• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONCACAF Gold Cup | 7-26 July 2015 | The Ecstasy of Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

loki 16

Martinoli has criticized Piojo's daughter for her numerous asinine comments she's made on Twitter attacking anyone who dares criticize his dad but that's it. Of course Piojo's version will make him look better. Numerous others confirmed the physical aggression and it was just a push. And even if it was just a push its still out of line and more than enough reason to sack a national team's coach. You cannot touch a member of the press. Period.

The only caveat I can see is that Martinoli was messing with his Piojo's family and Piojo wanted to answered back. That is different from punching or pushing some one because they are critical of your work.

http://www.24-horas.mx/piojo-golpea-a-martinoli-en-pleno-aeropuerto-de-filadelfia/

http://m.espn.go.com/deportes/nota?storyId=2432471&src=desktop&cc=5200

These are just two of many (you'll easily find many more since "Martinoli" is trending on Twitter. And according to one ESPN reporter:
http://twitter.com/SergioADippW/status/625725101938315264

Oh goody. If that video does exist I salivate at the thought of it going public. I figured one should exist. It happened in an American airport, after all.

The only caveat I can see is that Martinoli was messing with his Piojo's family and Piojo wanted to answered back. That is different from punching or pushing some one because they are critical of your work.
Never. Absolutely never a national team coach should physically attack a member of the press. There is no fucking excuse. There's should be no forgiveness here. I don't care you think Martinoli's criticisms of Piojo and his daughter were over the line (they weren't). There's no excuse.

loki 16

Never. Absolutely never a national team coach should physically attack a member of the press. There is no fucking excuse. There's should be no forgiveness here. I don't care you think Martinoli's criticisms of Piojo and his daughter were over the line (they weren't). There's no excuse.

Dude Martinoli Called Piojo and her daughter a bunch of name that had nothing to do with football. I agree with you that piojo should have not reacted the way and if he punch Martinoli he should be fired.

brau

That sucks... i gotta say tho... some jounalists do try and troll to get a reaction. Never really cared for the people in TV Azteca. Nor the ones in Televisa for that matter. But i guess Televisa people tend to be more sociable. I miss some of the older journs and narrators.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Fernando Schwartz said Martinoli was shit taking piojo's daughter and piojo push him. I would like to see surveillance video of the incident before making any type of judgement.
Pushing a journalist is still an aggression. He should be punished.

That said, Martinoli is no saint. There's no reason for him to harass the coach's family members.

That sucks... i gotta say tho... some jounalists do try and troll to get a reaction. Never really cared for the people in TV Azteca. Nor the ones in Televisa for that matter. But i guess Televisa people tend to be more sociable. I miss some of the older journs and narrators.
Televisa runs Mexican football. They practically put Piojo as coach and pay his salary, of course they'll come across as more "sociable". For them everything in the NT is sugar and rainbows. I checked their Twitter account and of their commentators and not one has stated a single thing about this incident after hours of everyone else talking about it. The only exception was Antonio de Valdes and even he limited his opinion to "I'll wait for confirmation".

No one in Mexico has more direct interest in soccer than Televisa. When a Mexican journalist ventilated the players of illegal age in an under 21 team in the late 80s that banned Mexico from qualifying to the WC Italy 1990 Televisa got this journalist banned from he getting the FIFA permissions to go to the WC! They are vicious and biased as shit.

Attacking the team or sacking a coach can hurt them very very directly in their wallets so they give zero fucks at trying to be objective. This is not new when it comes to Televisa. Such have been their ways since the origin of man.

brau

Televisa runs Mexican football. They practically put Piojo as coach and pay his salary, of course they'll come across as more "sociable". For them everything in the NT is sugar and rainbows. I checked their Twitter account and of their commentators and not one has stated a single thing about this incident after hours of everyone else talking about it. The only exception was Antonio de Valdes and even he limited his opinion to "I'll wait for confirmation".

No one in Mexico has more direct interest in soccer than Televisa. When a Mexican journalist ventilated the players of illegal age in an under 21 team in the late 80s that banned Mexico from qualifying to the WC Italy 1990 Televisa got this journalist banned from he getting the FIFA permissions to go to the WC! They are vicious and biased as shit.

Attacking the team or sacking a coach can hurt them very very directly in their wallets so they give zero fucks at trying to be objective. This is not new when it comes to Televisa. Such have been their ways since the origin of man.

Pretty much this. They make so much money out of soccer.

alterno69

Banned
Pretty much this. They make so much money out of soccer.
Not to mention how they use it also to manipulate and kee large chunks of the population ignorant of more important issues in the country.

Herrera has to go, no if or buts, he has to go, will he go? I sadly doubt it.

Cess007

Fernando Schwartz said Martinoli was shit taking piojo's daughter and piojo push him. I would like to see surveillance video of the incident before making any type of judgement.

I'm also waiting for a video or a 3rd party source. The constant verbal fights and bad blood between el Piojo and the press has left me sceptical about any version coming from any of them.

But if turns out that it's true that Piojo attacked Martionalli, he should be punished, either fined (if it was a push) or fired (it was anything more than a push).

brau

Not to mention how they use it also to manipulate and kee large chunks of the population ignorant of more important issues in the country.

Herrera has to go, no if or buts, he has to go, will he go? I sadly doubt it.

Yea... this is a big part of it too....

I wonder how this plays out. A rep like the coach of the mexican team, assaulting someone, even if the guy is a douchebag doesn't speak well.

tim.mbp

50y3zqa.png

holy shit

I like the Dutch again

lol

Eila

Lol at the playoff match being a single match in the US. Lol at the playoff match being instated in 2013, when it was clear Mexico would have to bring a B squad to that year's Gold Cup.
It's not about the money, but about helping Mexico (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Rumours on twitter are saying that FMF is gonna announce Herrera's dismissal tomorrow morning. Candidates are Antonio Mohammed and Gustavo Matosas.

Jurgen Klinsmann sighing in relief.

Calvero

Banned
Rumours on twitter are saying that FMF is gonna announce Herrera's dismissal tomorrow morning. Candidates are Antonio Mohammed and Gustavo Matosas.

Jurgen Klinsmann sighing in relief.

both bad choices still
ughh, why are they so dependent on the last ones who won the mexican league or got to the final. so annoying

The team really seemed to rally behind Herrera. Sucks that he had to go and fuck it up. I think Mohamed would be a good replacement though, unfortunately he's not nearly as gif worthy.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The real best candidate would be Vucetich... but they burnt that bridge two years ago.
Yeah Tony is good. I don't think Matosas would handle it well. Crossing fingers for Ferreti. Lol.
Ferreti has been offered the job before. He has always said no, wisely.

EDIT: I think this thread has run its course. Where's the LatAm football thread?

Calvero

Banned
The real best candidate would be Vucetich... but they burnt that bridge two years ago.

EDIT: I think this thread has run its course. Where's the LatAm football thread?

I also really like Raul Gutierrez

v1lla21

Left my laptop at work. I only post from mobile :/ we can just have some rough one for now.
Gonna use my sister's laptop.
How about this?
Fútbol Latino |OT| Patrocinado por Televisa

Yea... this is a big part of it too....

I wonder how this plays out. A rep like the coach of the mexican team, assaulting someone, even if the guy is a douchebag doesn't speak well.

I don't think he is a douchebag though.
He is very entertaining and gives strong criticism when deserved. Plus, El Piojo has a history of violent reactions so it's not hard to belive Martinolli in this case.

Really sucks but it had to be done. Bring on El Turco.

That would be great, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom