• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheska

Read the first Lazarus trade. That was something... Not sure I want to continue. Everyone seems like a really shitty person in it.

What? But Forever is so awesome!

My own personal predictions for the future
She's going to turn on her family, duh

Owzers

Read the first Lazarus trade. That was something... Not sure I want to continue. Everyone seems like a really shitty person in it.

That's why i dropped it, it was too depressing and grim for me. Issue 8 was a bit better though, i'm just not sure it's a world i want to read a comic in. ^^^ I do like Forever too.

I should point out that I only received 10 votes for the best comics of May, which is not a lot compared to previous months; quite a few regulars in this thread didn't vote at all. So, if you think "my vote doesn't count" then I urge you to reconsider, because honestly it wouldn't take much.

I couldn't vote, I'm waiting for my DCBS shipment. I wish the voting time could go on to the first week of the next month.

arkon

That's why i dropped it, it was too depressing and grim for me. Issue 8 was a bit better though, i'm just not sure it's a world i want to read a comic in. ^^^ I do like Forever too.

Feels like it would read better in trade. That was my reason for dropping it after the first four issues. Haven't been bothered to go back to it yet. I guess I'll wait for the series to progress a lot further before jumping back in with trades.

Man... I really want to read Bloodspell but I just had to spend $200 on my car. I'm gonna probably order that, Uncanny Avengers Vol 3, and Black Science Vol 1 later this month.

Bloodspell was fantastic. Wish it was an ongoing series. Very cool team dynamic.

Re-reading The Black Mirror now like I said I would and I just made a connection between this and Nightwing vol 3. In Nightwing, there is a scene in which Batman takes Nightwing to an secret auction where they are auctioning off things from famous Gotham villains and heros. Then in Black Mirror, they mention Mirror House which is a secret society that does the same thing. Pretty neat.

Save us Amanda Conner and Jimmy.

omg, Conner / Palmiotti Catwoman? It would be cause for celebration.

I miss long hair Selina.

It'd be a nice change, but I'm so used to short hair Selina. What story is that pic from?

Totally agree, Gotham City Sirens was soooo good.

I never had a chance to read that series, but I really want too. Good thing DC is releasing collected editions of it starting this fall.

Cheska

I never had a chance to read that series, but I really want too. Good thing DC is releasing collected editions of it starting this fall.

Based off our similar interests, I really think you would have a blast with it.

gotham-city-sirens-6-ijustmetyouandyes.jpg

Is anyone else still reading Samurai Jack? I love the TV series, but the book is missing something for me. It's like it gets the surface right but misses all of the depth. I'm really trying not to drop it to support it, but I think the quality is dropping to a level where I just may have to drop it.

Who is Joe Quinoa and why is his art so damn good on Bloodspell? His facial expressions are perfect.

Reading Spider-Man: Family Business and Black Canary and Zatanna: Bloodspell back-to-back made me truly appreciate how great Bloodspell is. DC needs Dini, man.

Joe Quinones is the best. He did a few Fracto FFs and the Green Lantern story in Wednesday Comics and also probably all of your favorite covers ever.

Bii

Bii you betrayed us! If only... We could have defeated the Batman.

Imagine the feats we could have achieved!

My list:
Black Widow #7
Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man #2
Original Sin #3
Punisher #6

Maybes (only because I haven't got around to reading their respective previous issues)
Cyclops #2
Iron Fist Living Weapon #3
Moon Knight #4

Might also pick up Tiny Titans. That looks way too cute to pass up.

James Tynion and Meghan Hetrick.

Edit whoops- those are the original creators of Nightwing 30.

The two the championed SGG here on GAF were la Maquinin and acid08.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I started reading comics this week (1991 x-men) and I really had no idea I would enjoy it so much. They are really cheap, but the shipping adds up. Can see myself building up a collection in the future.

kswiston

I started reading comics this week (1991 x-men) and I really had no idea I would enjoy it so much. They are really cheap, but the shipping adds up. Can see myself building up a collection in the future.

You should consider subscribing to Marvel Unlimited digital comics service. It's $10/month or $70/year for access to 13 000 back issues as recent as 6 months ago.

Zombine

Banned
I own up to not voting this month. Feel free to scold me.

Edit: True story. I was semi lurking ComicGAF when Six Gun Gorilla was being pushed. Turned out to be one of my favorites.

just ordered uncanny avengers volume 2 and 3. one is a paperback and one is a hardcover. #idontgiveaphuck

Yeah my copy of volume 1 is a paperback and 2 is a hardcover, I think it's better to not care now lol. Between waiting for DC paperbacks and the paperbacks of the Starman Omni getting cancelled, I just can't be bothered anymore. As long as I have the book I'm cool.

arkon

I was reading SGG along with those guys, but I suppose I didn't champion it as such. Was hoping for a nice OHC for it. I might just double dip anyway.

Speaking of missing members, what happened to doniewhalberg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom