• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2013. Nothing says "love you Mom" like a thick Man-Thing... Omnibus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

So I picked up the first few collections of Secret Six, and I am really digging it so far. However, it looks like I about to trade Nicola Scott for Jim Callifore. Sort of a bummer even though I like Callifore's art.

It's been a bit meh so far. But it's looking to pick up now that Spiral is finally about to get recruited.
And then get knocked down once Dexter Soy takes over art duties. I don't know if he draws with mud or spills water on his paper, but everything he does is so muddled. Hopefully they get up again ala Chumbawumba..

Owzers

Anyone else use the Marvel Unlimited ipad app? I've loved it but the bugs are really getting to me-I can't even download anything to my offline reading list at all anymore, and 90% of the time no comics open at all?

How the hell does this not work properly?

It's disappointing, they added full screen viewing and ended up breaking the app. I don't remember it being that bad before the update, now the browsing is laggy and the issues rarely ever actually load.

And they didn't add Mighty Thor #21 yet making sure i can't finish Everything Burns XO

Vyer

Why would one use the separate comic company apps as opposed to just using Comixology? Exclusive comics or something?

Acid08

Banned
Why would one use the separate comic company apps as opposed to just using Comixology? Exclusive comics or something?
Some publishers don't put things on Comixology, Dark Horse for example.

Marvel Comics Unlimited is entirely different though.

And then get knocked down once Dexter Soy takes over art duties. I don't know if he draws with mud or spills water on his paper, but everything he does is so muddled. Hopefully they get up again ala Chumbawumba..

I don't understand how this guy gets work, everything I see of his looks like smeared coloured dung. I was thinking of dropping Uncanny X-force then immediately did so when I saw he was drawing some issues.

I can appreciate almost any art even when I don't enjoy it save for his.... I just don't get it

AEREC

Anyone else use the Marvel Unlimited ipad app? I've loved it but the bugs are really getting to me-I can't even download anything to my offline reading list at all anymore, and 90% of the time no comics open at all?

How the hell does this not work properly?

It's pretty crappy in its current state. Was on a trip yesterday and just before getting on the plane I loaded 6 comics for offline viewing and confirmed they downloaded. As soon as I open it on the plane they all disappeared.

I've also had issues with pages being out of order and the comics actually loading 50% of the time.

ElNarez

Banned
got my mind on my money and my money on my LIST. FIFTH WEEK. LET'S DO THIS.

-Earth 2 Annual #1 (Which I don't know why I'm buying since I'm likely gonna bail the fuck out once Robinson is out, and that's a fucking shame because he was great at world-building)
-Justice League of America #4 (Somehow it's still good!)
-Red Hood and the Outlaws Annual #1 (Make or break, new kid needs to do something big and crazy because right now it's pretty fucking bleh)
-Captain America #7
-Fury Max #12 (HECKS YEAH IT'S A FURY MAX WEEK)
-New Avengers #6
-Uncanny X-Force #5 (For fuck's sake please be cool this time I don't want to have to drop you)
-WatXM #30 (Man, I really am not looking forward to more Hellfire Kidz Club shenanigans)
-X-Men #1 (grrl power and all that)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
My list is very light this week compared to last week:

Chew #34
Indestructible Hulk #8 Now
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #22
X-Men #1

Next week looks good though!

Chairhome

I feel exactly the same about E2. Figure I'll stick with it through Robinson's run at least. *shrugs*

I just picked up the first trade from the library and it seems pretty cool, not feeling the character designs though. Only read the first issue from the trade then saw that awful flash suit. :-/. The story is interesting though.

I just picked up the first trade from the library and it seems pretty cool, not feeling the character designs though. Only read the first issue from the trade then saw that awful flash suit. :-/. The story is interesting though.
The designs are chill. I need them to create figures for them. In my life. Earth 2 bat book.

ElNarez

Banned
Your not sticking around for Lemire's run brah?

Lemire can't take anymore books.

Lemire's studio mate and current writer of the mighty impressive Martian Manhunter backups in JLA Matt Kindt, however, totally could. If you doubt his ability to build a world, check out Mind MGMT.

Check out Mind MGMT anyway.

I AM STARTING THIS RUMOR HERE AND IF RICH JOHNSTON PICKS IT UP Y'ALL KNOW WHO DID THAT.

tim1138

Lemire's studio mate and current writer of the mighty impressive Martian Manhunter backups in JLA Matt Kindt, however, totally could. If you doubt his ability to build a world, check out Mind MGMT.

I AM STARTING THIS RUMOR HERE AND IF RICH JOHNSTON PICKS IT UP Y'ALL KNOW WHO DID THAT.

Stop it, I want Kindt to do a solo MMH book.

Been readin that before it was cool brah.

Quake1028

DC COMICS
WAKE #1

IMAGE COMICS
LOST VEGAS #3

MARVEL COMICS
CAPTAIN AMERICA #7
GAMBIT #13
INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK #8
NEW AVENGERS #6
WOLVERINE AND X-MEN #30

Small, but good week.

So I finally got around to reading all of Locke and Key and it's really good. Tight storytelling, with just the slightest bloat around the beginning of Clockworks. Can't wait for the end.

Necrovex

Went to the library today, and I am waiting for Mouse Guard Fall and Winter to arrive at my local place. I know this series won some Eisner awards. Besides that, I know very little about it besides it being a beast fable. Has anyone here read the series, and can fill me in about what makes it great?

Also, I didn't know much about Comixology, but I see they have the third volume of TMNT at a good price, so I'll be buying that soon. I gotta get my turtle action in!

ElNarez

Banned
Those guys are so fucking talented they found a way to keep on keeping on. Good on them, probably, depending on who's involved.

Oh crap guys, I just got back from a Dallas Public Library. When I was there I read the first volume of Incorruptible and some Spider-Man/Batman floppies. I checked out Batman Hush, The Dark Knight returns, Irredeemable v1, Axe Cop v1, Locke & Key v1 and the first three trades of Morning Glories.

The library is a beautiful place ;_;

Necrovex

Oh crap guys, I just got back from a Dallas Public Library. When I was there I read the first volume of Incorruptible and some Spider-Man/Batman floppies. I checked out Batman Hush, The Dark Knight returns, Irredeemable v1, Axe Cop v1, Locke & Key v1 and the first three trades of Morning Glories.

The library is a beautiful place ;_;

Who knew such a place could be so magical?

I'm on the second Bendis/Maleev Ultimate Collection of Daredevil, and this shit is stellar. How was I not a Daredevil fan before like, a month ago?

Are the Brubaker Ultimate Collections worth getting as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom