• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming to Xbox Game Pass: Disney Dreamlight Valley, You Suck at Parking, Metal: Hellsinger, and More

Banjo64

cumsessed
Train Sim 2 had good (user) reviews. Train Sim 3 gonna be good.
Where? Not being a dick but it’s rock bottom on MC and quite poor for Steam’s standards as well;

1vfBEi5.jpg

Tinykin sits at 98% very positive, that was a great get.

Mostly low profile indies? Yeah I think I can predict how gaf will react.

I can agree that this is among the less exciting drops, but I’m still up to try out Hellsinger, Magnum Opus and Despot’s Game. But no matter, there’s plenty of other stuff I want to get to in my Game Pass backlog.

Chukhopops

A puzzle based programming game, everyone’s cup of tea.

Here’s a screenshot;

Y7jkdauuhaXqozZHQaFtve-1200-80.jpg

Riveting.

Not sure why someone can’t be allowed to have a ‘this is shit’ opinion on Game Pass without the brigade arriving. You have a different opinion and want to spend hours and hours on this game, Disney Shovelware 4 and Train Sim 3 then go for it - somehow I doubt you’ll actually have the gamer score at the end of the month to back up your defence.
So your argument is « I don’t like puzzle games therefore it’s shit »?

Guess I can’t argue with that since your taste is the official metric for everything. Are there other genres we should dismiss forever based on your preferences?

I finished both Immortality and Tinykin last month and I’m quite sure I’ll finish at least one GP game this month. So fuck off with your transparent bullshit.

WfMiLUA.jpg

s8vbbRo.jpg

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Where? Not being a dick but it’s rock bottom on MC and quite poor for Steam’s standards as well;

1vfBEi5.jpg

Imagine saying game reviewed as "very positive, 82 percent" of ALL TIME users is a bad game lol wtf.

I mean, gsme ain't for me, but that twisting there is pitty.

Banjo64

cumsessed
So your argument is « I don’t like puzzle games therefore it’s shit »?

Guess I can’t argue with that since your taste is the official metric for everything. Are there other genres we should dismiss forever based on your preferences?

I finished both Immortality and Tinykin last month and I’m quite sure I’ll finish at least one GP game this month. So fuck off with your transparent bullshit.

WfMiLUA.jpg

s8vbbRo.jpg
How are Tinykin and Immortality anywhere near as obscure as Train Sim and your puzzle game? And we were talking about this month’s games, just in case you forgot, ya dufus.

And yes, that’s how worth is genuinely decided, if I personally don’t like something then it isn’t worth anything to me.

If you’d have liked me to be diplomatic about it and say something like ‘well acshually to the 0.3% of people that like programming based puzzle games this is the best month of game pass ever’ well tough titties. Get over it.

JLB

Banned
this was inevitably the issue with these services right? Game Development/Production isn't like Hollywood/TV where shows are constantly flooding in a huge consistent pace, game development for AA and above takes 3 - 5 years now, a subscription service can't be sustained with new content at a rate that will be exciting for current users, leaving nothing but cheap Indie shit to fill the service with in the void of AA+ new titles. I wonder if we'll see a retooling of game development to push quick cheap titles out more and more to keep new things coming on Gamepass one day? Or if we'll see episodic content try to come back (again) now that a legit platform is in place (remember all the episodic experiments a decade ago, from valve and a few others? those were failed experiments, but the industry might be ready to try again, especially with the success of "season" based content we see in some games lately)
aha, yeah, one month with games you dont like and this is all of the sudden a prefixed destiny.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They're already talking about the next set of games in the first 3 lines of this announcement, so even they know this is a 'prepper' drop getting ready for the bigger one during TGS.

Feeling like at least one, two big JRPG (along with Deathloop maybe) coming then.

Did anyone ever managed to complete I am Fish completely? If so your a gamer among gamers to be able to have those kind of skills.

Jaybe

Gold Member
So apparently this Disney Dreamland Valley game will eventually be free-to-play and Is in early access now… a beta release 🤦‍♂️

https://www.theloadout.com/disney-dreamlight-valley/free-to-play

Is Disney Dreamlight Valley free to play?​

Disney Dreamlight Valley will be free to play when it launches after its early access period. From September 6, 2022, players who purchase the Founder’s Pack or have Xbox Game Pass will receive early access to the game before it releases in that complete state.

The early access release of the game does not feature all of the mechanics and systems Gameloft want to implement. So, things like balancing, gameplay, and new content will be added and tweaked until it comes out of early access sometime in 2023.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
when the Activision deal will go through? i need sekiro on gamepass, because as right now its looking depressing

Chukhopops

How are Tinykin and Immortality anywhere near as obscure as Train Sim and your puzzle game? And we were talking about this month’s games, just in case you forgot, ya dufus.

And yes, that’s how worth is genuinely decided, if I personally don’t like something then it isn’t worth anything to me.

If you’d have liked me to be diplomatic about it and say something like ‘well acshually to the 0.3% of people that like programming based puzzle games this is the best month of game pass ever’ well tough titties. Get over it.
I don’t care for your personal preferences in the end. They’re completely irrelevant to measure the value of a service.

I don’t see how Tinykin, developed by a completely unknown dev, is less obscure than Opus Magnum but if it’s your argument then whatever.

I wish you had done more puzzles when you were a child since it’s established to increase IQ by 4 on average.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I don’t care for your personal preferences in the end. They’re completely irrelevant to measure the value of a service.

I don’t see how Tinykin, developed by a completely unknown dev, is less obscure than Opus Magnum but if it’s your argument then whatever.

I wish you had done more puzzles when you were a child since it’s established to increase IQ by 4 on average.
Luckily I don’t miss them.

Party Dancing GIF by Florida Georgia Line

I had, I think, two years of the $1 upgrade GP. Well, apparently, that ran out, as Microsoft charged me $15 for September GamePass.

I'm out. I went ahead and canceled my subscription. I would rather just buy and keep the games I want.

Microsoft hasn't given me much reason to turn on GamePass lately. I'm not going to be one of those who pretends Powerwash Simulator or You Suck At Parking, or whatever nonsense are great games to justify my subscription.

I'll happily buy Starfield. Until then, I'll be over on my SteamDeck, Switch and PS5.

Griffon

I take it as a good signs that studios have gotten wise to the MS' hustle and aren't underselling their games anymore.

Fuck subscriptions, just buy the few games you want (on sale or not).
And if you want to discover fresh new games, just play the demos before buying or not.

Last edited:

anthony2690

1vfBEi5.jpg

Not interested in a train sim game myself.

Reviews:
VERY POSITIVE (82% of 6264) ALL TIME

Did you mix up with recent reviews though?
As I'm not sure I'd say 82% is middling...

Tinykin I'm very tempted to give a go, looks very fun, but I'm currently mega into killer is dead! :)

Last edited:

coffinbirth

I actually breathe a sigh of relief with these, erm...lesser offerings as my GP backlog is already pretty stacked. Metal Hellsinger looks cool though. Personally was relieved when High on Life got delayed to December, because October is already completely stacked. Not just GamePass, MW2 and Ragnarok loom large as well.

Currently swapping between Immortality, Genesis Noir, A Plague Tale, Power Wash Simulator, Gorogoa and NFS Heat. About through all of them. I often find myself just going for the "leaving soon" offerings just at the very least to try them out before they're gone. To me, this is part of the "hook" to this model, as more often than not, I'll get into a game and just end up buying it to avoid rushing through it. Of course, I have a sickness and this contributes to having hundreds of unplayed/unfinished games in my backlog.

jaysius

Banned
Tinykin is very fun. Give it a go when you get a chance.

YDkYI6E.jpg
Tinykin is superior to Pikmin, and the Disney F2P is better than Animal Crossing.

Nintendo being asleep at the wheel is finally catching up to it, good riddance, produce more content or be left behind.

Incoming people pretending these are downright bangers.

Wtf is dreamlight valley btw? Never heard of it.
Dreamlight valley is Animal Crossing with Disney characters. It's also supposed to be a free to play game, so does that mean a heavily monetized game that would have been free for everyone is being held back from a universally free initial release so Microsoft can have exclusivity for a while on a game filled with microtransactions?

That's really lame on a number of levels.

Last edited:

Relique

Dunno. Gold was £25 a year a month or so ago. 3 years Game Pass and online play is still a bargain at £75.
The only way I know to get it that cheap is to do buy Turkish keys off some key sites and then use a VPN to redeem it before switching back to your region. Let's be realistic there aren't many people paying that because most people aren't that savvy.

I saved through the conversion trick but didn't get it anywhere that cheap. I don't think that trick was widely known back when I added my two years.

If you got another way I am all ears but my sub doesn't expire until next Spring.

Either way I think it's fair to judge the sub based on the normal price. These conversions tricks aren't going to be around forever and you'd be surprised how many people are just paying the normal price.

Last edited:

Hestar69

Metal Hellsinger looks dope. The other games look like dogshit.. this is like 4 months in a row of of garbage wtf is going on with xbox. I hope the TGS stuff is better because we lost alot of good games this month and this is what we get?

DaGwaphics

So something needs to have 25 million subscribers before you can get behind it in order to access games you want to play? Ok, got it.

The number of users that have access is definitely going to amplify the user reaction when games get added sure. You'd think only a small, vocal minority will post on forums/social media about the additions, but that number still goes up with a considerable boost in subscribers.

Tinykin is superior to Pikmin, and the Disney F2P is better than Animal Crossing.

Nintendo being asleep at the wheel is finally catching up to it, good riddance, produce more content or be left behind.

Once again, they are literally nothing alike other than you control little creatures. It has as much in common as it does with Overlord.

bender

What time is it?
Everyone needs to calm the fuck down and create a Disney Princess in Disney Dreamlight Valley like me, Bender.

d3bqrur-29abd1c2-70ed-426c-b759-6d3888861789.gif

DaGwaphics

Why play old games when I can play new games? Also how do you know the games are shit when they aren't even out yet?

If I had to choose between one or the other explicitly, I'd take the new games 10 times over to be sure. Almost every month there are at least a few games that are new that I'm interested in, whether it is Two Point, or something like A Plague Tale. That's where the real value is. Next months seems great, but we still have half this month left as well.

A more recognizable older game or two sprinkled in are a bonus and can be a marketing plus when the games coming in don't have a strong following (not to say that an unknown game can't strike a chord).

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
The only way I know to get it that cheap is to do buy Turkish keys off some key sites and then use a VPN to redeem it before switching back to your region. Let's be realistic there aren't many people paying that because most people aren't that savvy.

Usually yeah. But recently UK/EU codes have been that cheap too. £12.99 for 6 months last month (cdkeys);

https://www.hotukdeals.com/share-deal-from-app/3965959

Last edited:

Roberts

I try to be open minded about more niche or obscure games and try them all. So, I downloaded that Train sim yesterday. Nah, not for me, but Im pretty sure there will be tons of train obsessed people who will get a kick out of it. And who knows, maybe none of the other games in this line-up will suit me. I guess time to cancel GP, bury it and piss on its grave.

But....then again, just finished both Tinykin and Immortality and both were great. I would say that Tinykin is top5 this year and Immortality is a unique gaming experience that I never had before.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
that doom ripoff looks so bad lmao
I don't like this trend of copying other games and releasing them as "made by fans as a love letter."

You're making a new IP. Have an original idea for FFS.

The industry is brimming with weird "souls like" games that try to play exactly the same as if they were mods. They even use the same controls and even the same fonts ffs. At least games like Hollow Knight or Salt & Sacrifice did something new and evolved that formula. These other games are just cheap copies.

/rant

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Dreamlight valley is Animal Crossing with Disney characters. It's also supposed to be a free to play game, so does that mean a heavily monetized game that would have been free for everyone is being held back from a universally free initial release so Microsoft can have exclusivity for a while on a game filled with microtransactions?

That's really lame on a number of levels.
Its $30 on switch.

Nico_D

Watching my wife playing Dreamlight Valley. It seems good to me. Many of the AC and SW things are there, it looks and sounds good. Much better than I thought it would be.

If life sim is your thing, worth to try.

Top Bottom