• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming to Xbox Game Pass: Disney Dreamlight Valley, You Suck at Parking, Metal: Hellsinger, and More

Draugoth

Gold Member
TW_Coming-Soon_9.6.22_8-c0039c5b9d0129184a70.jpg

Today
- Disney Dreamlight Valley
- Opus Magnum
- Train Sim World 3

Sept 13
- Ashes of the Singularity
- DC League of Super-Pets

Sept 14
- You Suck at Parking

Sept 15
- Despot's Game
- Metal: Hellsinger

Fb-V3X9XwAUhTxG

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Damn, I knew I should have started FF13 weeks ago. Never have played it. Don’t think I can get through it that fast with my schedule.

That Metal Hellsinger was a bit shit from what I remember of the demo. My daughter might enjoy the Disney game however, I’ll give that a download I guess.

Pagusas

Elden Member
this was inevitably the issue with these services right? Game Development/Production isn't like Hollywood/TV where shows are constantly flooding in a huge consistent pace, game development for AA and above takes 3 - 5 years now, a subscription service can't be sustained with new content at a rate that will be exciting for current users, leaving nothing but cheap Indie shit to fill the service with in the void of AA+ new titles. I wonder if we'll see a retooling of game development to push quick cheap titles out more and more to keep new things coming on Gamepass one day? Or if we'll see episodic content try to come back (again) now that a legit platform is in place (remember all the episodic experiments a decade ago, from valve and a few others? those were failed experiments, but the industry might be ready to try again, especially with the success of "season" based content we see in some games lately)

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Can't win every month.

Very true. I think they really enjoy launching the AAs and Indies on there. But, I think they should consider adding some standouts from last-gen on here on these slower months. Even with popular games, there will always be a cross section of GP users that never played them. Probably a lot of great games of all sizes that could be added at reasonable cost.

Kilau

My kids liked that DC super pets movie, maybe they will want to try the game. Rest is kinda meh.

Banjo64

cumsessed
this was inevitably the issue with these services right? Game Development/Production isn't like Hollywood/TV where shows are constantly flooding in a huge consistent pace, game development for AA and above takes 3 - 5 years now, a subscription service can't be sustained with new content at a rate that will be exciting for current users, leaving nothing but cheap Indie shit to fill the service with in the void of AA+ new titles. I wonder if we'll see a retooling of game development to push quick cheap titles out more and more to keep new things coming on Gamepass one day? Or if we'll see episodic content try to come back (again) now that a legit platform is in place (remember all the episodic experiments a decade ago, from valve and a few others? those were failed experiments, but the industry might be ready to try again, especially with the success of "season" based content we see in some games lately)
There’s a back log of excellent 360 and Xbox One games they could add.

Everyone gets a massive hard on for ‘new’ but I’d rather just have quality.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
In for Metal Hellsinger, looked like an interesting idea, just dunno how well it'll work.

Opus Magnum is a really neat game that made me feel like a dummy at times and a genius at others. Recommend if you like puzzles.

This Is absolute wank - no matter how one tries to spin it...
We went from having games like Ace combat 7, DMC5, Requiem, Hellblade etc etc to...this.
And it's not because these aren't "AAA" games but because they're almost bottom of the barell stuff, let's not kid ourselves, same thing happened to games with gold.

Now, next month is gonna be interesting 'cause those incoming indie games seem very, very nice (prodeus, moonscars, ghostsong etc).

PS: XSX-only owner and part of the green rat family here
PS2 : in before " but what about Scorn/Bethesda space game/Nth Forza/Forza Horizon?" /MS exclusive game coming 3 years from now)

Last edited:
quick glance on a Opus Magnum video gave me no clear idea what it is about, but this +
Ashes of the Singularity
Metal: Hellsinger
I'd check if I were subscribed to GP

maybe Disney Dreamlight Valley too

Leyasu

Banned
Incoming people pretending these are downright bangers.

Wtf is dreamlight valley btw? Never heard of it.
Incoming people ready for to continue the fight First post as well. Give yourself a pat on back warrior.

In other news. Terrible start to the month. Truely bad lol Nothing there at all

Last edited:

CeeJay

Maybe those kids games would have been better going to Gamepass last month for the school holidays rather than just after they've gone back after Summer?

Applicable for the Northern Hemisphere and Xbox's two biggest markets obviously before anyone says its not Summer!

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
There’s a back log of excellent 360 and Xbox One games they could add.

Everyone gets a massive hard on for ‘new’ but I’d rather just have quality.
Agreed on that, but I'm talking from the marketing/new angle, and thats what drives new customer adoption and what services need to survive.

Incoming people ready for to continue the fight First post as well. Give yourself a pat on back warrior.

In other news. Terrible start to the month. Truely bad lol Nothing there at all
Ley, c'mon brother, it's not like he's wrong, I mean, in the end you pretty much agree with him so...😁
I think that what he was trying to say is that the whole brainwashy "best deal in gaming" has gotten boring and stale - not to mention that people are always trying to defend this kind of thing , in fact, I'd say that the Xbox "hardcore" base has gotten worse than the PS one for some reason - that's my opinion at least, lots of fanaticism for...what exactly I don't know.
Cheers

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Next month actually looks insane with Persona 5 Royal, Plague Tale Requiem, Scorn, Signalis etc.
I'm making fun of GP this drop for sure, but the service is still 100% worth it for me.

Haven't finished Immortality. Didn't finish Aragami 2. Didn't even start Commandos or Tinykin yet. October is looking stacked. November has Pentiment. December has High on Life. And Metal Hellsinger is still an interesting day one indie.

Even in a very weak month, it's not that bad honestly as a whole. No one can actually finish the amount of games they dropped two weeks ago. And as you mentioned, they had big TGS announcements last year (Avengers and Scarlet Nexus).

Leyasu

Banned
Ley, c'mon brother, it's not like he's wrong, I mean, in the end you pretty much agree with him so...😁
I think that what he was trying to say is that the whole brainwashy "best deal in gaming" has gotten boring and stale - not to mention that people are always trying to defend this kind of thing , in fact, I'd say that the Xbox "hardcore" base has gotten worse than the PS one for some reason - that's my opinion at least, lots of fanaticism for...what exactly I don't know.
Cheers
Of course, that is utter shit what they have served up there. But it doesn’t excuse the fanboyism that strickens nearly every thread on here now.

Bragr

Banned
Ashes of the Singularity is great and Opus Magnum is fantastic. If you never played them, you should be happy.

I am happy Hellsinger got included, it's one of those games I am interested in but not sure I would buy.

Ozriel

M$FT

Pretty much why MS is growing their first party content so they’ll eventually be able to put more AAA games every quarter. You’re not going to get bangers every month, and that’s fine. Nobody’s buying AAA retail games every month either.

Top Bottom