• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

CTW-Cv29-da864.jpg

I'm getting one of those comic frames and putting it up someplace. Dodson redeems the book with the covers.

You picked the one good cover

Messi

The one after it is pretty good too I think.

I will admit that the covers are the least of that books problems. Selina on the cover rarely looks like Selina in the book (interior Selina is dogshit)

Edit: loved March's Selina.

Terry Dodson does draw some lovely women. He draws the best Black Cat.

I love creator couples like the Dodsons, the Allreds, and Amanda Conner + Jimmy Palmiotti.

Zombine

Banned
Terry Dodson does draw some lovely women. He draws the best Black Cat.

I love creator couples like the Dodsons, the Allreds, and Amanda Conner + Jimmy Palmiotti.

I can spot a Terry Dodson nose from a mile away. I love it.

Edit: only Comic power couple I dislike are Fraction and Kelly Sue. They are the Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin of our fandom.

Messi

Ugh. I am getting depressed looking at this and seeing where we are now.

Save us Amanda Conner and Jimmy.

I should point out that I only received 10 votes for the best comics of May, which is not a lot compared to previous months; quite a few regulars in this thread didn't vote at all. So, if you think "my vote doesn't count" then I urge you to reconsider, because honestly it wouldn't take much.

Zombine

Banned
Oh my god all of this good art. It's like I just opened up a bag of Salt & Vinegar chips. I can't stop eating with my eyes. Please help me.

Owzers

I should point out that I only received 10 votes for the best comics of May, which is not a lot compared to previous months; quite a few regulars in this thread didn't vote at all. So, if you think "my vote doesn't count" then I urge you to reconsider, because honestly it wouldn't take much.

DCBS readers are still readers, we have feelings and souls and sometimes we forget if a book in our shipment came out in the current month or the previous.

That's sad. Maybe instead of making it a top 3 kinda of thing, maybe give the top 3 the special treatment like you do with writer and artist credits but flesh it out with a top 10 so people can see if their book made it in the top 10. I mean, there is over 200 books released a month from different publishers. Listing 10 of those shouldn't take away from how prestigious winning our monthly award should be.

I just didn't read a lot of May's comics yet due to exams. In the past few weeks, my reading is all over the place and I didn't get to many current books. I think all I read from May so far was Rat Queens, Saga, Forever Evil/Justice League (the whole thing) and Uncanny Avengers along with the first half of Bloodspell.

holyshitrofl at that BG figure
THE AUTEUR'S TIME TO SHINE! GONNA TAKE THE TOP SPOT

That print is very lovely.
Yes it is, it's signed too!
at night if your bored do you fap to the powergirl art?
I would never betray Peej like that
How can you not use that Booster Gold in... like... every picture you ever take again?
It's hard not to, it's a really amazing toy. I was walking around the shop with my friend like I always do, and we walked by the toy section and I saw Boostie sitting there with his head cocked to one side smiling at me and I knew I had to own him.
I just searched for that Booster Gold figure on Amazon and the cheapest seller has it for $30.

I love my LCS lol. I give the toy two thumbs up!

Bii

I didn't vote because I forgot to. :(
If I did, maybe Saga #19 would have been first place. Also, I didn't read all of my May books yet.

the problem here is with the weird Superman drawings

sometimes he looks like a rich snob with a bowl cut
other times like a dispreportional long armed man

So, absently looking at some of the Avengers/New Avengers Incursion stuff, can someone clarify some stuff for me;

They are actively, at this point, trying to destroy other worlds? The Fake JLA is a team the Avengers are fighting so they can destroy that teams world?

Have they not tried moving the Earth so it isn't in the same spot to collide with as opposed to blowing an Earth up?

How are they still heroes?

Is there a good place for a synopsis for all of this?

Knocked out 2 books in my backlog so far this weekend.

Read Ultimate Spiderman Ultimate Collection vol 4 which collects 40-53 I think. Mary Jane and Peter together, Peter without his suit, meeting the X-Men and the return of Kingpin. I have now read like 70+ issues of Bendis writing some version of Spider-man and he is my favorite writer of the character. I LOVE Bagley's art!

Also read Nightwing n52 vol 3. I have read this whole series so far by trades and have enjoyed each one so far. But....nothing stands out as extraordinary. Higgins has a good solid grasp on the character but plays it safe at all times. He never tried to grow the character and only operated within the status quo. Dick Grayson needed a change of scenery.

Cheska

CTW-Cv29-da864.jpg

I'm getting one of those comic frames and putting it up someplace. Dodson redeems the book with the covers.

That's probably one of my least favorites, her eye...it looks weird and it's the only thing I can focus on in the picture haha.

Guillem March draws my favorite Selina.

tumblr_lzeevwpt3j1qgictio2_250.jpg
Totally agree, Gotham City Sirens was soooo good.

Did someone post Amanda Conner art?
p2lGwLHl.jpg

I'm so glad I bought this Booster Gold toy for $9

LOL! That's fucking awesome.

The OT's finest OT, as usual.

I definitely plan to hop into voting eventually, but most of my money is going to older books right now so I don't have much to vote for. I'm sure I'm not the only regular in this boat.

So, absently looking at some of the Avengers/New Avengers Incursion stuff, can someone clarify some stuff for me;

They are actively, at this point, trying to destroy other worlds? The Fake JLA is a team the Avengers are fighting so they can destroy that teams world?

Have they not tried moving the Earth so it isn't in the same spot to collide with as opposed to blowing an Earth up?

How are they still heroes?

Is there a good place for a synopsis for all of this?
Up to this point, the Earths they've destroyed were either dead or dying planets. And yes, if the Illuminati want to save their Earth they will have to destroy the opposing Earth the not-JLA come from, or vice versa. Either both Earths are destroyed through collision leading to the early death of both universes, or one Earth is destroyed prematurely, preventing that collision and thus sparing both universes.

No one on Earth knows about the incursions except for the Illuminati; you can't move the Earth without revealing why you're doing it. Also, I don't think physically moving the Earth is a solution, since Earth is the epicenter for whatever started the incursions and put the multiverse at risk. I don't think it's a purely spatial problem that can be solved with simply moving out of the way. I might be wrong but I think they actually covered this in the first arc.

Well now, that's the question isn't it? At what point do good men put aside being good for the sake of the survival of everything? And, can they still call themselves heroes at that point?

Messi

Read the first Lazarus trade. That was something... Not sure I want to continue. Everyone seems like a really shitty person in it.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
The newest issues of Southern Bastards and Deadly Class were both great. I cant wait to see where these stories go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom