• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started reading comics this week (1991 x-men) and I really had no idea I would enjoy it so much. They are really cheap, but the shipping adds up. Can see myself building up a collection in the future.

Welcome friend!

I think my current list would probably be:

10) WONDER WOMAN
9) DETECTIVE COMICS
8) AQUAMAN
7) BATMAN/SUPERMAN
6) GREEN ARROW
5) BATMAN BEYOND UNIVERSE
4) SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN
3) RED LANTERNS
2) ACTION COMICS
1) BATMAN

Zombine

Banned

I know why isn't Catwoman on there?

Bloodspell. So Good.

All these people verifying my legendary status for Bloodspell brings a tear to my eye.

BloodspellPeek1.jpg

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Some strange choices, no Superman/Wonder Woman is baffling.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

WAT.

Are you reading floppies or trades? Floppies are the dirt worst,

LOL the art in x-men 1991 is pretty much the most intense nostalgic imagery from my childhood and the reason I decided to give comics a shot.

I don't know what those terms mean, but the first issue is much higher quality than the others that I got. Maybe that one is a "trade?" the others have ads on a lot of pages and the paper isn't as high quality. They are all either brand new or close to it.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I wish I could vote for comic of the month. #tradewaitingproblems

I feel the need to remind you guys that the Six-Gun Gorilla TPB comes out June 11th.

OOOH YEEEEEAAAH. I 100% completely forgot that book existed. It was getting hyped so hard in this thread and now I forgot to be excited for the trade. Thanks for reminding me. I'll definitely pick it up sometime.

...My IST wishlist is getting out of control.

I don't know what those terms mean, but the first issue is much higher quality than the others that I got. Maybe that one is a "trade?" the others have ads on a lot of pages and the paper isn't as high quality. They are all either brand new or close to it.

Trade Paperbacks are paperback collections of multiple issues, so something like Batman: Year One is a trade. Floppies are single issues, something like Amazing Spider-Man #1.

I am flying through some series on Marvel Unlimited, finally read through Vaughn's Runaways and some other side series I would never have picked up otherwise. Think I want to do Avengers Arena and Spurrior's X-Men Legacy next.

Kipp

Man, I wish I could jam through books like some of you guys can. I can usually only enjoy 2-3 issues a day before I feel like I'm reading just for the sake of getting through issues.
There's so much good stuff I want to read, but I'm so limited by my slow reading. Haha

Cheska

Man, I wish I could jam through books like some of you guys can. I can usually only enjoy 2-3 issues a day before I feel like I'm reading just for the sake of getting through issues.
There's so much good stuff I want to read, but I'm so limited by my slow reading. Haha

I just multitask a lot. I'll read while my fiance and I watch a movie/show. Or while I listen to a podcast. Or on my lunch break at work lol

Zombine

Banned
I just multitask a lot. I'll read while my fiance and I watch a movie/show. Or while I listen to a podcast. Or on my lunch break at work lol

I wish I could do that! I basically have to sit with only background music on at best while reading or I get sidetracked. I don't think I could ever listen to people talk while trying to read.

I love that my favorite sport is Baseball, the perfect thing to have on in the background while I read. I'm almost done with the Black Mirror. Went through 3 books this weekend.

Kipp

Oh geez. I could not do this if my life depended on it. If I can hear people talking or pretty much anything else, I just can't read (books or comics).
If I'm going to read, I have to completely focus on reading. I really wish I could read with distractions happening, but for some reason my mind just doesn't let me.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I wish I could do that! I basically have to sit with only background music on at best while reading or I get sidetracked. I don't think I could ever listen to people talk while trying to read.

Yo, I generally can't read anything with music, or tv, or any other audible noise. Deltron's 3030 turned down is the only thing that I can read along to and still be able to focus on what I'm reading.

Only multitasking I'm doing is reading my floppies in the bathroom.

Zombine

Banned
Yo, I generally can't read anything with music, or tv, or any other audible noise. Deltron's 3030 turned down is the only thing that I can read along to and still be able to focus on what I'm reading.

Only multitasking I'm doing is reading my floppies in the bathroom.

I don't know man I would probably start dancing to Positive Contact. My ADD knows no bounds. I'd start turning pages and dancing.

I'm also one of those dudes who ends up reading the same panel like 4 times. I don't know how it happens.

Messi

Based off our similar interests, I really think you would have a blast with it.

Lovely panel

I feel like that panel represents Messi and the rest of ComicsGAF is Selina, Ivy and Talia.

Funny, that was the exact same thing I thought. XD

Poor Messi.

Well then, how about I take a break from posting. I'll be in the corner reading my comic books.

Messi is the heart and soul of ComicsGAF

Why thank you :p

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I don't know man I would probably start dancing to Positive Contact. My ADD knows no bounds. I'd start turning pages and dancing.

I'm also one of those dudes who ends up reading the same panel like 4 times. I don't know how it happens.

Yo, that's awesome. Virus is my jam. I space out, no pun intended.

Zombine

Banned
Looks like the Arkham Asylum Ivy statue is painted. I'm not really a fan of the black & white motif with a few bits of color.

Such a beautiful statue with really questionable coloring. She almost looks purple to me.

This is my next black and white DC statue:

bm_bw_zombie_bm_adams_1_52fadcf1aeb954.45767552.jpg

Kipp

Ah, I'm updating my IST wishlist now with upcoming releases. I only had four or five things left on my wishlist and it seems they've updated the future releases recently.

I just wait until Tuesdays and go through the list of releases and add things I'm interested in.
I'm always very pleased when I can get through the whole list of new releases and not add anything. Haha

So far I've managed to stick to my guns and not buy anything else before Big Damn Sin City is released though.

Looks like the Arkham Asylum Ivy statue is painted. I'm not really a fan of the black & white motif with a few bits of color.

It's really odd to me that they'd choose red as the only color on Poison Ivy. You'd think green would make more sense.

Messi

Yeah, I thought it was coming out last week, but apparently it got delayed.

She's sold out, but the second edition is coming out in September with some minor alterations.

Yeah my order changed to June 17th. Shame I was hoping to get mine before my July trip but I takes me 3 weeks or so to get stuff from tfaw.

Is she a different colour?

kswiston

What do you guys do with all these statues? Put them on bookshelves and display cases?

I don't think I have every bought geek swag related to any of my hobbies. Some statues look cool, but I am not sure what I would actually do with them. Not really the nick nack type.

Messi

What do you guys do with all these statues? Put them on bookshelves and display cases?

I don't think I have every bought geek swag related to any of my hobbies. Some statues look cool, but I am not sure what I would actually do with them. Not really the nick nack type.

Put them on stands or cases and let them look awesome.

Owzers

I like a very small amount of statues on my comic shelf, was debating getting rid of batman for the first harley...but money and i like that batman statue. Those are my worse trades though...

Boogiepop

Could someone point me to the Age of apocalypse trade?

I get the feeling that somehow I will buy the wrong thing.

There's an omnibus, but that looks to be horribly out of print. This should probably start you off well though.

Edit: Oh god damn you Archie Comics! I just looked, and their comics solicited for May have slipped an UNGODLY amount. Not only have World's Collide 3 and Sonic Saga 5 slipped into July, Sonic Universe 7 is now late August, and Mega Man 7 is now somehow mid September! What the hell is going on over there that their trades are slipping back four months (assuming it does in fact release then of course). /super grumpy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom