• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming to Xbox Game Pass: Disney Dreamlight Valley, You Suck at Parking, Metal: Hellsinger, and More

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
The Disney game is that animal crossing knock off right? Might give it a try, maybe there marvel/Star Wars shit in it?

Banjo64

cumsessed
Ley, c'mon brother, it's not like he's wrong, I mean, in the end you pretty much agree with him so...😁
I think that what he was trying to say is that the whole brainwashy "best deal in gaming" has gotten boring and stale - not to mention that people are always trying to defend this kind of thing , in fact, I'd say that the Xbox "hardcore" base has gotten worse than the PS one for some reason - that's my opinion at least, lots of fanaticism for...what exactly I don't know.
Cheers
Definitely agree with that. It’s like they’ve taken it up to 11. They have to highlight something positive, even on months like this, rather than just say ‘this is shit’.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
this was inevitably the issue with these services right? Game Development/Production isn't like Hollywood/TV where shows are constantly flooding in a huge consistent pace, game development for AA and above takes 3 - 5 years now, a subscription service can't be sustained with new content at a rate that will be exciting for current users, leaving nothing but cheap Indie shit to fill the service with in the void of AA+ new titles. I wonder if we'll see a retooling of game development to push quick cheap titles out more and more to keep new things coming on Gamepass one day? Or if we'll see episodic content try to come back (again) now that a legit platform is in place (remember all the episodic experiments a decade ago, from valve and a few others? those were failed experiments, but the industry might be ready to try again, especially with the success of "season" based content we see in some games lately)
Bro chill you make it sound like it's been shit for a year. We recently got ac origins, immortal fenyx rising, Wildlands, watch dogs 2,outer worlds, and more.
It's like if psplus gets a bad month then the service has been bad forever.

(I didn't mention gwg because that is shit)

marjo

Opus Magnum is amazing and is probably Zachtronics' most accessible game.

Out of the remainder of that list, I'm looking forward to trying out Metal: Hellsinger and You suck at parking.

The_Mike

All of which have been available on Ubisoft+ for well over a year and a half. I didn't see people creaming themselves over those games then.
To be honest my guess is Ubisoft plus doesn't have 25 million active subscribers, and also even know about the service.

But I get it. Some people just legit hate game pass for some reason.

According to them there should be 5 new triple a games every month, and even if they did, the same people would say its always the wrong triple a games that gets on the service. Or, as you say, triple a games that makes you cream, whatever that means.

Anyways, thanks for proving my point 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Darsxx82

Ley, c'mon brother, it's not like he's wrong, I mean, in the end you pretty much agree with him so...😁
I think that what he was trying to say is that the whole brainwashy "best deal in gaming" has gotten boring and stale - not to mention that people are always trying to defend this kind of thing , in fact, I'd say that the Xbox "hardcore" base has gotten worse than the PS one for some reason - that's my opinion at least, lots of fanaticism for...what exactly I don't know.
Chers

I have not seen anyone celebrating the quality of the releases of this first fortnight of the month ..... and yet I have seen from the first quote a usual suspect wanting to believe that there is a worsening trend in Gamepass just because of the today's announcements.

So there is no point in supporting him in any way.

Apart from everything, you have in the article that :

"While you're updating your ordered list of games to play, make sure you add a reminder to check back here for our updates September 15 at the Tokyo Games Show! For now, let's get to the games:"

That is to say, in the TGS there will be new announcements and a new list for the second fortnight... We should still wait before drawing conclusions and even less about the trend of launches in Gamepass.

Last edited:

GHG

To be honest my guess is Ubisoft plus doesn't have 25 million active subscribers, and also even know about the service.

But I get it. Some people just legit hate game pass for some reason.

According to them there should be 5 new triple a games every month, and even if they did, the same people would say its always the wrong triple a games that gets on the service. Or, as you say, triple a games that makes you cream, whatever that means.

Anyways, thanks for proving my point 🤷🏻‍♂️.

So something needs to have 25 million subscribers before you can get behind it in order to access games you want to play? Ok, got it.

Sad, especially coming from someone who claims to be a PC gamer when you've had the likes of origin access, Ubisoft plus (back when it was called uplay plus) and even humble bundle available to you for the best part of half a decade.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Oh my god this is the best month ever!

Alejandro Jodorowsky Party GIF by Endless Poetry

Said absolutely no one.
I lol’d at your post. But, I can not for the life of me figure out wtf is going on in that gif. Is it a party? If so, why all margarita glasses? What is the person with the strange ceramic keg wearing? Who are these people? What is happening? What have you done?

Last edited:

anthony2690

Incoming people pretending these are downright bangers.

Wtf is dreamlight valley btw? Never heard of it.
It's Disney Animal Crossing pretty much, my other half is mega excited for it :)

It looks pretty high quality tbh.

I might give metal hellsinger a go, I'm surprised they never annouced it was coming to game pass prior.

anthony2690

All of which have been available on Ubisoft+ for well over a year and a half. I didn't see people creaming themselves over those games then.
The difference is, that requires another sub, that is more expensive than game pass ultimate. (£12.99 for Ubisoft+, £10.99 for game pass ultimate.)

Coming as part off a subscription you already have, is pretty cool.

I like immortals and think it is a great game, I purchased it at launch though, but nothing wrong with people being excited about being able to play it.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Incoming people pretending these are downright bangers.

Wtf is dreamlight valley btw? Never heard of it.
Metal Hellsinger has a lot of hype behind it, but not my type of game. Not ashamed to admit that Disney Animal Crossing is something I'm looking forward to. That said, definitely not a great start to the month, but I have a feeling the back end will be much better.

Last edited:

Jaybe

Gold Member
“Oof” on the surface, especially with plagues tale leaving. But Immortality and Tinykin were really good short games last drop, so hopefully one of these pans out or announcements later in the month make up for it. At least we get Portal 2 on GWG in the back half of September.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Never heard of most of these games. It’s like Games with Gold but 3 times the number of fodder.
Metal Hellsinger won Most Wanted PC Game and Best Action Game at Gamescon so I would call that one a good get. The rest not so much, but early access to that Disney game is nice.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
So something needs to have 25 million subscribers before you can get behind it in order to access games you want to play? Ok, got it.

Sad, especially coming from someone who claims to be a PC gamer when you've had the likes of origin access, Ubisoft plus (back when it was called uplay plus) and even humble bundle available to you for the best part of half a decade.
That is literally not at all what he said lol.

spons

Gold Member
I always thought A Plague Tale was published by Microsoft. Odd.
And I don't really need 5 AAA games every month, although they could certainly add more third-party crud to fill the lineup.
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/09/06/game-pass-september-2022-wave-1-announce/

^ First paragraph mentions more announcements at TGS, probably Deathloop and others.
Deathloop would be nice, but I don't believe in new Japanese productions coming to Xbox until I can actually play them. Spencer has been dicking around for a decade now with Japanese developers, and even that resulted in the bare minimum.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
I was thinking of gifting the Disney Valley game to my niece, but I found out it was made by the dollar store version of Ubisoft (aka Gameloft).
She's too young to know what makes a game good or bad, but I'm not gifting anyone Gameloft shit just like that. Will have to wait for user reviews.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Metal Hellsinger’s on my wishlist, but otherwise a very weak offering for my tastes.

Then again I’m not a full time subscriber. I’ll sub again when they give it to me for $1, so I can play all their big holiday games.

Hoping this month’s Humble Choice is as solid as last month’s.

GHG

The difference is, that requires another sub, that is more expensive than game pass ultimate. (£12.99 for Ubisoft+, £10.99 for game pass ultimate.)

Coming as part off a subscription you already have, is pretty cool.

I like immortals and think it is a great game, I purchased it at launch though, but nothing wrong with people being excited about being able to play it.

Nothing wrong with being excited to play it if it's something you've not played before but it's a strange deflection tactic when you consider how long those games have been around and the fact that they have existed on other sub services for years (some have appeared on multiple other subscription services). It's ok for people to state their displeasure with this months titles, anyone who is subscribed will already be aware of what's already available.

That is literally not at all what he said lol.

Yeh sure.

anthony2690

Nothing wrong with being excited to play it if it's something you've not played before but it's a strange deflection tactic when you consider how long those games have been around and the fact that they have existed on other sub services for years (some have appeared on multiple other subscription services). It's ok for people to state their displeasure with this months titles, anyone who is subscribed will already be aware of what's already available.

Yeh sure.
I'm not saying you can not be displeased, obviously everyone has different tastes, the past couple months haven't appealed to me too much.

But my other half has had a field day with stuff like house flipper, life is strange, Disney dreamlight, power wash simulator etc etc.

I'm personally hoping deathloop comes to Xbox later this month, as I've been really looking forward too it. :)

Last edited:

MadPanda

Banned
Waiting for the second batch, nothing for me here. Not that I would play anything immediately but anyway, nothing is nothing.

nocsi

Never seen so many people complaining about the games being dropped into the feeding trough. Games are games, eat up

• LOL
Reactions: GHG

reksveks

Metal Hellsinger is the stand-out

Despot's getting decent reviews on Steam -

But yeah, bit of a weak half; hoping TGS has Dangaronpa 3

fallingdove

Yuck. Yet another example of why an ongoing subscription to gamepass isn’t worth it. Subscribe for a couple of months of the year following the launch of a game you are really interested in and get the hell out.

Last edited:

The_Mike

Let me try to rephrase it.

If people barely knows about a service then there's not many people to say it's great.
I'm sure people would have found them decent if they knew about the service.

Then again, Ubisoft plus costs the same as GPU, and where Ubisoft only has their games GPU has all Microsoft first party and ea access included, together with a lot of different other games.

EA origin is a part of Game Pass. Back when both game pass and ea origin was around both services were not catered to me as I had the entirely library already.

Someone who decided to dedicated gaming since then between wow, gw2, eso for years i haven't bought games in ages, and now there's a lot of games for me.

True, there's only 3 or 4 really interesting games now, but I still try games and gets surprised or dissapointed. I would never have bought hades, but it's my goty even though it didn't release this year.

Humble bundle has been shit since IGN took over. It went slowly downhill, until they changed it to humble monthly. I paused the sub on the old price in case something good came, but after pausing for 6 months and accidently purchased a shit bundle I unsubbed and couldn't care less.
It's been trash games since then.

Ive always had all platforms except this gen, but I've always mained my pc. As I've said before my GPU decided to get semi fried in the beginning of the year, which is why I play on my one x since then.

I ain't gonna pay 600 bucks for a new GPU (which is the price atm in my country, the crypto crash hasn't affected the prices here at all).

Banjo64

cumsessed
Maybe it's not shit? Several day one games, of which at least 1-2 are definitely gonna be good. Also more announcements coming at TGS. Idk what people expect for $15 a month.
But it is shit? There’s thousands of games on Xbox, PS and Nintendo systems young and old that are better games than these, so why should I waste my time?

Today
- Disney Dreamlight Valley
- Opus Magnum
- Train Sim World 3

Sept 13
- Ashes of the Singularity
- DC League of Super-Pets

Sept 14
- You Suck at Parking

Sept 15
- Despot's Game
- Metal: Hellsinger

But it is shit? There’s thousands of games on Xbox, PS and Nintendo systems young and old that are better games than these, so why should I waste my time?

Today
- Opus Magnum
- Train Sim World 3

Sept 13

Sept 14
- You Suck at Parking

Sept 15
- Despot's Game
Why play old games when I can play new games? Also how do you know the games are shit when they aren't even out yet?

Microsoft knows they don't have a single AAA first-party game in all on 2022, which is the main selling point of GamePass. I'm surprised they aren't getting better third-party deals to make up for that.

I guess they feel they've already convinced people it's a good deal, so they're pulling back on the spending.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Why play old games when I can play new games? Also how do you know the games are shit when they aren't even out yet?
Because the old games are actually worth my time?

Just look at the critic and user feedback regarding Train Sim 1&2. If Train Sim 3 ends up being a 90 rated banger I’ll eat my own testicle.

Chukhopops

Today
- Opus Magnum
- Train Sim World 3

Sept 13

Sept 14
- You Suck at Parking

Sept 15
- Despot's Game
Opus Magnum is 90 MC, Ashes of the Singularity is 81, most of the rest isn’t even out yet.

But you know it’s shit already because bias gives you the power to see into the future. I didn’t expect much from Immortality and it ended up really good.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Opus Magnum is 90 MC, Ashes of the Singularity is 81, most of the rest isn’t even out yet.

But you know it’s shit already because bias gives you the power to see into the future. I didn’t expect much from Immortality and it ended up really good.
A puzzle based programming game, everyone’s cup of tea.

Here’s a screenshot;

Y7jkdauuhaXqozZHQaFtve-1200-80.jpg

Riveting.

Not sure why someone can’t be allowed to have a ‘this is shit’ opinion on Game Pass without the brigade arriving. You have a different opinion and want to spend hours and hours on this game, Disney Shovelware 4 and Train Sim 3 then go for it - somehow I doubt you’ll actually have the gamer score at the end of the month to back up your defence.

Top Bottom