• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

Catching up on Moon Knight...

why didn't people like #2 again

I thought the 8 panel grids slowly disappearing one by one was actually a pretty clever usage of the comic form, considering the context of the narrative

I think that was the "too much white space" issue (or something equally ridiculous).

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

I thought the 8 panel grids slowly disappearing one by one was actually a pretty clever usage of the comic form, considering the context of the narrative

It was really just that one guy who decided that he was robbed of a story due to 'too much white space'.

That issue is really damn good. Also, that technique is actually used similarly in Ray Fawkes' book One Soul. It's an interesting use of paneling and,in both books, I think it was executed in a way that bolsters the story.

Messi

It was really just that one guy who decided that he was robbed of a story due to 'too much white space'.

That issue is really damn good. Also, that technique is actually used similarly in Ray Fawkes' book One Soul. It's an interesting use of paneling and,in both books, I think it was executed in a way that bolsters the story.

I felt ripped off. I will say that I wasn't enjoying the book at all. It wasn't just the 2nd issue. It wasnt for me. I can see why some people like it.

tim1138

What'd you think of One Soul?

Kikarian

Not sure about others, but I really enjoyed that issue.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
What'd you think of One Soul?

I thought it was great--read it a few months back. There's a slight learning curve to reading it initially, because you're starting so microscopic with these peoples' lives, but once established, it's shocking well put together. I only felt attached to a few characters, but I believe the concept, and the method of storytelling are stronger than any individual story you follow. I also think the writing is impressive considering the attempt to weave leitmotifs and connecting wording between (up to) 18 very different stories. I started it one night, before bed, thinking I'd read a bit and finish it another night but I read through it all in one sitting--shit gains momentum and is powerful once you understand its velocity.

Oh yeah, thanks for the recommendation, man!

I've sat here since Cheska posted that statue hovering over the purchase button. it would cost me, 400 euro with shipping and tax. I want it so badly but I just can't click that button. fuck high shipping and crazy tax (the tax on importing would be 60-80 euro).

Don't you fucking do it, Messi. Cheska is a bad influence (and probably a terrible person). Don't give in! $400 is nutso, and this is coming from someone who spends several hundred dollars per month on imported pvc figures from Japan.

Sorry Cheska, I had to demonize you for Messi's benefit.

Messi

Don't you fucking do it, Messi. Cheska is a bad influence (and probably a terrible person). Don't give in! $400 is nutso, and this is coming from someone who spends several hundred dollars per month on imported pvc figures from Japan.

I know its nuts. but here were are, sitting on the confirm order page. its like looking over the edge of a cliff.

Bii

FYI, 400 Euro is closer to $550 US dollars. ;)

MG310

Well, at least my Bombshell Canary is coming within the next week, that, Capullo Batman/Nightwing and Bombshell Canary,Batgirl and Supergirl prints from BBTS.

tim1138

I thought it was great--read it a few months back. There's a slight learning curve to reading it initially, because you're starting so microscopic with these peoples' lives, but once established, it's shocking well put together. I only felt attached to a few characters, but I believe the concept, and the method of storytelling are stronger than any individual story you follow. I also think the writing is impressive considering the attempt to weave leitmotifs and connecting wording between (up to) 18 very different stories. I started it one night, before bed, thinking I'd read a bit and finish it another night but I read through it all in one sitting--shit gains momentum and is powerful once you understand its velocity.

Oh yeah, thanks for the recommendation, man!

Glad you enjoyed it, I thought it was really well done. It looks like he has another OGN out this fall with that same kind of 18 panel/each panel is a micro story concept.

Messi

Well, at least my Bombshell Canary is coming within the next week, that, Capullo Batman/Nightwing and Bombshell Canary,Batgirl and Supergirl prints from BBTS.

Thats a nice haul. Bombshell Canary especially.

Messi, just think of all the other cool(er) smaller shit you can buy with that much cash.

I guess you are right. My irrational love of Harley is so easily abused. I think I will just but a page or two of Rat Queens/Chew art. They seem to go for about 150 a page.

I guess you are right. My irrational love of Harley is so easily abused. I think I will just but a page or two of Rat Queens/Chew art. They seem to go for about 150 a page.

Usually if there's something I want but know I don't need, I back off it for a few days, and usually the urge to buy it goes away. Don't pay attention to what Cheska is doing, she's a crazy person. She spends more money on this shit than I do, and that's a bad sign. XD

Messi

Usually if there's something I want but know I don't need, I back off it for a few days, and usually the urge to buy it goes away. Don't pay attention to what Cheska is doing, she's a crazy person. She spends more money on this shit than I do, and that's a bad sign. XD

I think I will do that. Its crazy that im even considering this. I am going on holidays next thursday. I'd probably crumble if a store in Orlando has it. Would customs let me carry it through going home? Doubt it.

Also why you stop posting in/looking at the Pickups thread, as glorious as it may be.

Art print gaf also, of which Cheska is also a prime member.

Bii

I think I will do that. Its crazy that im even considering this. I am going on holidays next thursday. I'd probably crumble if a store in Orlando has it. Would customs let me carry it through going home? Doubt it.

Art print gaf also, of which Cheska is also a prime member.

Fancy poster GAF can do a number on you. I think I spent a little over $1k in the past few months on posters/prints. I've backed off a bit for now.

Fancy poster GAF can do a number on you. I think I spent a little over $1k in the past few months on posters/prints. I've backed off a bit for now.

I've only poked my head in there once or twice. What do art prints go for on average? Because some of those prices were lolololololololol.

Bii

I've only poked my head in there once or twice. What do art prints go for on average? Because some of those prices were lolololololololol.

Usually $40-$100 if you can get a print when it drops. If not, the sky's the limit on how far some of these prints go in the aftermarket. $200, $400, $1000, $2000...

All the pretty pictures in the world can't save that Best Poster award now

Oh gosh. I'm far from the "best poster". Others here are way more deserving. I hope you're not serious, haha. :p

Usually $40-$100 if you can get a print when it drops. If not, the sky's the limit on how far some of these prints go in the aftermarket. $200, $400, $1000, $5000...

I find that somewhat hilarious. I usually won't pay more than $50 or so for a print. Anymore than that, I'll just find something else.

Messi

Forgot to post my list this week. Marvel cleaning up in a fairly small week for me.

DC:

BATMAN ETERNAL #13

Image:

SOUTHERN BASTARDS #3

Marvel:

BLACK WIDOW #8
MAGNETO #6
MILES MORALES ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #3
ORIGINAL SIN #5
PUNISHER #8
ROCKET RACCOON #1
THOR GOD OF THUNDER #24

Bii

I find that somewhat hilarious. I usually won't pay more than $50 or so for a print. Anymore than that, I'll just find something else.

I have said the same thing to myself. And then I would see a print that I'd really want going for $75. I would rationalize with myself saying that it's just another $25 over my "limit". After I become comfortable with $75, I see other prints I want in the $100 range, telling myself that $100 is not too far off from $75...

See where this is going? lol

ReAxion

== Marvel ==
BLACK WIDOW #8
LEGENDARY STAR LORD #1 ANMN
MAGNETO #6
MOON KNIGHT #5
ORIGINAL SIN #5
ROCKET RACCOON #1 ANMN

== Image ==
EAST OF WEST #13
NAILBITER #3

Zombine

Banned
Forgot to post my list this week. Marvel cleaning up in a fairly small week for me.

DC:

BATMAN ETERNAL #13

Image:

SOUTHERN BASTARDS #3

Marvel:

BLACK WIDOW #8
MAGNETO #6
ORIGINAL SIN #5
PUNISHER #8
ROCKET RACCOON #1
THOR GOD OF THUNDER #24

Now THAT is a list I can get behind.

Kikarian

My list:

DC:
Batman Eternal #13

Marvel:
Magneto #6
Miles Morales The Ultimate Spider-Man #3
Moon Knight #5
Punisher #8
Rocket Raccoon #1

What? Did you people even look at what comes out this week for DC?

Action Comics
Batman/Superman
Earth 2
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Justice League 3000
Superman Unchained
Swamp Thing

Like, the only bad books out of the bunch, imo, are Batwing and Phantom Stranger.

Ya'll is crazy.

Zombine

Banned
What? Did you people even look at what comes out this week for DC?

Action Comics
Batman/Superman
Earth 2
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Justice League 3000
Superman Unchained
Swamp Thing

Like, the only bad books out of the bunch, imo, are Batwing and Phantom Stranger.

Ya'll is crazy.

Batman/Superman, Green Arrow. That's what I could narrow that down to if I was desperate.

I know its nuts. but here were are, sitting on the confirm order page. its like looking over the edge of a cliff.

Just to put it in perspective, that's a PS4 dude, and a couple of games, and PS+.

My list,

Action Comics
Aquaman And The Others
Batman Eternal
Batman Superman
Earth 2
Green Lantern
Justice League 3000
New 52 Futures End
Superman Unchained
Swamp Thing
Trinity Of Sin The Phantom Stranger

Batman/Superman, Green Arrow. That's what I could narrow that down to if I was desperate.

Soooo... the rest of those titles are shit... ?

I just wanna make sure I understand that baller top tier Magneto shits from on high on the amazing run of Action Comics we've been having.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom