• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

computar question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Okay i have an ATI 9600st in my comp right now and i have a 7800 all in wonder sitting in a bag. is it possible for me to install the 7800 just to use the video in features? or can i not have them in at the same time?

Dylx

u only can have one video card in at one time

if u want video-in features try and get the 9600 all-in-wonder or a tv tuner card

Justin Bailey

------ ------
Dylx said:

if u want video-in features try and get the 9600 all-in-wonder or a tv tuner card
you sure about that? I've never done it myself, but I thought I had a friend that had two vid cards on the same board.

sprsk

Dylx said:

I dont wanna buy a new card :(

Dylx

just get a tv tuner card its only forty bucks it goes in your pci slot and allows you to have video-in

and no u cannot have two video cards in at once unless u have the old voodoo SLI's or the new nvidia cards that support SLI

xsarien

daedsiluap
If one's a PCI and the other's an AGP, there's no reason why you *shouldn't* be able to have them both in at the same time. Bear in mind I've never done it, but I'd imagine that the worst that can happen is that your computer will kind of flip out when you boot it up. But two boards in one machine isn't unheard of.

My Magic 8-Ball, which is pure opinion, says "Go for it, let us know what happens."

sprsk

Dylx said:
just get a tv tuner card its only forty bucks it goes in your pci slot and allows you to have video-in

and no u cannot have two video cards in at once unless u have the old voodoo SLI's or the new nvidia cards that support SLI

well i have a usb WINTV and it sucks. what tv tuners are good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom