• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikarian

I bought statue
Phil-Thumbs-Up.gif

Messi

Good job, Messi.

My statue lust has been quenched for the time being.

I am sorry Cheska, I couldn't be a baller on your level. :( Please don't hate me.

75$ plus shipping aint bad. But I see there is also a Catwoman and the Harley statue that caused all the uproar.

My statue lust has been quenched for the time being.

I am sorry Cheska, I couldn't be a baller on your level. :( Please don't hate me.

75$ plus shipping aint bad. But I see there is also a Catwoman and the Harley statue that caused all the uproar.

Look at the bright side, you've redeemed yourself in my eyes. Honestly, I kinda hate the statues with actual fabric clothing. I like that shit molded/sculpted. I think it looks silly otherwise.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Pheeew. Thank goodness, Messi. You're not completely sane, but you're more sane than you had me thinking for a second there. :p

List of quenching statue lust
Disclaimer:
No statues may appear on List
Action Comics #33
Batman Eternal #13
Batman Superman #12
Green Arrow #33
Superman Unchained #7

East of West #13
Lazarus #9
Southern Bastards #3

Black Widow #8
Captain America #22
Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man #3
Moon Knight #5
Original Sin #5
Punisher #8
Rocket Raccoon #1
Thor God of Thuder #24

Bonus: DAREDEVIL BY MARK WAID HC VOL 03

Kipp

Listen, its July. Where is the new bloody thread? Laughing stock of GAF again.

:(

The June OT is just too good to give up that easily. Surely the rest of GAF will understand.

On another note, I think I'm gonna start V for Vendetta...

Kipp

I don't know how things work in your heathen country, but it's still June here.

Oh. Yeah. Yeah it is June still.
For some reason I keep thinking today is July 1st. I even was thinking yesterday that it was the last day of June.
The days have been going by too fast, and I guess I'm overcompensating now by thinking the days are further ahead than they actually are.

fertygo

Azzarelo or Chiang better preparing new Zatanna solo or something like that, or I'm really gonna believing its pointless to expect quality from anything that's not Batman from DC.

"The Finches want to branch off and focus on who she is — her interpersonal relationships and her responsibilities to the Amazons and her fellow heroes in the Justice League."

read: Dan DiDio squeals with glee as he gets a compliant good-DC-soldier creative team who will execute all the terrible editorially mandated DCU crossover ideas he couldn't force Azzarello to include

I mean, it's great to have another woman on WW, but AFAIK, Meredith Finch has written next to nothing other than a couple Sexy Violent Oz comics for Zenescope; could the nepotism be much more blatant here?

EDIT: also, what the hell is this sexist garbage

"That's one aspect of being a female writer I can bring to her. Women tend to react in a different way, and I can bring some of that reactionary (thinking), going from your heart sometimes more than from your head,'' she says.

Messi

"The Finches want to branch off and focus on who she is — her interpersonal relationships and her responsibilities to the Amazons and her fellow heroes in the Justice League."

read: Dan DiDio squeals with glee as he gets a compliant good-DC-soldier creative team who will execute all the terrible editorially mandated DCU crossover ideas he couldn't force Azzarello to include

I mean, it's great to have another woman on WW, but AFAIK, Meredith Finch has written next to nothing other than a couple Sexy Violent Oz comics for Zenescope; could the nepotism be much more blatant here?

1. Her relationships are dealt with in the current book, also the baby.

2. Responsibilities to the amazons, like the stuff she currently does?

So its going to be a justice league book?

I know it makes too much sense but why don't we wait til the new WW is actually out before we down it. Maybe she can write a good WW.

After reading Arkham Asylum, was in a Joker mood so I went and bought Azzarellos Joker OGN. Can't wait to dig in.

ElNarez

Banned

I didn't even want to read the goddamn piece but holy shit between that and Finch's inability to see women as anything other than a butt or boob shot delivery mechanism this is goddamn dire. Like, I'm all for more women in comics, but dang DC. Not like this. Not like this.

(still better than Wood on Moon Knight)

Messi

I know it makes too much sense but why don't we wait til the new WW is actually out before we down it. Maybe she can write a good WW.

After reading Arkham Asylum, was in a Joker mood so I went and bought Azzarellos Joker OGN. Can't wait to dig in.

We are just discussing it, i'm sure most here will give it an issue or two to see how it is. It's just a bit of a letdown that the current creative team is leaving.

I didn't even want to read the goddamn piece but holy shit between that and Finch's inability to see women as anything other than a butt or boob shot delivery mechanism this is goddamn dire. Like, I'm all for more women in comics, but dang DC. Not like this. Not like this.

(still better than Wood on Moon Knight)
"Hey, you guys wanted more women working for DC, well here you fucking go!"

dan_didio_576.jpg

We are just discussing it, i'm sure most here will give it an issue or two to see how it is. It's just a bit of a letdown that the current creative team is leaving.

That creative team gave it 35 issues! That's pretty damn good. Also, they are going to take over Catwoman.

Dead

well not really...yet
Just read David Finch is taking over Wonder Woman?

my condolences to all WW readers.

I haven't read the whole run so far but it's been by far the most consistent nu52 title in terms of art and story from what ive read.

That's what I got out of it, and that's going to make me drop the book if they do it. I'm still reading WW precisely because it doesn't tie into any of their other books.

Remember when DiDio said this after forcing JHWIII and Blackman off Batwoman? Azz's WW has been remarkable in its near-complete refusal to acknowledge the rest of the DCU, but you can bet that he's been salivating for ages at the prospect of handing the book to a creative team he can trust to faithfully execute whatever DCU crossover he demands, critics be damned.

Messi

That creative team gave it 35 issues! That's pretty damn good. Also, they are going to take over Catwoman.

Please. Don't play with my heartstrings. Did you get any response to that Catwoman tweet earlier. I appreciated it :). Gail Simone was straight up about not wanting to lol.

ElNarez

Banned
Remember when DiDio said this after forcing JHWIII and Blackman off Batwoman? Azz's WW has been remarkable in its near-complete refusal to acknowledge the rest of the DCU, but you can bet that he's been salivating for ages at the prospect of handing the book to a creative team he can trust to faithfully execute whatever DCU crossover he demands, critics be damned.

I mean to be fair, crossovers aren't always the death knell for anything good or worthwhile. Great creative teams have found ways to not only make it work, but to create motherfucking classic runs out of them. Didio wanting more of that fuzzy feeling of everything being connected like it was some kind of master plan isn't bad in itself, and I'd even call it commendable. Of all the problems I have with this announcement, this is the part I'd be all for with literally any other creative team.

Please. Don't play with my heartstrings. Did you get any response to that Catwoman tweet earlier. I appreciated it :). Gail Simone was straight up about not wanting to lol.

Never expected one really. If it is going to happen, it going to be announced soon. October kicks off Batman and Batman Eternal coexisting with each other. Their stories will run along the same continuity. If the Catwoman solo book looks todo the same, they have to announce it soon.

Edit

@brendenfletcher: Sneaky peek at @karlkerschl illustrating a page of #GOTHAMACADEMY! http://t.co/elrWp0t7Ig

Cheska

I need a fucking shower. Cheska you are an awful awful influence.

still awesome though.

Don't you fucking do it, Messi. Cheska is a bad influence (and probably a terrible person). Don't give in! $400 is nutso, and this is coming from someone who spends several hundred dollars per month on imported pvc figures from Japan.

Sorry Cheska, I had to demonize you for Messi's benefit.

I know its nuts. but here were are, sitting on the confirm order page. its like looking over the edge of a cliff.

250 is my statue limit. Told ya mang, Cheska balls hard.
Boy oh boy, at work all day and this madness starts! HAHA

To be fair, I got an incredible deal on these. Like, really really good.

But Messi, to be perfectly honest with you, I would not, and do not recommend spending 400 euros up front on something like this.

They're outstanding, and far and away the best quality statue I've seen, but the prices some of these go for are insane.

It's part of the reason I like the flex pay that Sideshow offers, I can justify $40-$60 a month.

Also why you stop posting in/looking at the Pickups thread, as glorious as it may be.

Was this directed towards me? I peek in there sometimes.

Art print gaf also, of which Cheska is also a prime member.
Mondotees is too addicting for it's own good. I'm selling three of their art prints though if you guys are interested ;)

Cheska is D. Wade and Messi is Kevin Hart.
This legitimately made me laugh out loud!!

Owzers

I started up Unwritten vol 5 after not being fond of vol 4 a few months back. Feels weird not reading a book for so long and popping back in.

MG310

Was this directed towards me? I peek in there sometimes.

I'm terrible at using the quote button..it was directed at Freezasaurus comment about stepping back and considering things for a few days.

That thread lead me to a lot of bad impulse buying.

Anything noteworthy from the Nightwing sale? I'm already gonna get that first miniseries.

All i know is that the New 52 stuff was consistently mediocre for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom