• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cory Barlog tweets about Halo Infinite; praises the reveal and gets a pat on the back from Phil Spencer (Jim Ryan is Upset)

g5AMnIv.png

Mista

Banned
Odd considering GOW is infinitaly better than anything ND has released in the past 10 years.
I think that too. It was just an example of how they always have each others backs and nobody will ever dare to criticise another developer no matter how bad the game looks. Take a look at Cory’s twitter around the time TLOU2 got released. He became Neil’s bodyguard for free

LarknThe4th

To be fair people can meme with a brutes face and all an make fun of the graphics and all but the gameplay, by far, looked the most dynamic of anything at the show(and personally the most interesting of anything we have seen of the "next gen" twins)

I'm sure Cory as the genius behind GOW 2 respects and recognises the potential of what we saw

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
He can say nothing. But he didn't.

Some people can actually like this game. It isn't strange.
He's just showing some support. Given the hate Barlog received for rebooting GOW the way he did prior to release, he probably knows how the reception feels for the devs all too well.

Last edited:

pr0cs

Strange, I thought all video game company execs hated each other and wanted any and every opportunity to bash each other.
Has GAF lied to me again?

jakinov

Cory likely doesn't have high expectations so that they can brag about the extra teraflops of the Series X. And doesn't have an interest in trying to downplaying Xbox Studios or what the Xbox SX can do. He's a gamer who happens to also work for a studio owned by Sony. He probably just sees it as another Halo game that looks better than their last and doesn't expect every developer to have amazing breakthroughs in graphics graphics/art like his studio does.

I had low expectations coming in. All I expected was that it was a improvement from Halo 5 and it was and that the Series X version would be more stable, better picture quality, more detailed, and eventually get ray-tracing. I liked the demo visually simply because it was an improvement over the last Halo game. I don't expect the company that can barely stabilize MCC is going to suddenly become one of the best teams at producing visually stunning games. Especially if they keep mostly the same employees. Employees get better over time and adding new employees help but if the bulk of your team already isn't really the top tier of the industry, they will hold each other back. Which is why I'm not a huge fan of Microsoft's studio strategy of acquire, fund, and laissez faire approach of B-grade studios. Because you have to keep all the crappy employees to work with your new better ones and the same management/leadership. You'll probably see improvement but you don't fix/remove any of the problems working at the existing studios. Not saying they should go in and fire people because that ruins morale but there's a benefit in forming brand new teams from scratch over trying to improve an existing team that didn't have a lot of potential to begin with. The turnover at 343 from a few months ago is hopefully the result of something positive for the company.

WellSheet

It’s nice to see the love. Rather harmony and appreciation for each other than not...

But, yeah...what is he going to say? “WHATS THIS SHIT MICROSOFT YALL SUCK ASS NUGGETS WERE FIXIN TO BLOW YALL OUT THE WA WA COME FALL”

Cory is also hardcore Redneckin’ it in this hypothetical scenario.

JimiNutz

Banned
I 'loved' the reveal too since it spawned many hilarious memes (GAF you're the best) which made me laugh a lot.

I'm sure a lot of other Sony executives 'loved' the reveal too.

Top Bottom