• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2013. Spiking the eggnog, and not telling Stark about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Infinity : The Hunt #1: 3/4ths of the book was just setting up the teams and then something happens at the end. Maybe i was in a bad mood for comics reading, but i ended up just skimming the team selection middle part.

If i end up not liking this series, who wants my digital codes? First person to quote this etc etc etc.

Lot of cool ideas and characters invented in The Hunt. Hopeless wanted to inteoduce a bunch of schools but is pitch became Abengers Arena.

DayMen issue 2 is finally coming out this week!!!

12/11 list!

BATGIRL #26
BATMAN #26
BATMAN BLACK & WHITE #4
COFFIN HILL #3
CONSTANTINE #9
FOREVER EVIL ARKHAM WAR #3
JUSTICE LEAGUE #25
JUSTICE LEAGUE 3000 #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #10
SUICIDE SQUAD #26
SUPERMAN WONDER WOMAN #3
X-FILES SEASON 10 #7
ALEX + ADA #2
LAZARUS #5

tim1138

ASTRO CITY #7
COFFIN HILL #3
CONSTANTINE #9
JUSTICE LEAGUE #25
JUSTICE LEAGUE 3000 #1
SUICIDE SQUAD #26

What is Avengers #24.INF and why Is it $9?

Ephidel

Infinity : The Hunt #1: 3/4ths of the book was just setting up the teams and then something happens at the end. Maybe i was in a bad mood for comics reading, but i ended up just skimming the team selection middle part.

If i end up not liking this series, who wants my digital codes? First person to quote this etc etc etc.
Wouldn't say no as I like the JGS kids, but I don't have anything I can trade you for them.

12/11 list!

BATGIRL #26
BATMAN #26
BATMAN BLACK & WHITE #4
COFFIN HILL #3
CONSTANTINE #9
FOREVER EVIL ARKHAM WAR #3
JUSTICE LEAGUE #25
JUSTICE LEAGUE 3000 #1
SUICIDE SQUAD #26
SUPERMAN WONDER WOMAN #3
X-FILES SEASON 10 #7
ALEX + ADA #2
LAZARUS #5

That ain't no $25 dollars a week bro. What happened to your budget?!

Messi

List o°list

Batgirl #26
Batman #26
Batman Black and white #4
Batman Lil Gotham #9
Suicide Squad #26
Superman/Wonder Woman #3
Chew #38
Cataclysm Ultimate Spidermiles #2

Not a bad week. Love bat weeks

Cheska

Inhumanity #1 was not what I expected. It's the first time in years where I was so confused and bored that I actually stopped reading halfway through :(

Bii

That ain't no $25 dollars a week bro. What happened to your budget?!

Haha, I was just going to ask the same question.

Here's my 12/11/13 list:
Batman Black & White #4 - $4.99
Batman #26 - $3.99
Forever Evil: Arkham War #3 - $2.99
Wolverine and the X-Men #39 - $3.99

Ephidel

ElvcnRi.png
Archer & Armstrong #16
Batman Lil Gotham #9
Coffin Hill #3
Federal Bureau of Physics #6
Justice League 3000 #1
Mighty Avengers #4
Three #3
Uber #8
Unity #2
Wolverine and the X-Men #39.

Hopefully Uber #7 will have finally shown up too :|

12/11 List
Pick Up
Lazarus #5
Dead Body Road #1
Three #3
MK Hulk #1

DCBS
Batman #26
Captain America #14
Superior Foes of Spider-Man #6
Uncanny X-Men #15
Wolverine and X-Men #39

Edit: Anybody else going to give Dead Body Road a try? Everybody could always use a little more Matteo Scalera in their life.

What are the issues that come with digital copies of the first trades? Are those the .NOW issues?

Here's a list:
· Avengers #24.NOW – On-Sale 12/24/13

· Savage Wolverine #14.NOW – On-Sale 1/08/14

· All-New X-Men #22.NOW – On-Sale 1/22/14

· Guardians of the Galaxy #11.NOW – On-Sale 1/29/14

· Captain America #16.NOW – On-Sale 02/05/14

· Thor: God of Thunder #19.NOW – On-Sale 02/12/14

· Nova #13.NOW – On-Sale 02/19/14

· Iron Man #23.NOW – On-Sale 03/19/14

· Uncanny X-Men #19.NOW – On-Sale 03/19/14

· Uncanny Avengers #18.NOW – On-Sale 3/26/14

Tell me about this. Is it basically Chobits, the comic, like it seems to be?

I have not read it yet. Wife has started reading it. Usually I read her stuff when I catch up on my stuff. The PS4 has really cut my reading time down. I still need to catch up with a few singles, Batman RIP, and vol 2 of No Mans Land. I need a vacation.

Random question, does ComicsGAF typically throw up a best of the year poll / recommendations thread come year end? Would love to read thoughts & recs from everyone considering it is gift giving season.

Inhumanity #1 was not what I expected. It's the first time in years where I was so confused and bored that I actually stopped reading halfway through :(

Almost grabbed it while I was at the LCS yesterday picking up some Young Avengers back issues. Glad I decided against it.

Showaddy

Ending was a fucking piss take so it's probably for the best you killed it half way.

ReiGun

Random question, does ComicsGAF typically throw up a best of the year poll / recommendations thread come year end? Would love to read thoughts & recs from everyone considering it is gift giving season.

I suggested doing one for this year earlier in the thread, but no one responded. Either way, I'd be down for it.

Batgirl #26
Batman #26
Batman Li'l Gotham #9
Forever Evil Arkham War #3
Green Lantern Corps #26
Justice League #25
Justice League 3000 #1
Justice League Of America #10
Nightwing #26
Suicide Squad #26
Superman Wonder Woman #3
Worlds' Finest #18

Lazarus #5

Superior Foes Of Spider-Man #6
Uncanny X-Men #15.INH (maybe? unless this is one of those point things then no)
Wolverine And The X-Men #39

Listy list of lists.

Astro City #7
Batgirl #26
Batman #26
Coffin Hill #3
Alex + Ada #2
Chew #38
Invincible #107
Lazarus #5
Walking Dead #118
Uncanny X-Men #15.INH
Wolverine & The X-Men #39

Also, did Empowered Vol.8 get kicked back a week? It's on Diamond's list for next week, but I could have sworn Dark Horse had it listed for this week.

LIST

X-Files Classics Hundred Penny Press Ed #1 (IDW)
Lazarus #5 (Image)
Army of Darkness vs Hack Slash #4 of 6 (Dynamite)
Day Men #2 (Boom)
Farlaine The Goblin #3 (Studio Farlaine)

I recommend Watson and Holmes TP Vol 1, which drops on Wednesday. Solicit reads: Collecting the entire first arc of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes and Dr John Watson re-envisioned as African Americans living in New York's famous Harlem district. Watson, an Afghanistan war vet, works in an inner-city clinic; Holmes, a local P.I. who takes unusual cases.. etc, etc.

Anybody read Thumbprint by Joe Hill? The HC is out Wednesday.

KidDork

I Still Buy Floppies List For Next Week

STAR WARS 12
G.I. JOE 11
CABLE AND X-FORCE 17
MIGHTY AVENGERS 4
THUNDERBOLTS 19
DOC SAVAGE 1

I honestly have not read a single issue of Star Wars. I live in the hope that it's good and I'l have the time to sit down one weekend and plow through them all.

Rrronglist:

DC
Batman #26
FBP Federal Bureau Of Physics #6
Justice League #25
Justice League Of America #10
Suicide Squad #26
Superman Wonder Woman #3

IDW
Powerpuff Girls #4

Chew #38
Invincible #107
Lazarus #5
Satellite Sam #5
Three #3

MARVEL
Captain America #14
Cataclysm Ultimate Spider-Man #2
Mighty Avengers #4.INH
Nova #11
Superior Foes Of Spider-Man #6
Thunderbolts #19
Uncanny X-Men #15.INH
Wolverine And The X-Men #39

VALIANT
Archer And Armstrong #16

multivac

Read the first two volumes of Strangers in Paradise and loved it. Took the plunge for the whole series. My Comixology collection is getting rather large!

So I am reading Batman and Son..

Can someone just tell me what "The Clown at Midnight Interlude " is all about ??? Lol

Don't have the patience to read all that now haha.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
So I am reading Batman and Son..

Can someone just tell me what "The Clown at Midnight Interlude " is all about ??? Lol

Don't have the patience to read all that now haha.

It's, what, 22 pages? Grab a comfy seat and read it, dude. It's a very unique issue and it's quite well written. Ignore the art and you're good to go. It's about the Joker.

I fuckin' hate the Clown at Midnight chapter and its tedious overblown purple prose and hideous 1990s Reboot renders, but its kinda important to the overall story Morrison is doing with the Joker over the first two "seasons" of his book, so there ya go

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I fuckin' hate the Clown at Midnight chapter and its tedious overblown purple prose and hideous 1990s Reboot renders, but its kinda important to the overall story Morrison is doing with the Joker over the first two "seasons" of his book, so there ya go

It's purple as hell but I think the writing bridges the gap between comic and short story. Also, the style fits what's going on, with the Joker, with Bats, and I reckon it's a bit of a slog because your brain goes into "comic book" mode when sitting down to read an issue, and this sure as hell doesn't fall into the standard comic book category.

frye

It's purple as hell but I think the writing bridges the gap between comic and short story.

Eh, guys like Eddie Campbell or Kyle Baker mixed prose and comics more successfully than Morrison did in Clown at Midnight I think, which is a straight up pulpy story with ugly as shit PSX-era cutscene art.

Wool

Listy list of lists.

Astro City #7
Batgirl #26
Batman #26
Coffin Hill #3
Alex + Ada #2
Chew #38
Invincible #107
Lazarus #5
Walking Dead #118
Uncanny X-Men #15.INH
Wolverine & The X-Men #39

Also, did Empowered Vol.8 get kicked back a week? It's on Diamond's list for next week, but I could have sworn Dark Horse had it listed for this week.

What does .INH mean? Is it a tie in? Uncanny X-Men needs to be left alone.

Teen Titans continues to be dumb. But it had a cool looking Coluan Lady? I'm a total sucker for DC's cosmic races and they seem to be being used a lot more lately (Durlans, Coluans, Dominators, etc.)

The Krypton Returns crossover wasn't as bad as I expected it to be but it was still kind of dumb. Story Spoilers
Kon - El dies because reasons? He is the one responsible for pushing Argo City off of Krypton with his TK, which is kind of cool, but then his TK "runs out"? Uh, Lobdell, his TK isn't tied to his Kryptonian powers. It can't "run out".
The art was great. I love the look of pre-Krypton's Destruction Kara.

Thee List:

AFTER LIFE W/ ARCHIE #3 (becoming one of my favorites because of Fracavilla, never read any Archie before After Life)

BATMAN #26

BATMAN: Black & White (maybe,,probably)

COFFIN HILL #3

F.B.P #6

MARVEL KNIGHTS: THE HULK #1 (maybe)

SHAOLIN COWBOY #3

SONS OF ANARCHY #4

WALKING DEAD #118

Yeah, that is definitely why they are changing the team on the book. Can't believe it hasn't been announced yet. Just oes to show how little Rich knows.

Tizoc

I never bothered to read it whenever I'm reading Morrison's Batman run =V

In my continued love of late title cards, Zero Year Flash basically cheats with the latest of title cards. Really great Barry and
Iris.......
full page spread. Gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom