readable Morrison's run is (and really most of his written works in general). I re-read his New X-Men run all the time and still find new things - the same way I replay games like Metal Gear all the time and pick up on stuff I missed before.

Whedon's Astonishing X-Men takes place directly after Morrison's run and only goes for 25 issues. Its high quality but you might need some slight knowledge of the Claremont era to fully appreciate some parts of it. The Kitty Pride and Colossus stuff in particular.

Hickman's opening arc House of X/Powers of X is still worth reading even if his overall story he originally planned will likely never finish. Its basically as good as modern comics get. HOX/POX was such a huge event that its basically a restart for the entire franchise that other writers can play off for years to come. Its the equivalent to what Giant Size XMen did for the brand in the 70s. Long story short, Hickman wanted to move to the next arc in his overall story but the rest of the XMen team wasnt - so Hickman decided to leave the book.

Just trying to find a collection on Amazon for New X-Men and I'm confused. How many pages in an issue? 60 -100? I found this vol.1 hardcover with only 384 pages listed for £219.23 and that's used. Am I missing something? Why is it so expensive too!?

Nice to know Whedon's work isn't just standalone, I'll definitely read it if I can get through New X-Men.

I heard a lot of great things about Hickman's work, but I just don't want to invest into a body of work that's incomplete, especially if it's actually good.

Naked Lunch

Just trying to find a collection on Amazon for New X-Men and I'm confused. How many pages in an issue? 60 -100? I found this vol.1 hardcover with only 384 pages listed for £219.23 and that's used. Am I missing something? Why is it so expensive too!?

Nice to know Whedon's work isn't just standalone, I'll definitely read it if I can get through New X-Men.

I heard a lot of great things about Hickman's work, but I just don't want to invest into a body of work that's incomplete, especially if it's actually good.
Well, shit. Looks like even New X-Men is out of print. :messenger_crying: Sorry man.
The pandemic did a number on people scarfing up stuff to read I guess.

The NXM hardcover edition you linked is pretty rare. I guess they did a limited hardcover line way back when it first came out. The newest editions are the TPB Complete Editions and the New Xmen Morrison Omnibus.
The Omnibus has the full run and is 1100 pages:

Im in the US - but Ive heard about this site for EU comic fans:
It looks like they have out of print (OOP) stuff but its priced very high.
NXM Omni:

Whedon Astonishing:

You could always check ebay too.
I have no doubt this stuff will get reprinted in the future - but when is anybody's guess. Even newer stuff is being delayed over and over.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
Well, shit. Looks like even New X-Men is out of print. :messenger_crying: Sorry man.
The pandemic did a number on people scarfing up stuff to read I guess.

The NXM hardcover edition you linked is pretty rare. I guess they did a limited hardcover line way back when it first came out. The newest editions are the TPB Complete Editions and the New Xmen Morrison Omnibus.
The Omnibus has the full run and is 1100 pages:

Im in the US - but Ive heard about this site for EU comic fans:
It looks like they have out of print (OOP) stuff but its priced very high.
NXM Omni:

Whedon Astonishing:

You could always check ebay too.
I have no doubt this stuff will get reprinted in the future - but when is anybody's guess. Even newer stuff is being delayed over and over.

I haven't heard of Walt's Comic Shop before, thanks for sharing. Forbidden Planet is quite popular here in the UK and I used to frequent them a lot a few years ago.

I managed to find a different print run referred to as The Ultimate Graphic Novels Collection, which has each story arc as a separate volume. I think I'll go ahead and start there. Thanks again for your input.

Kagey K

Banned
I have to say Chuck Dixon seems like an under appreciated writer.

i know lots of people love Morrison and Bendis, but Chuck basically carried DC on his back in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Its amazing to me how many books he put out in that time. Almost anything worth reading has his name on it.

Kagey K

Banned
Sorry to double post, but I have a question.

I've never been able to get into Green Lantern or Aquaman.

They just have always been boring to me, and doing this DC readthrough isn't changing my mind.

Do either of them have any top tier stuff? Or is it mostly more of the same?

I used to have the same problem with Silver Surfer, but eventually turned around on him after reading more Marvel Cosmic.

Last edited:
GREEN LANTERN REBIRTH #1-6, GREEN LANTERN CORPS: RECHARGE #1-5, GREEN LANTERN #1-25, GREEN LANTERN CORPS #14-18, TALES OF THE SINESTRO CORPS: SUPERMAN PRIME #1, GREEN LANTERN CORPS SINESTRO SPECIAL #1, GREEN LANTERN SECRET FILES 2005 #1 and GREEN LANTERN/SINESTRO CORPS SECRET FILES #1.GREEN LANTERN #26-52, BLACKEST NIGHT #0-7, DC UNIVERSE #0, UNTOLD TALES OF BLACKEST NIGHT #1-2 and BLACKEST NIGHT: TALES OF THE CORPS #1-2.GREEN LANTERN #53-60, LARFLEEZE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL #1, GREEN LANTERN (2011) #1-20, GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL #1, GREEN LANTERN CORPS #58-60, and GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD WARRIORS #8-10.

aquaman
AQUAMAN #0-19, #21-25, #23.1 (featuring Black Manta), #23.2 (featuring Ocean Master) and JUSTICE LEAGUE #15-17.

sol_bad

I have the Star Wars omni ready for pick up at my LCS which I'll need to get next week. War of the Realms and Jason Aaron Thor omni 1 are on the way to me in the post. And I need to pick up a bunch of omnis from my friend as well, had them shipped to him while I was overseas.
Also got the Hickman FF omnis, Star Wars Vader and Wolverine and the X-Men (also Jason Aaron) omnis recently.

Kagey K

Banned
I'm up to Cataclysm now, and I have to say DC didn't get a fair shake when I was a kid.

There's been some great stories, from where I started reading until now.

It seems like nobody knew what to do with these characters and turned them kiddie for the media.

I wish I could have seen these darker stories on tv as a kid.

sol_bad

I was going to wait until I had all my recently ordered books on hand but decided to just post what I had, what I mentioned in an earlier post.

5ZARakS.jpg

And currently at the moment I am reading the Infinity trilogy omnis. Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War and Infinity Crusade. I accidentally started reading Crusade as the second book and felt lost, eventually realised I am meant to read War as the second book.
9uAH5sG.jpg

sol_bad

Picked up my remaining books from my friend and Star Wars arrived from my LCS.

Doctor Strange SA volume 1 and 2, Thor SA volume 1, Hulk by Peter David volume 1, Captain America by Ed Brubaker volume 3, Star Wars by Jason Aaron
0tKm9t0.jpg

Deadly Class by Rick Remender volume 2 and 3, Middle West by Skottie Young, Black Hammer by Jeff Lemire volume 1 and 2
0IaUWdL.jpg

Naked Lunch

Some of yall have some insane collections.
Im not hating or degrading but how do you have the space to store all of those omnis? Have you read them all or are they more of a collectors thing?
Just curious about other's habits in this hobby.

In my case I tend to stick with my favorite creators on runs I know I will re-read forever. Morrison, Hickman, Ellis, Brubaker, Brian Wood, Jamie Hernandez - the usual.

sol_bad

Some of yall have some insane collections.
Im not hating or degrading but how do you have the space to store all of those omnis? Have you read them all or are they more of a collectors thing?
Just curious about other's habits in this hobby.

In my case I tend to stick with my favorite creators on runs I know I will re-read forever. Morrison, Hickman, Ellis, Brubaker, Brian Wood, Jamie Hernandez - the usual.

Some I read and some are for the collection.

As an example, I have read the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Thor and Doctor Strange silver age issues on Marvel Unlimited and enjoyed them. So I bought the omnibu, and right now I don't feel like reading the issues again straight away. I recently finished Infinity Gauntlet and Infinity War, starting Infinity Crusade tomorrow. Then I'll read through the Annihilation omnibu. I'll be slowly reading through everything though.

I spend about an hour and a half in the morning reading books. Spend my nights playing games.

Naked Lunch

I read some of my collection I just buy what I want,I don’t wait cause some go out of print and may take yrs before they get a reprint if any.
Yeah, ive noticed things like the Hellboy Universe Hardcovers seems to sell out quick and never get reprinted. Certain Marvel books sell out quickly too.

Im still mad I missed out on the 100 Bullets Deluxe HCs all those years ago. The recently printed 1500 page 100 Bullets Omnis are just too ridiculous for reading.

Last edited:
Top Bottom