• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming to Xbox Game Pass: Disney Dreamlight Valley, You Suck at Parking, Metal: Hellsinger, and More

baphomet

I don't like this trend of copying other games and releasing them as "made by fans as a love letter."

You're making a new IP. Have an original idea for FFS.

The industry is brimming with weird "souls like" games that try to play exactly the same as if they were mods. They even use the same controls and even the same fonts ffs. At least games like Hollow Knight or Salt & Sacrifice did something new and evolved that formula. These other games are just cheap copies.

/rant

congrats on completely missing the entire point of the game.

Its $30 on switch.

Right, but it's supposed to be free. I guess you could make the argument that if it wasn't for Microsoft no one would have it for "free" right now, but it's kind of the worst of both worlds. Others are made to wait, and Xbox owners get a game included with their paid service that was designed to be primarily supported with microtransactions. I just hope it doesn't become commonplace with either Microsoft or Sony buying limited exclusivity for games that are supposed to be free.

As a general rule, I also can't stand "pay us now to play our free game, or you have to wait" strategies. It's garbage. It's the reason I went from really wanting to try Rogue Company for months when not many games were coming out, only to finally be invested in other games by the time the developers made their "free" game actually free. Now I still haven't played it, and they lost a potential customer.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
What where have u been sleeping, other then the odd good game here and there, it’s been like this all year, if this what we can expect from gamepass going forward, ms can shove it up their own ass,
Grid Legends
Immortal fenyx rising
Death Stranding
Gr widlands
Watch dogs 2
Yakuza 0 kiwami
Yakuza 2 kiwami 2
Far cry 5
Fifa 22
Total war three kingdoms
AC origins
For honor
Sniper elite 5
Jurassic World evolution
Marvels guardian of the galaxy
Madden nfl 22
Total war warhammer 3
Edge of eternity
Hitman trilogy
Mass effect trilogy

This is the big games I've chosen, that has good scores and are popular.

If you've played them all, respect to you. I ain't gonna pay for so many games I'm gonna play once.

If you aren't interested in these, or anything else on the list, then I guess that narrows it down to your preferred genre is cinematic experiences, in which case game pass will never be for you.

But don't say there hasn't been any good games added lately. Maybe not for you, but these titles are popular. I know several of them are older titles, but not everyone is a millionaire like you and buy ten games each month.

If you expect every new release gets on game pass day one, then I'd say you have way too high expectations.

reksveks

CQij0ln.jpg

The first impression seems rather decent from critics and Steam players.

Probably not for me though.

Darsxx82

I remember that some said that this month of Gamepass was a hoax and spoke of a downward trend in releases only for the releases of the first fortnight of a single month...

Well, there is the reality. Deathloop, AC Odyssey, Fuga etc..

I remember that some said that this month of Gamepass was a hoax and spoke of a downward trend in releases only for the releases of the first fortnight of a single month... Well, there is the reality. Deathloop, AC Odyssey, etc..

Last edited:

mxbison

"You Suck At Parking" not having local multiplayer is so dumb. Like.....why? It's the first thing you think of when you see that game.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Man.

Talk about the stark difference in the first and second drops.

Nino Kuni remastered
Metal Hellsinger
Danganronpa V3
AC Odyssey
Deathloop
Grounded 1.0

and a few more games whose names escape me.

This might be one of the best months in a while all said and done.

What time should be Ni no kuni, AC Odyssey and Fuga available on GP?

I know this post is from yesterday but all 3 are live now.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Man.

Talk about the stark difference in the first and second drops.

Nino Kuni remastered
Metal Hellsinger
Danganronpa V3
AC Odyssey
Deathloop
Grounded 1.0

and a few more games whose names escape me.

This might be one of the best months in a while all said and done.

I know this post is from yesterday but all 3 are live now.

Goes to show you that you can never judge a month by the first half. They could always be holding out on us.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Gave up on Ni No Kuni on PS3 because I basically hate all JRPGs.

However, I loaded it up on the xCloud app on my phone and you can play with touch controls. It’s pretty mind boggling to me.

The console version is a genuine gen9 SX|SS optimized game, looks like it's 4K/60 to my eyes at least, might be 1440p/60 like the PS4 Pro version but it looks very clean.

Darsxx82

Oh my god this is the best month ever!

Alejandro Jodorowsky Party GIF by Endless Poetry

Said absolutely no one.

Imagine this was a bad month....

GRID Legends – September 1 (Console, PC)

Di
sney Dreamlight Valley (Early Access) – September 6 (Console, PC, Cloud)

Opus Magnum – September 6 (PC)

Train Sim World 3 – September 6 (Console, PC, Cloud)

Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation – September 13 (PC)

DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace – September 13 (Console, PC, Cloud)

Amazing Cultivation Simulator – September 14 (PC)

You Suck At Parking – September 14 (Console, PC, Claro)

Assassin's Creed Odyssey – September 15 (Console, PC, Cloud)

Danganropa V3: Killing Harmony – September 15 (Console, PC, Cloud)

Despot's Game – September 15 (Console, PC)

FUGA: Melodies of Steel – September 15 (Console, PC, Cloud)

Metal Hellsinger – September 15 (Console [Xbox Series X|S], PC)

Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch Remastered – September 15 (Console, PC, Cloud)

Outer Wilds (Xbox Series X|S version) – September 15 (Console)

Deathloop – September 20

Beacon Pines – September 22
(Console, PC)

Slime Rancher 2 (Early Access) – September 22 (Console, PC)

Grounded (1.0 release) – September 27 (Console, PC, Cloud)

Moonscars – September 27 (Console, PC)

Valheim – September 29 (PC)

Prodeus 1.0 - September 23 (consola,PC)

....What will it be like when it's the best month ever?

In short, it was clear that with the TGS nearby, MS kept things to itself and there are always surprises. But already someone from the first post spoke of Gamepass's downward trend in terms of releases and, nothing further, was a great month.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Imagine this was a bad month....

GRID Legends – September 1 (Console, PC)

Di
sney Dreamlight Valley (Early Access) – September 6 (Console, PC, Cloud)

Opus Magnum – September 6 (PC)

Train Sim World 3 – September 6 (Console, PC, Cloud)

Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation – September 13 (PC)

DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace – September 13 (Console, PC, Cloud)

Amazing Cultivation Simulator – September 14 (PC)

You Suck At Parking – September 14 (Console, PC, Claro)

Assassin's Creed Odyssey – September 15 (Console, PC, Cloud)

Danganropa V3: Killing Harmony – September 15 (Console, PC, Cloud)

Despot's Game – September 15 (Console, PC)

FUGA: Melodies of Steel – September 15 (Console, PC, Cloud)

Metal Hellsinger – September 15 (Console [Xbox Series X|S], PC)

Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch Remastered – September 15 (Console, PC, Cloud)

Outer Wilds (Xbox Series X|S version) – September 15 (Console)

Deathloop – September 20

Beacon Pines – September 22
(Console, PC)

Slime Rancher 2 (Early Access) – September 22 (Console, PC)

Grounded (1.0 release) – September 27 (Console, PC, Cloud)

Moonscars – September 27 (Console, PC)

Valheim – September 29 (PC)

Prodeus 1.0 - September 23 (consola,PC)

....What will it be like when it's the best month ever?

In short, it was clear that with the TGS nearby, MS kept things to itself and there are always surprises. But already someone from the first post spoke of Gamepass's downward trend in terms of releases and, nothing further, was a great month.
It was the wankest first half of a month.

It’s a great second half of the month.

Sadly, none of us have a crystal ball so all we can do is judge what’s put in front of us at the time.

Darsxx82

It was the wankest first half of a month.

It’s a great second half of the month.

Sadly, none of us have a crystal ball so all we can do is judge what’s put in front of us at the time.
There was no need for a Crystal ball, just to attend to the last paragraph of the announcement where users were invited to the announcements that would be made on the occasion of the TGS....

It was clear that there would be new and "big" announcements of new releases for September.

But as I was saying (I'm not saying this for you) someone already wanted to see a downward trend in Gamepass releases just because of that list from the first half of September.

That said, let's not expect them to always be magnificent every month, among other things because there are seasons in which there are no outstanding game releases...😅

Top Bottom