• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter Strike 2 |OT| The Bomb has been replanted

Draugoth

Gold Member
KscQhGN.jpg

hKTMoK2.png

2gj1w8w.png

hjuacMQ.png

GKhQUDj.png

sPKa48G.png

5e5jzGw.png

ghIMJzG.png

e4kGPQW.png

E8EBmaM.png
SqJFryJ.png
o1nIobt.png

rr3PyRI.png

Heab8DQ.png

25PQVEO.png

dEVqyyJ.png

WnkUzYH.png

rIDk8ia.png

37dymmE.png

audio.png

fnKcSWo.png

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Played a few rounds. Yup thats counterstrike alright. This was an updated needed like 7years ago. Before anyone tries to come at me, I played cs since 1.0 (23 years ago), the gunplay is beyond dated and they didnt change anything with it. Its still just random bs head shots with the AK. Graphics finally look pretty good and the player models are even better than before, but gameplay change did nothing for me to bring me back.

calistan

As a total CS noob, is this worth playing for fun or is it going to be full of experts everywhere?
What's the point of the Prime Status upgrade?
Will the matchmaking put me with similarly clueless players?

Should I just wait for the next CoD?

G-DannY

As a total CS noob, is this worth playing for fun or is it going to be full of experts everywhere?
What's the point of the Prime Status upgrade?
Will the matchmaking put me with similarly clueless players?

Should I just wait for the next CoD?
it's by definition one if not the topmost competitive shooter filled with tryhards wannabe e-sport superheros (and cheaters by response)

make your move

Last edited:

calistan

it's by definition one if not the topmost competitive shooter filled with tryhards wannabe e-sport superheros (and cheaters by response)

make your move
Ahh, balls. I was hoping this was more of a reboot. Skill based matchmaking, training lobbies, etc.

As you were, MW3 can't be too far away.

twilo99

I lost all key binds and settings.. was that to be expected?

It feels really good to play. Fast, snappy, good bullet registration. Absolutely everything you want in CS.

I’m really liking the hit reg.. there was a lot of complaints about it during the beta, so I wasn’t sure what to expect, but it’s good, at least from my perspective.

I really like the new bullet tracers..

00_Zer0

Damn, I am scared to try it with my low tier rig. It's free to try it, but I only have a 3700X CPU and a 5700 XT GPU all on the AMD side. I own a 5800X3D, but haven't installed it on my MB yet, and I will probably hold out on a GPU one or two years down the line. (I am not sure I can wait that long)I will probably get a new or used GPU when the Nvidia 5000 series or the AMD 8000 series comes out depending on performance and availability.

Heh. I just installed the game and the game icon still calls it “GO”. I guess they forgot.

They also forgot to update the system requirements? What sort of indie company is this?

Last edited:

swaffles23

I mostly play hostage. I'm liking the new map changes on Italy

Really enjoying what I've played so far

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Cautiously optimistic about this one. The hit reg was unbelievably bad in CS GO. I'll check it out tonight - been a few years and I do kinda miss the game.

Wonko_C

Now if only Valve learned how to count to 3 and gave us HL 3 in this engine or in VR. Yes, I know Alyx exists, its not HL3.
So I'm guessing this game does not have VR support? It's a skip for me then. I wanted to destroy flat players.

Last edited:

twilo99

Competitive ranked my man. This is bandit country after all.

Ah, nice, you must be feeling confident enough.. does it feel better than csgo to you?

I need to give it another couple of weeks. Too much quake in my younger years has programed my brain in a different direction to what goes on in CS lol

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Ah, nice, you must be feeling confident enough.. does it feel better than csgo to you?

I need to give it another couple of weeks. Too much quake in my younger years has programed my brain in a different direction to what goes on in CS lol
It’s just more CS with some new coat of paint.

The rank system is set up in such a way you can just pick one map only to play on on repeat to both learn it and still play ranked. Then you can move onto adding another map or just picking one.

All I did when I got into csgo was learn each mail one by one for a few days. Along the way my aim , game sense , etc improves. Now I just play in all maps except a few I don’t like.

I could play inferno all day though.

Don’t let rank stress you out. It’s fully reset for everyone right now. Plus unlike a game like valorant it isn’t a bunch of kids who afk, sabotage , and rage quit.

CS community are trolls but play to win. They may tell you that you suck but they are also bad if they are in your rank with you. The game doesn’t even put you into a rank until you win 10 matches—- so if you are in a 50+ loss streak you won’t even get seeded lol.

Fire it up — you’ll do fine.

Pejo

Gold Member
I can feel the sweat dripping off of this thread.

Happy for everyone that plays it for all the improvements, but alas I fucking suck at this game so I won't be joining you all.

The only time I had fun with CS was when I set up a private server with my IT team at a school I worked for and we used to play basically lag free over our MPLS lines.

Robbinhood

Banned
I love everything except the AK. To me it feels like shit compared to GO.

I have a lag when scoping in with AWP the first time. I have to basically scope it in when the match starts to get it out of the way.

Anyone else have this, what the f can I do to fix the stutter when zooming.

amigastar

Just a question, guys.
Is it possible to play the game more casual (without clan or such)?
Just hop into a game and enjoy?

twilo99

I think they've done a great job with this game.. bravo

It’s just more CS with some new coat of paint.

The rank system is set up in such a way you can just pick one map only to play on on repeat to both learn it and still play ranked. Then you can move onto adding another map or just picking one.

All I did when I got into csgo was learn each mail one by one for a few days. Along the way my aim , game sense , etc improves. Now I just play in all maps except a few I don’t like.

I could play inferno all day though.

Don’t let rank stress you out. It’s fully reset for everyone right now. Plus unlike a game like valorant it isn’t a bunch of kids who afk, sabotage , and rage quit.

CS community are trolls but play to win. They may tell you that you suck but they are also bad if they are in your rank with you. The game doesn’t even put you into a rank until you win 10 matches—- so if you are in a 50+ loss streak you won’t even get seeded lol.

Fire it up — you’ll do fine.

I just saw that you can pick only one map in ranked so that's what I'll do. I'm fairly confident in my aim, so I just need to learn the maps and polish movement because that's not great. Also, I need to learn how to better use tacticals because its a huge part of the game.

You are right about the crowd.. especially now with the update I think it's even more so since its all new.

I played almost 3hrs of deathmatch today just to get used to the guns lol

Neon Xenon

Counter-Strike was an FPS that I never really sat down and tried getting into (only a few times of checking out the original a few times way back when it was still a Half-Life mod), but I would still think about trying every now and then. This time...maybe I'll give it a shot. I'll at least start with Casual.

I keep getting this error ever since the update. Also its weird it says its missing pretty much PC files even though Im playing on the mac since its compatible.

SgvKyLc.png

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
I love everything except the AK. To me it feels like shit compared to GO.

I have a lag when scoping in with AWP the first time. I have to basically scope it in when the match starts to get it out of the way.

Anyone else have this, what the f can I do to fix the stutter when zooming.

that is a change not a bug. They nerfed awp and scopes speed in cs2.

They also made recoil on galil less, and more on ak. It's weird. Now it feel like galil is more accurate than AK when spraying

Just a question, guys.
Is it possible to play the game more casual (without clan or such)?
Just hop into a game and enjoy?
I’ve never played this game until yesterday. I do have a chunk of time with Valorant, though.

Just start the game, play the bot match, join casual, and enjoy.

(Although I find it isn’t as fun as Valorant due to lack of character abilities)

SomeGit

I keep getting this error ever since the update. Also its weird it says its missing pretty much PC files even though Im playing on the mac since its compatible.

SgvKyLc.png
It’s not Mac compatible anymore, they removed that from the store. It may be updated in the future though.

Last edited:

twilo99

that is a change not a bug. They nerfed awp and scopes speed in cs2.

They also made recoil on galil less, and more on ak. It's weird. Now it feel like galil is more accurate than AK when spraying

What did they nerf on the awp besides scope speed?

VN1X

Banned
As I said elsewhere: this "full release:" removed achievements, (workshop) maps, modes, Mac support, community features, framerate. Introduced no new content, well aside from the heaps of issues and bugs that the game is currently rife with, slapped a "2" at the end of the title and called it a day. And now you get to play the beta for another year or so before they fix everything and re-introduce existing content that people enjoyed and expected.

Well done Valve. Another fucking botched release by a big studio.

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

Last edited:
Top Bottom